I never received a presale item

heavca5
Community Member

I never received a presale item and the seller is not a registered user anymore. I want a refund. Please help!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Pre-orders always make me nervous for this very reason. I try to avoid them unless it's a long time, reliable seller I've bought from before.

I think there's a rule here that pre-sales have to be shipped within 30 days(?). Did the seller ever mark it as shipped? If so when? You may be able to open an item not received claim with eBay directly if they marked it as shipped (as many pre-order sellers do) even if the seller is gone, eBay guarantees you get your item or are refunded, they should stand behind their guarantee. But I'm not sure how long it has been, that may be where you run into a problem. However if you paid through PayPal you could open a claim there (I think they allow for 180 days) or through your credit card possibly.

Others on the board here will have more insight than me but would be helpful if we know the timeline.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

How did you pay?

Remember that if you use Paypal to process and anonymize your payments, you have 180 days from Payment to open a Not Received claim with PP.

If the seller does not promptly refund you, PP will and go after them for the money.

I believe ApplePay and GooglePay have the same policy.

If you paid directly with your credit card, go to the 1-800 number on the card or your monthly invoice and enquire about a chargeback.

Card policies differ, but most allow between 120 and 180 days from payment for chargebacks.

But do start with eBay, then to PP/AP/GP , then to the card, because the system is set up to prevent double dipping and that order of claims is part of the system.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

1 min article

Presale policy

Presale listings must clearly state that they are “presale” in the title and description, and guarantee shipment within 30 days of purchase.

In order to protect buyer and seller guarantees, presale listings must follow eBay policy, including listing the date the item will be available to ship.

What is the policy?

• Presale listings must guarantee that the item will be shipped within 30 days of purchase
  • The date the item will be available to ship must be clearly stated in the listing
  • Listings must clearly indicate in the title and description that the item is being offered for presale
  • Handling time details should include the time it will take the seller to acquire the item, in addition to the time it will take the seller to deliver the package to the shipping carrier

Activity that doesn't follow eBay policy could result in a range of actions including for example: administratively ending or cancelling listings, hiding or demoting all listings from search results, lowering seller rating, buying or selling restrictions, and account suspension. All fees paid or payable in relation to listings or accounts on which we take any action will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/policies/listing-policies/presale-policy?id=4252&st=3&pos=1&query=Presale%2...

I have never purchase a pre sale anything on eBay in over 20 years, this is the reason why, buyer BeAware!!!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply