Global shipping Kentrucky tracking says Undeliverable.  System Restriction.

Awaiting an order from a shipper that used Global Shipping Center in Kentucky.

I have been watching the tracking.  

Now it says the package is at the center but it also says  Undeliverable.  System Restriction.

I paid international shipping.   They are in the US and I'm in Canada.   It's iron supplements.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

marnotom!
Community Member
I can see how supplements requiring the official approval of bodies such as the US FDA or Health Canada could trip up an item being forwarded through the Global Shipping Program.

The workers at the Global Shipping Center in Kentucky aren’t pharmacists; they’re probably just following directives not to process items that may fall afoul of another country’s health regulations.

I remember the days when we could grab iron supplements off a drugstore shelf just like we could a box of bandages. Now we have to ask a pharmacist for them.

If you don’t automatically get refunded in the next week or so, file a refund claim through the Money-Back Guarantee program as soon as you’re able and add a note that this is an item that was forwarded through the Global Shipping Program to ensure you get all your fees and charges refunded.
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

If the gsp has restricted that item they will refund you in full.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@myfrenchapartment wrote:

Awaiting an order from a shipper that used Global Shipping Center in Kentucky.

I have been watching the tracking.  

Now it says the package is at the center but it also says  Undeliverable.  System Restriction.

I paid international shipping.   They are in the US and I'm in Canada.   It's iron supplements.

I suggest you wait it out until Tuesday because of the holiday weekend. The tracking may change since that sounds like a USPS problem rather than GSP issue (can't tell for sure without looking at the actual tracking info).

If it doesn't straighten out on it's own you can open a Not Received claim but at this moment it sounds like the seller did their part.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

It seems the iron supplements are banned to cross the border into Canada. We can buy them here and they're only supplements for goodness sake. Ebay shipper apologized. Ebay 'item not received' option I have to wait 3 days before opening a file.
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@myfrenchapartment 

Hello tyler@ebay , Could you maybe look into this please. In checking the GSP pages I see that there are numerous categories and items that are NOT supposed to be shipped with GSP. Do the listings only get flagged when they reach Pitney Bowes. Because of the volume of sellers usings GSP they may not all be aware of what can or cannot be shipped within the program.  If items were blocked that should be banned from GSP before listing is completed it would resolve the number of issues with buyers finding out after the fact as in most cases they would be unaware of what should or should not be shipped with this program and in turn cut down on the all associated refunding.

-Lotz

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/global-shipping-program?id...

Because of export limitations and restrictions, items listed in the following categories can't ??? be shipped through the Global Shipping Program

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Ir's one of the big deficiencies with GSP, because of eBay's category structure and lack of a defined product catalog that includes ALL listings it's impossible to put a category based block in place that wouldn't also include a ton of items that ARE ok.

This problem also results in the "import charges" being a guess because the rates of import tax and especially import duties can vary considerable for products within the same category (for example clothing, duty rates are different for cotton clothing and synthetic clothing but it's difficult to determine which would apply for many listings where these details are too vague.

Pitney-Bowes averages these out but it means some buyers pay too much and some pay too little.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@recped 

You make a number of valid points. My concern it the ambiguity of a rule that states "can't" and then still allows these listings to get through the cracks. Stop them prior to payment and /or shipping and let a buyer purchase through other means before having to wait until it arrives at PB and the shock of it not going any further. On the other end stops the seller from being forced to refund.  (I realize ignorance is not a reason but with all of the assorted rules and their constant changes how is a seller ever going to keep track). It is possible to put up error messages for "Native" items, banned countries and harddrives to name a few. Error messages should not have been an afterthought for GSP. Sadly most buyers find out the perils of GSP after they purchase, not before. That's how I learned and from that point forward I've refused to ever use again.

-Lotz

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I've had some dealing with Pitney-Bowes that go back to the late 70's......

They are one of the most useless companies I have ever encountered in my business dealings. They are one of the rare mega-corps (over 14,000 employees) whose stock never recovered from the 2008 financial crisis, in fact their stock has been on a pretty steady decline for the past 12 years. Right now they have a P/E of 3.10 and a 5 year return of -90.59% which for most companies means that bankruptcy is not far away.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

You shouldn’t have to open a claim. If they refuse to ship them they automatically refund the buyer.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@myfrenchapartment 

Hello tyler@ebay , Could you maybe look into this please. In checking the GSP pages I see that there are numerous categories and items that are NOT supposed to be shipped with GSP. Do the listings only get flagged when they reach Pitney Bowes. Because of the volume of sellers usings GSP they may not all be aware of what can or cannot be shipped within the program.  If items were blocked that should be banned from GSP before listing is completed it would resolve the number of issues with buyers finding out after the fact as in most cases they would be unaware of what should or should not be shipped with this program and in turn cut down on the all associated refunding.

-Lotz

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/global-shipping-program?id...

Because of export limitations and restrictions, items listed in the following categories can't ??? be shipped through the Global Shipping Program

Thanks for the tag @lotzofuniquegoodies! To your comments - we do indicate if an entire category is not eligible to go through GSP at the time of listing. However, as this is a dynamic list it's possible that the restriction comes after the listing is already live, which would mean that no shipping options would present themselves to a potential buyer.

Hi @myfrenchapartment - sorry to hear that this happened. Because country restrictions and categories are added (and removed) from the Global Shipping Program regularly, it's possible that when you purchased the item it was allowed, but by the time that it reached the Kentucky sorting center it was no longer allowed. If you've opened a request with us we should make sure you get taken care of!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I ordered one bottle of supplements. NO PROBLEM. 

Now ordered 4 more bottlens Of the same and it becomes undeliverable!

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

See posts 2 and 7.
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 14 of 14
latest reply