Unfortunately Canadians can't purchase from China

bilcha_5
Community Member

At first I blamed the seller but after ordering 6 items from different sellers and receiving only one I discovered it is probably Canada Post fault or Canada Customs, they just don't care. No way around it that I can see. So is there some way when I'm browsing Ebay to filter out China sellers. Probably no way for me to find good deals then.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your subject doesn't make sense.  Who said "unfortunately Canadian can't purchase from China"???  I got 3 cake pans, and other stuffs this week after nearly 2 months.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

agree... total the opposite.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

I have ordered from China to Canada plenty of times recently. I have received most of it, but one I haven't.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Canada Post and Canada Customs do care, just not about your Chinese mail order.

They are trying to save people from dying of illegally exported and imported drugs, the severity of which exceeds the inconvenience of having your order of knock-off discount triple A batteries (or whatever) delayed. 

Big picture: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/investigations/a-killer-high-how-canada-got-addicted-tofentanyl...

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Canada Only Yes you can filter out Chinese Sellers.

After you type in your item search keywords just tick the box on the left side of your screen that says "Canada Only"

This will help your fellow Canadians to make a living.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

It also helps to learn how to spot Chinese listings.

It is not unusual to find a seller who appears to be in Australia or UK or Germany who actually ships from China.

Reading the listing may help, since the writer of the description may have a distinct 'accented' turn of phrase.

Watch to see where the seller is shipping from. And mistrust 'free shipping' claims from overseas sellers, because only China has low enough postal rates for that.

Dropshippers may be anywhere in the world, but their suppliers may well be in China*. The trick here is to watch for many identical listings from several different resellers.

Ask before buying where the item will be shipped from. If you don't get an answer, don't buy.

*However, some Chinese manufacturers DO stock their items in US warehouses. These sellers are able to delivery promptly.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Gee, so why are so many Canadians demanding illegal drugs? So much so they will buy it all the way from China.  What is happening to Canadians? 

Thanks to the others for tips for navigating Ebay.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

The people importing fentanyl are not ebay shoppers, they are involved in outlaw gangs, and the reason they are importing it from China is because until very recently, it was legal to produce in China for export. 

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

ay656
Community Member

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Interesting article..

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/delayed-delivery-canada-post-says-you-get-what-you-pay-for-1.3446303

They'd better be concerned with shipping costs from Canada being twice as much as similar shipping costs from the US.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Not always

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

https://postcalc.usps.com/?country=10440

It can be cheaper to ship from Canada to the USA than to ship across our own country, depending on the service chosen. Speed and tracking are the two biggest factors in price.

But shipping from the USA to Canada or overseas, not as easy to compare.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Wrong direction. But it is impossible to match outgoing shipment prices to incoming prices from china. Canada wishes to destroy online purchasing of canadian product. To ship back a defective product the Canadian price from any shipper was 4 times the price of the product itself when it was first shipped to me from another country. Canada post is unaffordable and plainly designed to kill business.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

If the product was defective the seller should pay for return shipping. If they don't to do that than they should refund you in full.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Thread is from  2017

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue discussing this topic.

Thanks for your understanding!

Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 16 of 16
latest reply