I ordered an item from 3 sellers and not one of them came!

I needed an item, it was time sensitive so I ordered from 3 different sellers, one in Hong Kong, one in Malaysia and one in the Philippines, all on May 12 (It wasn't available locally) Anyways, not a single one of them has showed up! It's not uncommon for them to take 2 months to arrive due to Economy Int'l Postage. So here I am being a very patient buyer, only to find out the following.

• After 60+ days items are hidden from your purchase history making it easy to forget about them, and we all know packages take longer then 60 days to arrive from Asia....
  • I can no longer file a claim for 2 out of the 3 as the expected date for the other two was less than 30 days. Because you know it doesn't take more then 30 days to ship a package in a bottle (Economy Int'l Postage) from Malaysia right? 😛
  • I can no longer LEAVE FEEDBACK! (The item number and item does exist!)
    Here's why:
    Item 231567666416 was not found because:
    This item number does not exist
    Or you have already left feedback.
    Is it just me or is ebay trying to screw us over?
    It seems like every time I turn around I'm being bent over the auction table.

Just today I was on the phone because they removed a listing and I was no longer allowed to leave feedback and the item was not as described. I worked that one out, but it's a terrible system and way to treat your buyers and protects sellers from negative feedback.

Oh, did I mention I have 100% perfect feedback, but because I refunded buyers that didn't ask for refunds when they failed to read my auctions listing (screwing me and other bidders over in the process) my seller rating dropped to below standard and will NEVER improve unless I SELL things INTERNATIONALLY AND they actually leave some positive FEEDBACK...cause you know how often that happens....seriously ebay, you should FORCE FEEDBACK!

I need to get off this site as both a buyer and a seller.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You have 180 days from time of purchase to file an INR claim on PayPal.

eBay's feedback has always been set at 60 days -- in part because of the way they have their system structured -- built back in the days when computer storage was expensive and when most mail arrived under 8 weeks.

eBay could (and should) extend feedback to 90 days without too much effort (their current time frame when online details of a listing disappears). No point beyond that since the transaction details are summary only after that.

eBay should NEVER EVER force feedback -- sellers will then start getting feedback from really annoyed buyers at being forced to leave feedback -- then you can watch seller ratings plummet.

As to your seller rating problems:

Sega Genesis Game Console 4-Port USB HUB, NEW IN BOX! (Not actual game system!)

is a listing title just asking for buyer confusion.

A better title:

4-Port USB HUB, NEW IN BOX - designed to look like a Sega Genesis Game Console

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

After 60+ days items are hidden from your purchase history

They are on your Paypal history indefinitely.

I can no longer file a claim for 2 out of the 3 as the expected date for the other two was less than 30 days.

You can file an Item Not Received Dispute on Paypal for 180 days from PAYMENT

If your sellers cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

I can no longer LEAVE FEEDBACK!

Feedback has no effect on a Seller's Account.

It does have an effect on the few future buyers who read it. Most buyers thing 95% FB is a "A".

But the basic problem--

it was time sensitive so I ordered

If it is time sensitive, order from North America or Europe.

You will pay more, but it will arrive faster.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply