How to leave a bad feedback for Pitney Bows Global Shipping Service?

vidas_m
Community Member
Hi, How can I leave bad feedback for Pitney Bows Global Shipping Service? I do not want to punish Seller with 3stars instead of 5, as they shipped item same day, but Seller is using Pitney Bows for shipping and that company have my parcel for 4 days without any movement. So Seller shipped on time, but shipping service they choose is total **bleep** - how can I mark that? Also, is there a way to filter out Ebay search results so they would not even show in the future items that are shipped using Pitney Bows Global Shipping Service?
Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: How to leave a bad feedback for Pitney Bows Global Shipping Service?

If you have an issue with the Global Shipping Program, call ebay Customer Service to complain about it.

To avoid sellers in the USA and UK who use the Global Shipping Program (GSP) filter your search results at right to include Canada Only. 

Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 9.11.20 AM.png

Or look for the tell-tale sign of a GSP shipment when viewing your search results in list mode. 

Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 9.11.38 AM.png

Use the former or avoid the latter, and you won't have to worry about GSP anymore. 

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

>> If you have an issue with the Global Shipping Program, call ebay Customer Service to complain about it.

Calling EBay customer service does not leave a track of my experience - so other people will not be aware of the issues. I am sure that ebay already know about GSP issues, but they keep using this Pitney Bowes company. This was first and last time I used that service though.

>>> To avoid sellers in the USA and UK who use the Global Shipping Program (GSP) filter your search results at right to include Canada Only. 

That does not work as I am OK with buying items from sellers that do not use GSP. Few months ago I bought a phone from USA seller that was not using GSP and phone arrived in 2 days. I just do not want to see sellers that use GSP.

>>> Or look for the tell-tale sign of a GSP shipment when viewing your search results in list mode. 

Thanks, this is good tell-tale sign (when message "Customs service provided...") and I will use it for now. But I hope EBay could add proper filter for this.

Thanks again for your help!

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

Pitney Bowes is a well-established international company with fingers in plenty more pies than the Global Shipping Program. 

Other buyers may not have the same experience with delays as you so leaving a public negative comment on the GSP service will serve little to no purpose. If you want some measure of satisfaction, you'll have to call ebay Customer Service and complain about what you perceive to be a negative experience and poor experience.

You mention not wanting to leave 3 stars for the seller for DSRs for shipping but it is within your right to say in your Positive Feedback that all went well with the purchase but that you were disappointed with the GSP service that you received.

Still, that doesn't do anything other than make the seller in question look bad. There is no public way to complain about the Global Shipping Program other than to call them like you would if you were disappointed with the service you received from Canada Post. If your issue is with the service provider, you need to call the service provider.

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

Oh and you can be assured that ebay will never offer a filter to allow buyers to screen out the GSP. It's their program. 

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

@vidas_m wrote:
Hi, How can I leave bad feedback for Pitney Bows Global Shipping Service? I do not want to punish Seller with 3stars instead of 5, as they shipped item same day, but Seller is using Pitney Bows for shipping and that company have my parcel for 4 days without any movement. So Seller shipped on time, but shipping service they choose is total **bleep** - how can I mark that? Also, is there a way to filter out Ebay search results so they would not even show in the future items that are shipped using Pitney Bows Global Shipping Service?

When PB has your parcel it is also being processed like it would be when going through Canadian customs so that does take time and they probably do not process throughout the weekend.

It's also possible that your parcel has left but that the tracking hasn't been updated. Based on what I've read, that seems to be quite common with them.  I don't watch tracking unless it has been a couple of weeks and I am wondering where the package is as I find that less stressful.  I do realize that some buyers do want to watch every step of the way and unfortunately if you use global shipping, those steps are probably not going to be as fast as you would like.

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

@vidas_m wrote:

So Seller shipped on time, but shipping service they choose is total **bleep** . . .

There's a chance that the seller didn't even choose the Global Shipping Program.  If US sellers list their items on .com without international shipping options--and many do--eBay has the right to apply the Global Shipping Program to the listing so that the item is available to non-US buyers.

