I don't know where to go but here - 700 CAD ebay order - maybe someone has advice?

hab-95
Community Member

hi

I ordered a "Kali Audio MM-6 6” Multimedia Speaker Pair" from ebay

Supplier name is ****

I only received a single speaker. I did not receive two speakers/pair of speakers.

I contacted seller **** and waiting for response

Ebay delivery closed the ticket I opened with them. They said according to them, the delivery is done.  But I only received one speaker! I don't even think they read my notes in the ticket. Just awful.

I saw driver deliver only one box to my home, from my window. It did not occur to me that there should have been a second box. I was working from home.

Please advice if someone who had similar experience. 

My gut feeling is that it got lost in delivery along the way.

But ebay does't give me contact number or even the name of the courier!

I'm looking for a phone number to contact ebay delivery in Ontario Canada but ebay doesn't even give me the name of the courier!

So many things ebay did wrong here.

I appreciate any advice. 

Thank you

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I don't know where to go but here - 700 CAD ebay order - maybe someone has advice?

marnotom!
Community Member

Did you receive one or two tracking numbers for your speakers? If I’m understanding your post correctly, you filed a Money Back Guarantee claim for an item not received, but as there was likely only one tracking number for the entire shipment, the tracking would have showed that a delivery was made and your claim would have been tossed out.

You should be filing a Money Back Guarantee claim for an item that was not as described in the listing. Don’t worry about all that stuff to do with the carrier.

Having said all that, how long has it been since you received the single speaker?  If it's only been a day or two, the second speaker may still be on its way.  Stuff can and does get separated in transit.  Is there anything on the box or label that the speaker was shipped in to indicate that it's "one of two"?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Just checked the seller’s listings and it looks as though the seller is selling both pairs of MM-6s and singles. There’s every possibility that the seller goofed up on this. How long have you been waiting for a response from them?
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@hab-95 wrote:

hi

I ordered a "Kali Audio MM-6 6” Multimedia Speaker Pair" from ebay

Supplier name is altomusic

I only received a single speaker. I did not receive two speakers/pair of speakers.

I contacted seller altomusic and waiting for response

Ebay delivery closed the ticket I opened with them. They said according to them, the delivery is done.  But I only received one speaker! I don't even think they read my notes in the ticket. Just awful.

I saw driver deliver only one box to my home, from my window. It did not occur to me that there should have been a second box. I was working from home.

Please advice if someone who had similar experience. 

My gut feeling is that it got lost in delivery along the way.

But ebay does't give me contact number or even the name of the courier!

I'm looking for a phone number to contact ebay delivery in Ontario Canada but ebay doesn't even give me the name of the courier!

So many things ebay did wrong here.

I appreciate any advice. 

Thank you

@hab-95 

Hopefully you still have the original packaging. I would hold on to that until things are figured out. If you check the shipping label the sellers phone number should be on the label. You may have better results that way. Was there a packing slip with the order. If there was 2 packages the boxes should have been labeled 1 of 2 / 2 of 2. It's a place to start. If the shipment arrived with ups you can enter the tracking number into their tracking system and it would be able to confirm if there was a 2nd package or not because they would be linked together. I am leaning with @marnotom! and the seller sent you a single vs a 2 pack.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

If you opened an item not received case you may have messed up. If tracking show you received your package. You basically stated in the system you received nothing, while you received something. I guess this is why you lost your case. It's a single order in the system, it's not splitted as you seems to think. 

You had to open an item not as described, received wrong item, or even missing parts case. 

Otherwise you still can fix that with the seller if he's honest. But i checked an he's a huge seller. I would not expected good customer service. He's also US. With 8000 items he probably got a lot of orders and did a mistake with your. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

The problem is that you opened the wrong sort of Claim.

Since "something" was delivered you lost the Not Received claim.

All is not lost.

You are covered by Paypal, if you used it, for 180 days from payment.

The Claim with PP is Not As Described.

The only problem is that PP requires the unhappy buyer to pay for the return of the unwanted item before refunding.

If you didn't use PP, but went directly with your credit card, you can open a chargeback with the card. While card policies differ, usually you have up to 180 days to open the Claim.

You probably cannot get the other speaker. You will have to be satisfied with the refund, and again only after paying for return shipping.

If you used a debit card or a gift card, you have no recourse. Those are like sending cash in the mail and should never be used online because they offer no Buyer Protection.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

As far as I know,  @hab-95 would still be able to open an "item not as described" case through eBay even though they've already got an unsuccessful "item not received" case under their belt, @reallynicestamps.  The reasoning being is that a late arriving item may also be one that doesn't match the listing description, but the buyer wouldn't know about it not matching the listing description until the item was received.

By the looks of things, the speaker(s?) was forwarded through eBay International Shipping.  (This is probably the "eBay Delivery" mentioned in the buyer's original post.)  This would be more reason to try to file the case through eBay before going through PayPal or other means.  As inefficient as this sounds, the buyer will probably have to send the lone speaker to an eBay International returns depot, get a full refund, and repurchase the pair from the seller if they're still interested in dealing with the seller.

@rocketscollectibles is correct about this seller being "big," at least by eBay standards.  The "seller" is actually a small chain of music stores in NY and they have a website for sales in addition to their brick and mortar operations.  The person who placed the listing is probably not the same person who handled the picking and shipping of the speakers and possibly misread the information they were given on them.

Having said that, I'm a bit confused about the sequence of events here.  Was the "item not received" case filed before the seller was contacted?  The seller should have been contacted first and given a few days to respond, and I'm not sure this is what happened.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I'm looking for a phone number to contact ebay delivery in Ontario Canada

@hab-95 

So your order was sent through eBay international shipping (EIS) from the US?  If your speakers were purchased together and sent through eBay shipping they needed to be sent in one package.  The EIS requires that all items purchased at the same thing must be shipped in 1 package.  The seller may have sent only 1 or they sent 2 and the other one was lost but either way you will not receive another one. But you can open a return as others have suggested using the reason that the item was not as described or wasn't complete.  You will likely have to send the one item back to receive the refund as eBay won't do a partial refund.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply