Help!! ebay Global Shipping to Canada from US

I live in Vancouver Canada, I bought my item in 133 USD from ebay and the tracing info says it shipped on Aug. 31. Later on Sunday, Sep 15, I got the message said the shipping carrier, which is Pitney Bowes left me a attempt: "Delivery Attempt - UnDeliverable: Apartment or No Access or No Answer. Redirected to PUDO Location"

My problem is, the carrier never contact with me neither they did NOT leave any Delivery Attempt on my door or mail box, or even on apartment gate. I tried to contact with this Pitney Bowes and they do not have a costumer service for me to talk with. Their voice message just simply said that I should go back to talk with ebay and seller.

And I did so, I opened a case told them what happened, and a day after ebay said to me :

"The seller provided tracking information that shows the shipping carrier tried to deliver the item to your address. You can pick it up from the shipping carrier." Then they closed my case.

Now they just made me a closed loop: I cant contact with carrier, and they send me to ebay; then ebay believed that I can pick up my item from this carrier, but the carrier do not leave me any attempt so I have no way to know where to pick up my item, then in case I can not talk with carrier so that I have to talk with ebay again.

Do anyone know what should I do in this case? at least how I get my money back? many thanks.

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

My only suggestion is to open a case with PayPal, if that is how you paid.  They're very good at helping at least get your money back.

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

@angusz109_6 wrote:

... on Sunday, Sep 15, I got the message said the shipping carrier, which is Pitney Bowes left me a attempt: "Delivery Attempt - UnDeliverable: Apartment or No Access or No Answer. Redirected to PUDO Location"

Pitney Bowes manages the GSP, they do not make the actual delivery.

Did you try contacting PUDO?

Toll free number or email.

https://www.pudo.ca/en/Contact

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

On general principles, check your eBay and Paypal addresses to confirm that you have them correct and preferably matching.

Do you actually live in an apartment building?

Most GSP items are delivered by Canada Post, although we have seen complaints about CanPar and FedEx deliveries.  So try going to your local postal outlet and enquiring there.

In person. With photo ID. Canada Post won't hand your parcel over to just anyone.

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:
... Most GSP items are delivered by Canada Post, although ...

OP's message says "Redirected to PUDO Location" -- so not Canada Post.

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis 

When you look at that company’s website does it look to you as if they don’t actually deliver to the customers door but just to a drop off point?  

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

If you have questions about a shipment, call Pitney Bowes directly at 1-866-235-9627 Option 1 then option 2. They will ask for your GSP tracking number that begins with UPAA.

If you look on https://www.pudo.ca/en/map and enter your postal code it should list a convenience store near you where most likely you can pick up your package.

It sounds as though PBI is starting to use non standard couriers who iether are reshippers and enter garbage data or because they are not dealing directly with the customer are unable to contact. Either way PBI is starting to get out of line.

tyler@ebay This is now the second person who has posted regarding the latest courier choices of PBI. This seems to be a new trend. How many other customers jave been impacted and have not been on the forum? I would follow up with PBI on these situations before it gets too gar gone! For sure right now I am 100% NOT going with GSP anytime soon.

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

Here are some news.

I called PUDO, and their people said none of their location received my item. I have to say that PUDO costumer service is quite competent, we together check the tracking info. and they sure that their location did not get my item, thats means even the carrier posted "Redirected to PUDO Location", they did not really sent parcel to PUDO.

And after that, PUDO people called Apple Express through tracking info. . This AE seems is the shipping company which cooperating with Pitney Bowes, I called them earlier, and of course they said they can not really track the parcel then pushed me back to ebay. Anyway, PUDO phoned me back and said they sure that AE made mistake, and they ask them to contact with me in 72 hours. I hope they will do but actually I don't think this will happen.

And then, I called ebay. I told them what happened here, ebay people said they will contact shipping company and let them email me in 72 hrs.. ebay customer service promised to me that I will get my parcel, meanwhile I just smile politely at the other end of the phone...
At the same time, refused my case appeal :"We kept the original outcome of case"

In addition, I also called Pitney Bowes 1-866-235-9627 , the first question they asked me was
"where do you get this number?"
However, they said they have no information about my item. Then came with the old nonsense such as go talk to ebay etc. I even called UPUS, and they said they cant tracking parcel that already in Canada.

I spend half of my day today to make phone call, for just to know who kept my item and where I can go to pick up with. But still, my question did not get an answer. This day I even wonder if I live in the North American of the 21st century.

I hope that my experience will remind those who have illusions about ebay. And I want to know what if, I say if, someone from this shipping company who take my parcel from ebay, will I have nowhere to complain, but can only give out my item for free?

