My Pruduct Review Vanished After One Day

I bought two gas caps for my chainsaw but both leaked no matter what I tried. Seller made a full refund and I gave him a positive rating.

I appeared to be the first to review the product giving it a single star. It was posted but a couple of days later all I see is Be the first to write a review.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

What happens when you review it again?

I've seen mention of reviews failing when the product name is mentioned, which seems just dumb enough to be an eBay Block.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I'm not going to battle eBay by renewing. I assume they have opted to allow sellers to keep selling rather than leaving the negative rating for buyer protection.

Btw, several sellers offer this item and my review was posted only to my seller's listing.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I can understand that.

Some sellers would be selling used/refurbished/ New but floor copies/ New In Box and that would change the buyer's experience.

Not to mention that minor model number changes might make big differences.

I've never read or left a review. FB for the seller is more useful to my mind.

If the item turns out to be 'a bottom feeding freshwater fish' then I can go to the Not As Described dispute mechanism.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I have since tried to leave another review for a poorly manufactured item but it did not get posted after two attempts.

This was a filter that lies inside the fuel tank of chainsaws. Here is the text of my review:

• Blowing through the filter it seems leaky. Tested it by immersing it in water and blowing into it. Air bypasses the filter and escapes where the filter material butts against the metal parts at each end. Fuel would therefore also not get filtered.

As with the review for the fuel cap, the item does not work for me and buyers should have the chance to read my experience. Doubtlessly, sellers and eBay might want it suppressed.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

If this is your review, I still see it.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Yes. My review now appears for that seller. I did repost it.

PS: I rescued the filter by applying glue with a toothpick to seal the leaks.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

My product review for the gas caps has once again vanished.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

When it disappears, is there any sort of communication from eBay regarding its removal, or is it just there one moment and gone the next?

eBay has a record of poor communication, but I would at least hope that if a review was being removed directly by them that they would give some sort of indication why. Knowing eBay, however, I wouldn't bet against them just haphazardly removing reviews here and there.

I agree that there is no apparent reason for your reviews to be removed, so another possibility is that it's one of many eBay glitches that plague the site. I would bet eBay wouldn't even know or be able to give a clear answer to what's happening.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

The review for the gas filter is still displayed. It is the review for the gas caps that has disappeared for the second time.

I carefully word these reviews to be as balanced as is appropriate and leave little room for them to be rejected by any terms of service rules.

When posting, the web page indicates it has been receive and pending approval. I wonder whether the seller has any opportunity to comment before eBay posts it. eBay did not give me any notification that the review has been approved or removed.

As is typical on eBay there are several sellers for the gas caps and gas filters and although many have been sold, all product pages indicate they are waiting for their first review.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Today I noticed that my negative review of the gas filter has again vanished.

This means that my reviews for two products were each twice posted and twice removed without notification. Draw your own conclusions.

To track the reviews I put the items I bought on my Watch List and checked them periodically.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Tyler will be back with the weakly chat tomorrow.

Perhaps you should post to his thread about this? It's open now.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Beware! My old thread back again.

Wrote a review a couple of days ago on replacement heads for Philips 3000 series shavers. It was one star based on poor performance when shaving. The review appeared briefly but has now vanished.

As before, I appeared to be the first to write a review and now there are no reviews.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Ooops! Now I see my review is there .... so perhaps I just missed it.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 15 of 15
latest reply