I have received item after being refunded, but in the meantime I re-ordered it from another vendor

I have ordered an item on July 12th 2017. It did not arrive before September 6th. I went through

the ebay channel of notice and I was advised to wait another week.

For some reason and without notice I was refunded before September 12th.

The refund appeared immediately on my PayPal account.

The next day I have placed the same order to another vendor.

On September 15th the initial package arrived.

I want to buy half of the items at the listed price and send back the other half.

Have anybody had a similar experience?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I have received item after being refunded, but in the meantime I re-ordered it from another vendor

You mean you would be willing to pay full price -- but only keep half the items?

Or you want to buy half the items at half the price?

Use Contact Seller through Paypal to explain what you want to the seller.

You can return the refund (or pay for the new transaction) by using PPs Send Money service.

The sticking point would be the cost of returning the unwanted items - who will be paying for that?

I'd suggest just paying for what you received, at the price you agreed, and then A New Adventure! , list the items you don't want on eBay for sale.

You can ask the seller if you can use her pictures as part of the deal, if you are not sure how to do it yourself. She doesn't have to agree.

Politely.-- Captain Malcolm Reynolds.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thank you for answering.

I want to buy half of the items at the current listed price  and send the rest back.

That is because I have already placed another order and I think I will not need

that much of quantity.

Remember, the items arrived after the limit date. This is why I had a refund.

By the way, what happens with the items received after the due date,

refunding if you no longer need them?.

Is there a way to get an ebay sanctioned response to the forum questions?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

This is strictly a matter between you and the seller.  There is no mechanism through eBay to accomplish what you wish to do here, so I'm not sure what an "eBay sanctioned" response would accomplish.

What we're looking at here amounts to a "buyer's remorse" return, despite the fact that your items arrived after the estimated delivery date.  (Remember, estimates aren't always bang-on, particularly for items from China.)  You're technically on the hook for the return shipping cost, unless you can work something else out with the seller.

It's likely that return shipping for your items would cost more than what the seller charged you, which was probably nothing or next to nothing.  I echo Femmefan's advice that you may be further ahead selling these extra items yourself.  (It doesn't have to be on eBay, of course.)

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

It will be cheaper to keep everything you receive than to return the parts you don't need.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Sell or donate the surplus.

And ethically, you should pay for the items you did get as you already intend to do.

The forums are member to member.

The posters are experienced busybodies members who have seen it before.

I've been on eBay since 1998.

There is customer service.

The US office is manned by minimum wage clerks in Utah who work from a handbook and have difficulty with concepts like"Canada'.

The Philippine office is a plum job and the workers fairly often speak reasonably good English but they also work from a handbook.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply