I was cheated by the seller and closed the case, now I can't get a refund

yuantinm_0
Community Member

I bought a fake hoodie and asked to return it. The seller admitted in the chat that he was selling a fake, but he asked me to open a new case and change the description. The seller doesn't want me to claim he knew I was selling a fake and sold it as the real thing. The seller said he knew nothing about fakes and I agreed. Then I closed the case and wanted to reopen a case, but I couldn't open a new case. I don't know if the seller deliberately lied to me like this. Next, I went to the customer service. The customer service confirmed through the chat history that the seller had asked me to close the case, but the customer service said that they could not take the initiative to reopen the case. They could just let me communicate with the seller and ask the seller to return the product voluntarily. But the seller didn't take the initiative to refund, opened eBay's email, and didn't take the initiative to find customer service, but only verbally promised to return the product. I'm wondering what I should do now. I feel like he's been lying to me, just trying to stall, thanks.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Others could confirm but i think you may got played. By closing the case you basically did the statement the issue was solved. And you can't come back on that statement. I think it's done with eBay protection

You may still could do a claim on paypal or a chargeback with your credit card for an item not as described

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You can still get a refund through Paypal if you used that, or through your credit card.

With PP you will have to pay for return shipping if the seller demands it.

Credit card policies differ. The 1-800 number is on the back of your card or on your monthly invoice.

You have up to 180 days from payment (not arrival) to file your claim with these payment processors. But the sooner the better.

YOu have 60 days from purchase to leave feedback.

The most effective feedback is calm and factual.

"Seller agrees hoodie is counterfeit. Told me to close my case. I foolishly did. Went to (PP/cc) and got refund."

If you used a gift card or a debit card your money is gone.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply