Item stuck at ebay shipping hub Carol Stream Illinois

pccoin
Community Member
Hello. I am in Canada and purchased item from US seller in mid-March. According to tracking, it got to the ebay shipping hub. Now two weeks passed and It STILL is there!! No change in status. I cannot reach anyone on ebay in person. Always directed to autom
ated self help! What can I do? This is not the first time. Is there a problem at this hub? Some losses or thefts going on??
Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Item stuck at ebay shipping hub Carol Stream Illinois

and the item has been stuck at Chicago Glendale Heights for 15 days, this sounds normal for this hub?

Man bites dog is a headline.

We see the problems, though not all of them, not the successes.

The main message is DON'T WATCH TRACKING.

Do mark the last day for delivery - and remember there is a window of four or five days- the last day on your calendar.

If the shipment has not arrived by then, it would be a courtesy to notify the seller, although it is neither their fault nor their responsibility.  It may give them something to consider when they set up their shipping services in future.

Giving an extra day or two, especially over a weekend, is fine, but two weeks overdue would be a problem since you have only 30 days for a Claim after the last estimated date for delivery passes.

The seller will not be penalized if they used eIS/GSP and that service fails to deliver on time. You on the other hand will be refunded.  There is no mechanism for returning a late delivery or for refunding a refund.

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

and the item has been stuck at Chicago Glendale Heights for 15 days, this sounds normal for this hub?

Man bites dog is a headline.

We see the problems, though not all of them, not the successes.

The main message is DON'T WATCH TRACKING.

Do mark the last day for delivery - and remember there is a window of four or five days- the last day on your calendar.

If the shipment has not arrived by then, it would be a courtesy to notify the seller, although it is neither their fault nor their responsibility.  It may give them something to consider when they set up their shipping services in future.

Giving an extra day or two, especially over a weekend, is fine, but two weeks overdue would be a problem since you have only 30 days for a Claim after the last estimated date for delivery passes.

The seller will not be penalized if they used eIS/GSP and that service fails to deliver on time. You on the other hand will be refunded.  There is no mechanism for returning a late delivery or for refunding a refund.

There have been a rotation of posts on the dot com board regarding eIS and stuff stopping in its tracks. It looks like they are testing an assortmen of other couriers once parcels have been processed without understanding that they all may not work perfectly when the goods eventually arrive across the border in Canada. One recent discussion below. Had never heard of eVri who hands off to ParcelABC. It sounds this is what is causing much of the frustrations with anything eIS for Canadian buyers. No idea who the end of line delivery service is. (That includes for any customs charges and delivery.)

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/Anyone-Have-problems-with-items-leaving-the-eIS-hub/m-p/34391...

-Lotz

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

For what it’s worth, I’m now wondering if the warehouse and/or hub are unintentionally operating on a “first in, last out” system as new additions to the package collection are stacked in front of ones that have been waiting for a while.

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

Last estimated date for delivery was April 15. Worse case if it doesn't come this week. Would it hurt to wait until the end of next week? If I don't see any updates next week, will it be an issue if I initiate an INR on April 26?

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

I wouldn't wait past Friday of this week.

That's allowing an extra four days for delivery.

The 26th is generous.

I would politely let the seller know what is happening. They are not responsible for delivery once the shipment is accepted by eIS, but it is useful for their future planning.

Message 25 of 25
latest reply