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

thanks but i paid by my visa card. please review my new reply.
Message 9 of 28
latest reply

thanks for advice, I called them and posted in my new reply, they do not know much more info about my parcel.
Message 10 of 28
latest reply

I checked with Canada post they said no. however I can not go all the shipping company around my apartment. unless I know which one kept my item. I post new info in the new reply
Message 11 of 28
latest reply

I wish their sites have something for me to look at, but actually both of PBI and AE website shows nothing useful.
Message 12 of 28
latest reply

Thanks for the information.
I called both of them today, and I posted what happened there in reply #8, please have a look, avoid GSP is definitely a wise choice. For me I will try to avoid shopping on ebay in the future.
Message 13 of 28
latest reply

I am sorry this happened to you.  It isn’t the norm although I have read about at least 1 other recent problem with Apple Express.  The gsp used to use Canada Post, I don’t know why they do not always use them.

Tyler, one of the eBay reps has been paged to this thread.  If he is unable to help, you could file a credit card chargeback with your credit card company.

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

I also live in Vancouver and had a similar experience this past week, the GSP tracking claimed the item was out for delivery and no attempt was made to contact me until today, when arriving home to my apartment I discovered a SPRINTSTAR.CA sticky note outside the door of my unit stuck to the carpet. It had the address of a convenience store some five kilometers away, scribbled in pencil. It was difficult to read, but I googled that address and came up with a contact telephone number, and low and behold they had my $30 shipment from the US with an APX  (Apple Express)  shipping label stuck on it. Sorry Apple Express, you guys get an instant FAIL rating, whoever you are. The online tracking was absolutely useless. I'm not sure why Pitney Bowes would choose such an oddball and unprofessional delivery system, especially since Canada Post has been working relatively well for so long, and has post office drop points everywhere.  Apparently another GSP bone-head corporate decision from PB. Never have this type of problem with any other online e-commerce site, only Ebay.  I'm avoiding making any further Ebay purchases through the global shipping program until it sorts itself out.

Message 15 of 28
latest reply

Keep in mind that the GSP is a freight forwarding process and is promoted to sellers as a Seller Protection.

It really offers nothing to Canadian buyers, with our miserable $20Cdn duty free allowance, since they MUST charge import fees and remit them to the Canadian government.

Seller s who use USPS/Canada Post have tracking through the  First Class International Package service which is almost all that GSP gives them, and CBSA ignores low value parcels coming across the border by mail, 93% of the time (their number!).

We are warned in Search when a seller is using GSP by the note Customs services and international tracking provided.

Avoid those offers.

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

"I'm not sure why Pitney Bowes would choose such an oddball and unprofessional delivery system, especially since Canada Post has been working relatively well for so long, and has post office drop points everywhere. Apparently another GSP bone-head corporate decision from PB."

I suspect the GSP's switch from Canada Post to other carriers as a lot to do with the US's threats to pull out of the Universal Postal Union.

Even though this crisis has apparently now been resolved, it may be a while until we see business as usual, depending on the agreement PitneyBowes has with Apple Express.
Message 17 of 28
latest reply

@marnotom! wrote:
"I'm not sure why Pitney Bowes would choose such an oddball and unprofessional delivery system, especially since Canada Post has been working relatively well for so long, and has post office drop points everywhere. Apparently another GSP bone-head corporate decision from PB."

I suspect the GSP's switch from Canada Post to other carriers as a lot to do with the US's threats to pull out of the Universal Postal Union.

Even though this crisis has apparently now been resolved, it may be a while until we see business as usual, depending on the agreement PitneyBowes has with Apple Express.

How would that affect it? The usps is not used from Kentucky to Canada so a courier or freight company delivery from Kentucky to Mississauga shouldn't be affected by the UPU agreement?

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:ess.

How would that affect it? The usps is not used from Kentucky to Canada so a courier or freight company delivery from Kentucky to Mississauga shouldn't be affected by the UPU agreement?

That did occur to me after I made that post, but after thinking about it a bit more, we really don't know for sure how items are transported from Kentucky to Canada as none of us has seen the Global Shipping Center in action.  Remember a year or so ago, there were a couple or more posts from eBayers living in Quebec who had had their GSP items pretty clearly forwarded through USPS.  In addition, some GSP shipments may be piggybacking on transport trucks contracted with USPS or mail consolidators with extra space.  

Or were, until PBI started monkeying around with things.

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

In my mind, as a buyer ordering anything using GSP one is believing that their item will be delivered to either their community mailbox, their door or "normal" nearest post office for pickup. To have it arrive at a convenience store that may not be entirely convenient that can only be determined by detective work, is not what a buyer is expecting.

-Lotz

Message 20 of 28
latest reply