Item stuck at ebay shipping hub Carol Stream Illinois

pccoin
Community Member
Hello. I am in Canada and purchased item from US seller in mid-March. According to tracking, it got to the ebay shipping hub. Now two weeks passed and It STILL is there!! No change in status. I cannot reach anyone on ebay in person. Always directed to autom
ated self help! What can I do? This is not the first time. Is there a problem at this hub? Some losses or thefts going on??
Message 1 of 25
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

marnotom!
Community Member

Looking at the two versions of the tracking events, it looks as though your item was checked into the Glendale Heights hub processing system on Thursday.  Prior to that, it was accepted and warehoused and prior to that it was processed by the USPS sorting facility in Carol Stream which has nothing to do with the eBay International Shipping system.

Things seem to be unfolding for your item in the same manner as mine except it's taking longer to go through those stages.  Perhaps it will go through the next stages faster than mine did, maybe it won't.  It is what it is.

Just out of curiosity, did you pay taxes for the item at Checkout?  That's supposed to cut down on the estimated delivery time by a couple of days.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

marnotom!
Community Member

Tracking isn't real-time.  It tells you where your item has been, not necessarily where it is right now.  Your item may have moved on from the hub but for whatever reason, the scan information hasn't been transmitted to the eBay system.

If the last day of estimated delivery hasn't passed yet, you're worrying about your item needlessly as you really can't do anything about your shipment at this point.  Nobody is able to launch a search and rescue mission for your item.

If the last day of estimated delivery has passed, then, yes, you probably have a problem and should file for a refund.  Since you say this isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened, I'm wondering if you're purchasing merchandise that the eBay International Shipping system can't forward out of the United States, or perhaps your sellers are using words in the item description or item specifics that are triggering red flags when the items get inspected at the hub.

I don't generally start tracking my items until pretty close to the estimated delivery date window as it doesn't really matter where my item is going or what's happening to it until that point in time.  However, I do find the Parcelsapp website quite handy for looking up eIS-forwarded items as it's usually pretty good about pulling together information from the three (or more) carriers involved in getting the item out to the hub and then to Canada.  You may want to check the tracking there to see if there's information that's not getting transmitted to eBay.

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

For reference today is Saturday April 6th.

March 29 was Good Friday and April 1 was Easter Monday.

If you bought on the 15th ("mid-March"), there have been two regular weekends and one long weekend since your purchase.

Or about 13 business days.

What day did it actually arrive at the hub?

There are no reports of losses or thefts at the hub. Or at USPS or at Canada Post.

What can I do? This is not the first time.

Don't watch tracking.

What is the last estimated date for delivery that eBay gave you?
Has that date passed?

Mark it on your calendar and don't watch tracking.

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

For reference today is Saturday April 6th.

March 29 was Good Friday and April 1 was Easter Monday.

If you bought on the 15th ("mid-March"), there have been two regular weekends and one long weekend since your purchase.

Or about 13 business days.

What day did it actually arrive at the hub?

There are no reports of losses or thefts at the hub. Or at USPS or at Canada Post.

What can I do? This is not the first time.

Don't watch tracking.

What is the last estimated date for delivery that eBay gave you?
Has that date passed?

Mark it on your calendar and don't watch tracking.

Not sure if it is worth anything but the PB plant in Carol stream does run 7 days a week. Holidays may be a consideration but weekends maybe not so much or an actual excuse.

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1712431651350.png

USPS states the following:

Regional Distribution centers work all days and all night on those days. Mail processing is a continuous thing. Those buildings are always staffed and working. New mail is generally processed starting mid-afternoon to midnight and then processing mail for delivery today takes over.

In theory the only things that can impede the mail/parcels from being processed are weather, mechanical issues, and customs for international items + ummm wars. (Guess you have to throw in union disruptions when applicable.)

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Well its now more than 2 weeks since item arrived at Shipping hub in Carol Stream. (Illlinois) From March 25 tracking is still at "arrived at Shipping Hub" . It cant be that there is such a backlog of parcels. Either there is a disconnect in ebay international shipping prog. between Canada and US .. Or some suspicious activity going on.
Message 5 of 25
latest reply

@pccoin wrote:

Well its now more than 2 weeks since item arrived at Shipping hub in Carol Stream. (Illlinois) From March 25 tracking is still at "arrived at Shipping Hub" . It cant be that there is such a backlog of parcels. Either there is a disconnect in ebay international shipping prog. between Canada and US .. Or some suspicious activity going on.

Is your item late at this point or still within the estimated delivery window?  If it's not late, checking on the tracking twice daily isn't going to make it speed up.

If it's close to the first estimated date of delivery, checking the Parcelsapp site may be of use.  You didn't say in your last post whether or not you're getting your tracking information from there.  Even if the tracking information is the same as what it says in the eBay order details, there should be information about the additional tracking numbers that have or will be assigned to the item.  

Something to keep in mind is that if your item is going to be handled by the postal system, the next place your item will likely be going is the Chicago USPS International Sort Center.  As the Chicago ISC has a pretty bad reputation for backlogs and delays, that may be where you're seeing problems although in fairness my two eIS-forwarded items didn't seem to take especially long to go through there.  Mind you, this was a while ago.

