Item is unusable and dangerous

It's my second post , sorry I have two problems and I didn't know if I should make two separate posts.

My brother has a degenerative disease with dementia. I need to retrain him while I change his diapers because he hates it and he can hit me. I bought a pair of "medical" restraints and it said they shipped from China but it took only a couple of days.

They are dangerous because of the position of the Velcro , they also aren't strong enough to hold from more than a few minutes. My brother had them on for like 2 minutes with the sleeve made for restraints and the Velcro ripped some of his skin off. They are also awfully built so they would last a week if they were not dangerous. 
The seller will not refund or exchange , is there something I can do to get my money back? I tried calling Ebay but no matter what I say it tells me to check online. How do I speak with customer service ? Last time I had an issue it was easy to call c.s.

I was going to include a picture of what happened but it's probably not appropriate. 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Item is unusable and dangerous

@catduff33 

A refund is not up to the seller.

You are covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

Go to your original purchase and look for the Return  button.

My eBAy-> Purchase History-> Return-> Item is Defective

This is all automatic and no human beings are involved to mess things up.

If the seller does not send you return shipping (as a label or as funds) you will be refunded.You can leave feedback. 

If the seller sends you return shipping, you send it back and on delivery, you will be refunded.You can leave feedback. 

If the seller refuses to refund, eBay will refund you and he gets a Defect on his selling account. This is much more serious than it sounds.  You can leave feedback.

The most effective feedback is calm and factual.

You are also covered by Paypal's Buyer Protection for 180 days from payment.

You are also covered by the chargeback policy of your credit card (if you didn't use PP, or if you back your PP account with a card). Card policies differ.

I would suggest that you buy restraints from a local medical supply house.  Here in Victoria BC, Rexall Drugs has one.
Best wishes for your brother's safety.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply