Is it possible to sue eBay in small claim court?

jlch_9
Community Member

Long story short, I have a recent order that involves Global Shipping Program. The seller refunded the order because it was out of stock, but the Global Shipping Program fees, including shipping, and customs charges were not refunded. I filled an "item not received" case and thought it was a straightforward one. But eBay closed that case and claim they won't refund anything they charged for GSP. Requesting a call from eBay won't help - they said they would open an appeal, but in the following up email they said they will keep the decision.

I am thinking of suing eBay in a small claim court. The situation is simple and easy to prove - I paid for a service from eBay, I didn't receive the service, and eBay refuses to refund. Has anyone done that before? I am located in BC. Do I have to submit the small claim case to Ontario, or do I have to do it in BC?

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

wpgbob
Community Member

The global shipping program is borderline fraud. It is very close to tied selling. I have been using ebay for over 20 years now but i am moving away. I paid $140usd to ship a parcel from Califotrnia to Winnipeg, Manitoba whic has been sitting in a "hub" for the past 7 days. 

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

The Global Shipping Program is being phased out and replaced by a new service simply called, “eBay International Shipping.”
Message 22 of 23
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue discussing this topic.

Thanks for your understanding!

Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 23 of 23
latest reply