Most ridiculous order

xkbr6919
Community Member

Most ridiculous order, I ordered from Christmas 2022 for $145.03 and still (April 2023) haven't received it, I can't even process a return on Ebay, the seller has disappeared! I can't even contact the seller because the order was only available for 60 days when I requested the return and I can't contact the seller because the transaction number provided by the seller is invalid, how should I get a refund? It's horrible! Please contact me! 

--

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Most ridiculous order

marnotom!
Community Member
That code below the order number(?) looks like a tracking number. I looked it up on parcelsapp.com and the information associated with that tracking number is pretty interesting. Did it actually end up going to your city or is that tracking number bogus?
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Most ridiculous order

You only have 30 days from delivery OR last estimated date for delivery to make a Claim with eBay.

If you used Paypal to process your payment, you have 180 days from Payment to make a  Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery, PP will refund you or force the seller to refund you. (They have access to his financials.)

Ifyou did not use PP as a processor, you can start a chargeback with the credit card you used to pay. The customer service number is on the card or on your monthly statement.  While card policies differ you likely have from 90 days to 180 days from payment to make a chargeback claim.

Ask the mods to remove your email address from your post. That's not a good idea. Keep all your messaging within the eBay Message system.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Most ridiculous order

The tracking seems legit. Did you keep an eye on tracking?

According to the tracking from Canada Post, your item has signiture required. It arrived in Canada Feb 1 at Richmond BC and was out for delivery at Charlottetown PEI Feb 9. A card was left at the door telling you to pick up at the West Royalty Post Office

Do you live in Charlottetown? Did you recieve the card? Is that post office close to you?

Feb 15 final notice was given telling you that you have 15 days to pick up the item or it will be returned to sender. Last uptade was today telling that the item is on its way back to sender. 

I would have opened an Item not recieved claim arounf Feb 9. Since its an international shipment, that would have been well within the window to open a case.

Even if you did I don't think you would have won. Tracking shows delivery was attempted which would automatically close the case in the seller's favor. 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Most ridiculous order

And it gets worse.

Because the parcel was not picked up, eBay now considers it Undeliverable .

And Undeliverable purchases are not required to be refunded under the Money Back Guarantee.

So at this point you will have to go the Paypal/ chargeback route.

Also, drop into your PO and ask about not seeing the Delivery Notice.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Most ridiculous order

I know my post office has changed their delivery notices. They used to put a sticker on a large card made of cardstock. It was easy to spot. Now they just include a tiny piece of paper that can easily get lost in the flyers.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Most ridiculous order

How odd.

The Canada Post notices I have received over decades don't match either description, in two different provinces.

The notice would be a flimsy, with a very light card part at the top.The rest of light card , the carbon copy, was then taken with the package to the PO.

The notice was not all that small, either, about 12cm x8cm.

It could blow away if not placed in an actual box or through the doorslot.

Is your Postmaster making up her own system?

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Most ridiculous order

@reallynicestamps wrote:

No clue. If other places do that too though, I can very easily see people missing the notices. It doesn't hurt to go through the shipping once a week and just checking to make sure everything has been delivered as expected.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Most ridiculous order

Most times we're told not to drive ourselves crazy following tracking but this sounds like a case where checking in on the tracking periodically would have maybe caught it in time to do something about it.

I've always received delivery notice postcards in my mailbox and they are approximately postcard size here in Ontario anyways. But then again I'm also one of those people who DOES keep peeking at the tracking, especially if I think something is late. 

I haven't seen the original poster responding back, I think he's waiting for a call or email back, unfortunate.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Most ridiculous order

@msau4301 wrote:

Most times we're told not to drive ourselves crazy following tracking but this sounds like a case where checking in on the tracking periodically would have maybe caught it in time to do something about it.

There's usually not much point in following tracking prior to the estimated delivery date window, but when that window comes up, sure, check the tracking.  I'm not clear if the OP realizes that they had a tracking number at their disposal, though.

Having said that, given that the seller seems to be a non-entity on eBay now, I'm wondering if we're looking at a "tracking number scam" where an item (not necessarily the item) was sent to a slightly different address.

https://www.bbb.org/article/scams/21097-scam-alert-tracking-code-trick-costs-online-shoppers

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Security-and-Fraud/Scamming-seller-used-fake-tracking-number-Pay...

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Most ridiculous order

@reallynicestamps wrote:

How odd.

The Canada Post notices I have received over decades don't match either description, in two different provinces.

The notice would be a flimsy, with a very light card part at the top.The rest of light card , the carbon copy, was then taken with the package to the PO.

The notice was not all that small, either, about 12cm x8cm.

It could blow away if not placed in an actual box or through the doorslot.

I asked about this today. They said they've been ordered not to use any cards (they apparently ignored the order for a long time until someone in upper management found out and laid into them). They're only allowed to place the sticker (the one that they used to stick on the card) into the mailbox and nothing else. They're really ticked. They said they find the parcel notices everywhere. They blow out the back of the mailboxes, they get stuck inside flyers and people throw them out, etc. I gather they're getting a big backlog of parcels in the post office because half of them aren't being picked up.

The stickers are tiny. They're (maybe) 1.5" by 4" or something.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply