Help!! ebay Global Shipping to Canada from US

I live in Vancouver Canada, I bought my item in 133 USD from ebay and the tracing info says it shipped on Aug. 31. Later on Sunday, Sep 15, I got the message said the shipping carrier, which is Pitney Bowes left me a attempt: "Delivery Attempt - UnDeliverable: Apartment or No Access or No Answer. Redirected to PUDO Location"

My problem is, the carrier never contact with me neither they did NOT leave any Delivery Attempt on my door or mail box, or even on apartment gate. I tried to contact with this Pitney Bowes and they do not have a costumer service for me to talk with. Their voice message just simply said that I should go back to talk with ebay and seller.

And I did so, I opened a case told them what happened, and a day after ebay said to me :

"The seller provided tracking information that shows the shipping carrier tried to deliver the item to your address. You can pick it up from the shipping carrier." Then they closed my case.

Now they just made me a closed loop: I cant contact with carrier, and they send me to ebay; then ebay believed that I can pick up my item from this carrier, but the carrier do not leave me any attempt so I have no way to know where to pick up my item, then in case I can not talk with carrier so that I have to talk with ebay again.

Do anyone know what should I do in this case? at least how I get my money back? many thanks.

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

I had a VERY similar thing happen to me this past week. My GSP package was listed as "delivered" via tracking when in fact the courier (Sprintstar) left a notice on my door directing me to a pick up location far away from my home. Upon attempting to pick it up I was told that they didn't have it. I spent a considerable amount of time on the phone with Apple Express (who subcontracted to Sprintstar) I was able to get them to email me an acknowledgment that the package was returned to sender in error. I forwarded it to eBay and after lengthy, lengthy back and forth I was finally able to get a refund. Although I would have preferred to just get the item I had paid for, it's something. Be persistent, take names and get whatever you can in writing and hopefully it will be sorted out. 

It STINKS that the onus to deal with this negligent carrier is put on buyers. I dearly hope that these incidents will lead to an assessment of who the GSP contracts through in future. 

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone – just a quick update on this.  We’ve heard your input and worked with our Global Shipping Program partners to make a few changes with the usage of Apple Express:

• We removed this carrier from four key markets (Calgary, Winnipeg, Edmonton and Vancouver) until we see improvement overall
  • A different carrier has been selected for delivery to postal codes that indicate apartment complexes – which was a much reported issue
  • We limited larger items with that carrier

Our goal is to make sure this service is meeting expectations. We will continue to monitor their performance and take action as necessary to prevent further issues. Thank you!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 22 of 28
latest reply

Shipping is probably the number one reason why Amazon is kicking ebays assets. I know it's why I use ebay less and less. Now I buy an item from Ohio, shipping to Ontario Canada, and it spent 3 days travelling to Kentucky and tracking just plain stops there.
Message 23 of 28
latest reply

What you are seeing is hub and spoke delivery.

Basically all the shipments (or airplanes - this is used a lot in that industry) go to a central spot, resorted and shipped out again.

The same system is used by FedEx, UPS, USPS, Canada Post, etc etc etc.

The tracking shows the last place the shipment was, not where the shipment is now.

Your seller used USPS (?) to ship to the GSP plant in Kentucky.

His responsibility for delivery ended there.

You should be getting a new tracking number that starts with UPxxxxxxxx

Or

@unison worked this out for buyers who have not yet received their GSP shipment.
TRACKING SYSTEM FOR GSP
I found this thread today while awaiting a shipment. Once I learned that Pitney Bowes was the relevant company, I was able to find my package's tracking info in about 10 seconds.

Step 1: Go to the Pitney Bowes Parcel Tracker page at https://parceltracking.pb.com/app/#/dashboard/

Step 2: Enter your eBay-supplied Global Tracking number (mine began with UPAA...)

Step 3: You will be shown limited tracking info. In my case, only up to the point the package left the USA and entered Canada.

Step 4: Click on the "Track on carrier's website" link at the top right.

Step 5: You will be provided with tracking on the page of the actual shipping company, in my case Canada Post, with a tracking number in THEIR system.

Problem solved! If only eBay would put a link to in their shiphttps://parceltracking.pb.com/app/#/dashboard/ping emails, this could all be avoided... 

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

I have had this problem for GSP deliveries that get handled by Apple Express (No 6 Rd, Richmond).  In one instance, I did get a delivery notice (poor information but was able to find the pickup address).  Went to Richmond warehouse, they could not find package.  Luckily, I spotted my package in a box full of packages they were randomly going though.  Second time, I did not get a delivery notice.  Went to AE in warehouse in Richmond.  They told me all recent packages (including mine) were returned to Pitney Bowes in Ottawa.  Never received package - tracking info just stops in Richmond with no mention of return to Ottawa.  Filed complaint to EBay.  They dismissed my complaint.  

Now, I await a third package that is showing a similar tracking pattern through GSP... any advice to ensure I receive it?

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

There were several complaints specifically about Apple Express this fall and I think tyler@ebay   weighed in.

When were the first two failed transactions?

What is today's status of the third?

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

Cannot do Step 4 as that link does not show up at the top right. See ?  Just a globe to choose Language.

track.jpg

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 28 of 28
latest reply