GoGlobalPost

Hello,

I have order from USA shipped by USPS .

The Tracking shows :

Arrived Shipping Partner Facility.This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.

The Seller used GoGlobalPost .

I'm wondering is GoGlobalPost & GSP the same shipping program? 

Thank you

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: GoGlobalPost

@pansy19 wrote:

The Seller charged me shipping $ USD 25.00 for Item Value $ USD 400.00.

I paid the same amount for  EBay Standard shipping for Items under $ USD 100.00 ( I had 4 orders arrived in January ) .

This is what I was asking  " Is GoGlobalPost the same as Global Shipping .

The  USA Sellers have right to switch carrier .

When Item arrived damaged NOT Seller neither ebay  help with customs fees .

The Seller doesn't provide RSL , easy to Refund Payment to buyer as they get covered for that amount.Ebay close case and buyer  can't get back custom fees.

There is no trust anymore .

Thank you

@pansy19 

Whenever one of these new fangled programs is released I ALWAYS wonder if any pretesting was done to make sure it is working as it should. This appears to again be a case, of no, none was done. Hopefully there will be some followup on this from Devon. Still waiting on a response to my last questions to GoGlobalPost. Sorry you had such an experience. Why all of this needs to be explained better before a customer commits to making a purchase using this service.

-Lotz 

Message 21 of 37
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

eBay International Standard Delivery is not the same thing as eBay International Shipping, although by the looks of things they presently work about the same way from the buyer's end:  The buyer is responsible for paying any taxes, duties and other import charges at the time of delivery rather than at the time of payment, which is how the GSP works.

This page from the Canada Border Services website contains a link to a document you can fill in and print off (or print off and fill in) and send off to receive a refund of taxes and duties you paid on a returned "casual import":

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b2g-eng.html

For what it's worth, my understanding is that eBay International Standard Delivery is also being phased out in favour of the new eBay International Shipping service.

Message 22 of 37
latest reply

I don't have anything to send to CBSA to get back Custom fees , I wrote allready that Seller doesn't want to send RSL OR Receipt of Label puchase from ebay .

No help.

Ebay CS said give time to seller it's nice seller ???Keep seing contact seller .

It's been 15 Days since  provided copy of Customs Form to seller  , messages ....   

Give Seller time ? 

Not seller not ebay follow Policy .

Message 23 of 37
latest reply

EBay Standars Shipping is not  the same as Int. Ebay Shipping ?

Can you explain what's different ?

Message 24 of 37
latest reply

@pansy19 wrote:

I don't have anything to send to CBSA to get back Custom fees , I wrote allready that Seller doesn't want to send RSL OR Receipt of Label puchase from ebay .

By RSL do you mean "Restricted Substances List"?  Why would a typical eBay seller need that or have to use that for a non-commercial sale?

For eBay's exporting services, the seller just sends the item to a forwarding location and the forwarding agent generates the necessary information (based on item IDs, etc. that are on the shipping label generated for the shipment to the forwarding location) for either a customs form or shipping manifest.

The form I linked you to should be fine if your import is considered a "casual import."  The documentation CBSA would likely need would be a printout of your original receipt and a printout of the details of the refund you received.  If for whatever reason this is a commercial sale, the eBay services weren't set up for B2B transactions and this may be why you're having difficulties such as being required to provide additional documentation.  To be honest, it's very difficult for me to piece together what's been going on here.

@pansy19 wrote:

EBay Standars Shipping is not  the same as Int. Ebay Shipping ?

Can you explain what's different ?

It's probably best that I just point you to the eBay.com page that goes into some detail about the differences.  As I noted, most of these differences are going to be "felt" by the seller, rather than the buyer.

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/shipping/ebay-international-shipping

Message 25 of 37
latest reply

@marnotom! 

I believe the problem is the buyer is looking for an RSL = Receipt of shipping label(along with a total of duties paid in advance). Because there is no way to contact GoShip for the specific shipment this makes the process most difficult. They generated that shipping label and were an intermediate party for collecting the tax the first time. Then tax was collected again when it was deliverd by CP. They need to show proof it was collected in advance or twice.

When it is handled by USPS/CP entirely and customs charges are applicable you get an invoice/receipt when the parcel is released to the buyer. Businesses require documented invoices for all imported shipments.  I've also heard this happen where buyers are being charged twice for VAT countries. This is one procedural change  that would have been better left to customs in the destination country vs a 3rd party and/or bots.

-Lotz

Message 26 of 37
latest reply

RSL  - Return Shipping Label 

Message 27 of 37
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

So if I'm putting these puzzle pieces together properly, you're trying to return an item for a refund.  You paid the taxes and other import charges at the time of delivery.  Have you received a refund for everything but the taxes and import charges or is the seller's inability to send you a return shipping label preventing anything being refunded to you?  It sounded to me as though you'd already received a refund for the item and the shipping cost but I want to make sure I'm understanding this properly.

Message 28 of 37
latest reply

Yes, you umderstood well.

I bought Item on ebay in Decembar 2022 , the shipping for Item was First Class USPS .

I paid Total and waited for Item to arrived.

After one week I went to check status of item and Tracking starts with ESUS ... 

I contacted seller to ask how I'm going to Track Item and why ebay Global shipping as I paid First Class.

The seller said , it's mandatory on ebay to ship with ebay shipping.

The mailman came to Delivery parcel, charged me on door Custom Fees ( no receipt ).

The Item was missing , only paper wrap and Thank you sticker in it .Repacked in large clear bag.

I contacted Seller .

The seller responded , stated that can't get USPS by phone , will contact by mail amd needs to wait 7 days.

I was waiting , then I got Refung after 4 days .

Ebay closed case , not posibble to Apeal on case .

To receive custom fees back  , I have to send Item back to seller , take receipt from Canada Post and present to CBSA .

The seller ignored my messages.Didn't want to send RSL ( Return Shipping Labe), not receipt of Shipping Label bought from ebay.

EBay also refused to send me RSL .

I was waited 2 weeks.Calling ebay CS . They all sad the same " contact seller _, " ask seller "......

And today I was talking with ebay Canada Manager , the person who is not located in Canada , neither Canadien citizen.

He said :

ebay.ca work how Canadian Law require . You got refund , ask CBSA for Customs  we are different institution.

I lost Customs fees . 

One more experience ! 

Message 29 of 37
latest reply

Just let you know that 

GoGlobalPost is not the same as Global Shipping.

GoGlobalPost is USPS shipping with Tracking .

Great /affordable shipping charges for Sellers and Buyers.

Paying Customs once we receive Item  as usual.

It took 12 days from NY ( including 2 weekends) te receive order.

It will be great if we have it in Canada .

Thank you.

Message 30 of 37
latest reply

@pansy19 wrote:

Yes, you umderstood well.

I bought Item on ebay in Decembar 2022 , the shipping for Item was First Class USPS .

I paid Total and waited for Item to arrived.

After one week I went to check status of item and Tracking starts with ESUS ... 

I contacted seller to ask how I'm going to Track Item and why ebay Global shipping as I paid First Class.

The seller said , it's mandatory on ebay to ship with ebay shipping.

That would be a clue that your seller has no idea what they're doing, at least as far as as shipping outside of the US is concerned.  It is not "mandatory" to use an eBay international shipping service when shipping outside of the country.

For what it's worth, I get the impression that there are a number of listings on the .com site where "First Class International" is used as the descriptor for the shipping method but eBay Standard International Shipping is used instead.  Sometimes it's used for services such as GlobalPost.  I think some sellers just use "First Class International" as the description because they know the postal service is used and figure that's good enough.

@pansy19 wrote:

The mailman came to Delivery parcel, charged me on door Custom Fees ( no receipt ).

There may have been no receipt, but as it came through the mail and was handled by CBSA, there should have been some papers from CBSA attached to the package with the description of your item and the taxes and other fees charged on it.  On the back of those papers is a copy of the form you can fill out if you need to apply for an adjustment of the amount paid to CBSA.  In your case, it would be a refund of the taxes and fees.  Are you saying you didn't receive that paperwork with your package?

@pansy19 wrote:

The Item was missing , only paper wrap and Thank you sticker in it .Repacked in large clear bag.

I contacted Seller .

The seller responded , stated that can't get USPS by phone , will contact by mail amd needs to wait 7 days.

I was waiting , then I got Refung after 4 days .

Ebay closed case , not posibble to Apeal on case .

To receive custom fees back  , I have to send Item back to seller , take receipt from Canada Post and present to CBSA .

The case was closed because you received a refund of what you paid the seller.  Your seller either gave up trying to produce a RSL because there's pretty much no way of printing a Canada Post return label from the United States, or else they realized there was no point in trying to get an empty box back.  

Where did you get the information that you need to return the item to the seller?  I think given your circumstances, proof that you received your refund should be enough to satisfy CBSA.  I don't think the paperwork requires any sort of evidence that the item was returned, only that your payment was refunded.

Message 31 of 37
latest reply

I got Refunf under NAD , not INR.

It's not written on ebay that I received empty box .  ebay CS  said keep item you got Refund. 

How I can proof to CSBA that I didn't received Item ?

If is not returned to seller , no option to get  customs back.

The seller bought shipping label from ebay , the RSL has to be bought from the same place, not CP.

Message 32 of 37
latest reply

@pansy19 wrote:

I got Refunf under NAD , not INR.

It's not written on ebay that I received empty box .  ebay CS  said keep item you got Refund. 

How I can proof to CSBA that I didn't received Item ?

If is not returned to seller , no option to get  customs back.

I checked the form/paperwork you're supposed to send to CBSA for this, and there's nothing on it that says you have to return the item to the seller.  It only says that if you returned the item to the seller, you need some documentation to support that.  It doesn't say that you have to return anything to the seller.

I would be checking box 6-d ("other") for the reason for the return and simply state that you received an empty box.  Under part 7 restate that you received an empty box from the eBay seller and add that eBay initated a refund from the seller.  Add printouts of the original sales invoice/receipt and the notification that you received for your refund.  That should be all you need.

However, if you don't have or no longer have the CBSA import receipt document, it won't be possible to get a refund of your import charges as CBSA requires that as well.

@pansy19 wrote:

The seller bought shipping label from ebay , the RSL has to be bought from the same place, not CP.

I don't believe the RSL has to be purchased from the same vendor as the original shipping label, but it's very difficult if not impossible for American sellers to purchase Canadian ones.

This shortcoming has been addressed with the new eBay Intertnational Shipping scheme.

Message 33 of 37
latest reply

@marnotom! wrote:

I would be checking box 6-d ("other") for the reason for the return and simply state that you received. . .

Sorry, I should have written “reason for the refund,” not “reason for the return.”

Message 34 of 37
latest reply

The seller had 3 option to  work on issue.It's stated clearly on ebay Policy what and how.

Not ebay , not seller follow this policy.

You think that you can buy  RSL from  China ,instead in Canada  if your buyer is from China?

Maybe you can, but how much will cost?

Message 35 of 37
latest reply

@pansy19 wrote:

The seller had 3 option to  work on issue.It's stated clearly on ebay Policy what and how.

Not ebay , not seller follow this policy.

There is no eBay policy that states that a "not as described" item must be returned to the seller.  I once received a partial refund from a seller for an item not as described and got to keep the item.  eBay ensured you received a refund from the seller when the seller could not or would not cooperate with you.  It followed policy and procedures as it should have.

Returning an empty box is--at least on the surface--foolish.  I am still mystified as to why you feel you have to do this.  From what I can see from the CBSA document, as long as you have evidence that you received your money back for your purchase, that should be enough to trigger a refund of your customs fees.

@pansy19 wrote:

You think that you can buy  RSL from  China ,instead in Canada  if your buyer is from China?

Maybe you can, but how much will cost?

That's another consideration.  In many international sales, the cost of purchasing a RSL from the buyer's country (if it's possible, which I doubt), will compound the seller's losses on the sale to make it not worth receiving the item back.

Message 36 of 37
latest reply

As sellers, we encourage others to demand the return because this discourages scammers.

Scammers want both the item and the money.

Even sellers with a No Returns policy are allowed to demand the return.

But.

It is not necessary to have the item returned to refund the customer.

Also.

Some sales are not worth having.

Some refunds are not worth fighting.

You are here to make money.

Your labour is worth 25c a minute (BC minimum wage).

Are you spending more labour than the item is worth?

Message 37 of 37
latest reply