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Not sure if it is worth anything but the PB plant in Carol stream does run 7 days a week. Holidays may be a consideration but weekends maybe not so much or an actual excuse.

My last eIS-forwarded item was directed to a hub in Glendale Heights after being processed by USPS in Carol Stream.  There's a scan event stating that delivery was "rescheduled" from a Sunday, probably because USPS doesn't make deliveries on Sundays.

marnotom_0-1707344511712.jpeg

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

Did the listing say that it was going to be sent by eBay international shipping (EIS) or did it say USPS?

The reason that I ask is that the EIS hub is in Glendale Heights, IL.  Carol Stream is the usps shipping hub that it arrives in before it goes to the EIS hub but I think that there might be a hub in CS for another eBay program, eBay international standard delivery (EISD).   

Whichever program was used you can file an item not received claim after the estimated delivery date but I'm curious as to which program it is as yours isn't the first parcel that has seemed to disappear at Carol Stream.  Does your tracking numbers show letters or just numbers?  If the first 4 are letters, what letters are they?

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

@marnotom! wrote:

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

My last eIS-forwarded item was directed to a hub in Glendale Heights after being processed by USPS in Carol Stream.  There's a scan event stating that delivery was "rescheduled" from a Sunday, probably because USPS doesn't make deliveries on Sundays.

marnotom_0-1707344511712.jpeg

The assorted processes still happen on the weekend during a parcels route. It's possible employee that goes by the name of "Individual" doesn't work weekends. Those days still count along the way. Well maybe not for Canadian shipments but that's another story.

Sat, Apr 6
3:01pm
Processed Through USPS Facility
ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)

-Lotz

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

The first 4 letters are numbers in tracking#. they are from USPS.  

_ebaytrack.jpg

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Last  delivery date  is April 10 - close. I will keep waiting past that date for a week or so but its too long .. 🙂

Here's  parcelapp's tracking info: 

_PARCELSAPP.jpg

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

Looking at the two versions of the tracking events, it looks as though your item was checked into the Glendale Heights hub processing system on Thursday.  Prior to that, it was accepted and warehoused and prior to that it was processed by the USPS sorting facility in Carol Stream which has nothing to do with the eBay International Shipping system.

Things seem to be unfolding for your item in the same manner as mine except it's taking longer to go through those stages.  Perhaps it will go through the next stages faster than mine did, maybe it won't.  It is what it is.

Just out of curiosity, did you pay taxes for the item at Checkout?  That's supposed to cut down on the estimated delivery time by a couple of days.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Mailed by your seller on March 20th.

Later than mid-month.

Got to the Hub on March 25th.

Your complaint here was on April 4th.

Twelve days, not two weeks, later.

And you called April 7th two weeks which is  accurate, although it is unlikely that there would be a delivery on a Sunday.

Last estimated delivery date is April 10th.

It has been on its way for 20 days, which is normal in my 30+ years in mail order.

Don't watch tracking.

Just mark the last estimated date for arrival on your calendar.

There is no need to do anything until it is actually late.

If you need something fast, don't buy through mail order.

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

ledisme
Community Member
This happened to me also. It sat there at that hub for over 2 weeks. Then suddenly started moving. No idea why so long. I thought that it was stuck there. But it did suddenly start moving again. Don't stare at the eBay tracking thing too much, I rarely find it accurate.
Message 14 of 25
latest reply

So the good news is  that item now got moving through Glendale Heights hub and then on to Asendia US > Canadian customs and carrier.  It took just too long at the  Shipping hub to inspect/process item!

Thanks all.

Message 15 of 25
latest reply

Yes there was a tax  at checkout on top of shipping fees.

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

@pccoin wrote:

Yes there was a tax  at checkout on top of shipping fees.

Okay, good.  Perhaps it will go through customs in Canada a bit faster because of that.  Any idea who's going to be handling the shipment once it's in Canada?  Parcelsapp should give that information, @pccoin.

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

Hoping you can help me! My item has been stuck at the Glendale Heights hub since April 1st. Last estimated delivery date was yesterday. Should I be worried or just be patient like you? Did you receive your package yet?

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

Since it is past the estimated delivery date you have the option of opening an item not received claim or of waiting a while longer to see if it leaves the hub. If you really want the item, you should wait a while longer as it should get delivered once it leaves the hub.  The wait times in the hub are definitely taking much longer than they should but in most cases, the package does get delivered. If it doesn't, make sure you open a claim within 30 days after the estimated delivery date.

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

I really do want this item, been building anticipation for this item for a while now. I can be patient and wait another week or two. So even though its past the delivery date and the item has been stuck at Chicago Glendale Heights for 15 days, this sounds normal for this hub? Has there been other examples or instances where an item gets stuck at a hub for over 15 days then all of the sudden gets moving and delivered? My mind is thinking of the worse possible outcome now, its very frustrating. If I don't get this item delivered, that would be devastating.

Message 20 of 25
latest reply