It's not so much a "shipping service" as it is a glorified forwarding service.

For what it's worth, I'm on Vancouver Island and I'm now seeing some listings with the GSP with delivery time estimates of up to 18 business days.  Does it appear as though your item isn't going to reach you within the time frame stated in the listing?

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

I'm thinking that given the time of year, there is a midsummer lull with their more experienced employees taking summer holidays and leaving the plant in the hands of new hires. Naturally, stuff won't be processed at the same speed, or if it is, not updated as fast as the receivers would like to see. 

I don't use the GSP myself anymore. Tried three times, had three items arrived damaged. That was enough for me. 

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

I don't use the GSP myself anymore. Tried three times, had three items arrived damaged. That was enough for me. 

As you probably know, I've only used it twice.  I haven't found many listings for things for which I'm looking where it makes sense to use it.  Electronics and automotive parts appear to be where the GSP works somewhat well.  I'd suggest extreme, extreme caution otherwise.

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

Pitney Bows for shipping and that company have my parcel for 4 days without any movement.

No.

The last place the shipment was posted was at the GSP plant.

Unless it fell behind a conveyor belt, it is still moving.

If you mean as of today, remember that most businesses have smaller staffs on weekends.

Today is Monday.

From over 30 years in mail order, I allow 20 days from payment for delivery from anywhere in North America.

What day did you pay?

If it was a week ago, (the 17th), eBay probably told you the arrival date would be around the 28th to 31st.

If you need something fast, don't buy it online.

And here is the boilerplate for finding out where your item is and which carrier it is with.

Another poster worked this out for buyers who have not yet received their GSP shipment.
TRACKING SYSTEM FOR GSP
It's not user friendly... But I found how to track your package via the global shipping program, once it gets to Canada you need to:
- Log on to eBay.ca
- Under the My eBay menu select Purchase History
- Under your orders find the specific order.  It should have something like the following:
        Estimated delivery Mon, Jan 11 - Thu, Jan 21
        Tracking number: Tracking number UPAAB000000#########
- Click on the UPA number.  This should open up a Shipment Details window, which should contain something like this:
     This shipment has been transferred to CPC for delivery to the final destination # 70351#########
-Click on the Canada Post number to see where the Canada Post Tracking history and expected delivery
 And there is this method too (originally posted by unison)
I found this thread today while awaiting a shipment. Once I learned that Pitney Bowes was the relevant company, I was able to find my package's tracking info in about 10 seconds.

Step 1: Go to the Pitney Bowes Parcel Tracker page at https://parceltracking.pb.com/app/#/dashboard/

Step 2: Enter your eBay-supplied Global Tracking number (mine began with UPAA...)

Step 3: You will be shown limited tracking info. In my case, only up to the point the package left the USA and entered Canada.

Step 4: Click on the "Track on carrier's website" link at the top right.

Step 5: You will be provided with tracking on the page of the actual shipping company, in my case Canada Post, with a tracking number in THEIR system.

Problem solved! If only eBay would put a link to https://parceltracking.pb.com/app/#/dashboard/ in their shipping emails, this could all be avoided...

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

>> Electronics and automotive parts appear to be where the GSP works somewhat well.

I actually ordered electronics (new cellphone) and I do not agree that GSP works with electronics. If PB would receive item and forward that to buyer within 24hrs - that would be OK. But clearly PB does not have enough manpower to do so.

My item was shipped Jul 18th and arrived at PB center (KY) on 20th early morning. There were no updates till this morning (July 24th) when suddenly backdated lines appeared - so now there is line with date of July 20th that says "Delay at the Global Shipping Center". This line was added just this morning (July 24th around 9am - I am 100% sure), so PB is not even honest with their status updates. So for 4 days item was sitting at PB center without any updates till they finally posted backdated "delayed" message.

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

>>If you need something fast, don't buy it online.

Over last 6 months I had well over 50 orders online. Most of the stuff I buy is online now 🙂 I completely do not agree with your statement that if you want something fast, don't buy it online.

My experience is that if you get free shipping, then it might take longer for item to arrive. But when I pay 15US$ for shipping, I usually get stuff in 2-4 business days. Last 3 cell phones I bought were delivered to me from USA in 2 days and each time I paid about 15US$ for delivery. I paid duty to Fedex or UPS on the spot during delivery - it was so fast and efficient.

So if you want fast shippment - buy online, just make sure you do not use shipping service that is known to be bad (Pitney Bows seems to be very inefficient here). I learned by lesson - I will avoid ebay for future purchases from USA.

And yes, PB held my parcel without movement for 4 days. They added today backdated line with date of July 20th and activity "Delay at the Global Shipping Center".

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

A general question-- how much detail do couriers like UPS give to recipients?

I avoid sellers who use couriers because of the sticker shock on the doorstep when duty, Sales Taxes, and high service/customs brokerage fees are levied, so I have no idea.

I'm a contrarian. I believe the less information the customer has, the happier she will be.

OP-

You paid on the 17th or 18th and today is the 24th, five business days later.

Unless you are in a remote location, like me on Vancouver Island, your phone should arrive by Wednesday, Friday at the latest.

And you won't have to pony up on the doorstep before you get the phone. That's already paid.

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

You don't need to avoid eBay for future purchases as you stated above but you may decide to avoid using sellers that ship via the Global Shipping Program. This is easily accomplished.
Message 14 of 30
latest reply

vidas_m
Community Member

Just noticed an email from EBay GSP :

We are writing to inform you that your GSP order is currently under review for potential prohibited items and may experience a delay of 3-5 business days.

I have a feeling that people who work at Pitney Bows Global Shipping area have absolutely no idea what they are doing. Cell phone was marked as "potential prohibited item"? Or are they just using this as an excuse for delaying shippment?

Message 15 of 30
latest reply

Sometimes batteries are a problem. Country of manufacturing may be a problem. There are a whole host of items prohibited by GSP for export plus another whole list of Items restricted or banned from import by the Canadian government.

In Canada, we are often spolied because our one-off imported mail order goods sail through Customs without inspection but a company whose whole job is logistics cannot look the other way when dealing with potentially banned items.

edit: Sorry for the multiple edits. Writing on a mobile device. 

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

Was it an Exploding Battery Samsung that you bought? 

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

I bought Samsung Galaxy S8+ - exactly this item from this seller:There is absolutely no way this item could be not allowed into Canada. I bought item that stated:

New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is applicable).

I just hope that they will not open this new box to "inspect" my phone.

Sorry, but I am just so frustrated...

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

You may need to call eBay about it. The phone you bought may very well be the problem.
Message 19 of 30
latest reply

@vidas_m wrote:

I actually ordered electronics (new cellphone) and I do not agree that GSP works with electronics. If PB would receive item and forward that to buyer within 24hrs - that would be OK. But clearly PB does not have enough manpower to do so.

Interesting.  That doesn't jive with my experiences with the two cellphones that I've purchased that were forwarded through the GSP.  The shipping cost was comparable to First Class International and both phones arrived before the cases I ordered for them from US sellers who weren't using the GSP.  (In fairness, one may have been dropshipped from Asia and routed through Europe.)  In addition, because I live in British Columbia, I only had to pay GST on the phones, not GST and PST.

I should add that both sellers seemed to know what they were doing and as a result probably provided enough information on the listing with which Pitney Bowes could work.  Many delays at Erlanger seem to be due to Pitney Bowes having to check the item for information it requires (particularly the item's country of origin) because the seller hasn't provided that info.

Having said that, the listing has a delivery time estimate on it.  If you were okay with the delivery time when you purchased the phone and it still arrives at your doorstep within that timeframe, is a delay of a few days something to get upset about?  That delay may have been factored into the delivery time estimate.

Message 20 of 30
latest reply