Need help figuring out what to do next.

ale-3749
Community Member

Hi

It's a long story thanks if you make the time to go through this timeline. My love to shop here has been completly demolished by Ebay during this process.

Here's the complete timeline of everything that heppened. 

The Order has been made on November 4 2021 

-On the same day the seller has ‘’sent’’ the item

-Still on Nov. 4 a demand has been opened not by me for an unreceived package.

-Same day again I received an email of a chat with an Ebay agent which wasn’t from me asking for the demand previously mentioned. I’m assuming the seller did that saying they were me.

-Still same day; the seller asked me to close the demand which would’ve meant I said I received the package which wasn’t the case and impossible as I just ordered it a few days before that.

-Later that day, the seller sent me an email from a personal address outside of the Ebay system again asking me to close the demand.

-On November 6. After I noticed what was happening I assumed it was a way to scam me so I contacted Ebay for the first time (the beginning of a lot lol). That was on November 6th. The help person confirmed my fears and told me to wait for the service to give me a refund.

Here I thought it was over.

-On November 9 I received an email saying the seller changed the shipping information. They changed the Fedex number from one to another. (Fun fact the first one shipped and arrived before the date i even ordered and the second one shipped on the 7th and wasn’t addresses to my name or my address after checking with FedEx later.)

-On November 10  I received an email for the seller asking eBay to make a decision.

-Same day later I received an email saying ebay closed the case

Here the fun begins

So on November 10 I contacted Ebay for the second time where everything that was in the first time I contacted ebay was completely ignored and the helping person relied 100% on the FedEx number to show it was delivered. (I had not called FedEx yet). It ended that I was supposed to be contacted by another department within 48H.

On November 11 I got an email saying ebay kept the same outcome. (Picking the outcome before even getting in touch with me for anything.)

Also got another email from the department that was supposed to contact me. This is where I have the biggest issue. I’ve been sent the link to the FedEx page. 

Saying it says the package was delivered at my address (they wrote my exact address). It says nowhere on the site that it is my address only my town, there are many more houses than mine in my town (wish I had the town for myself lol).

So that is when I called FedEx and they informed me that this package wasn’t intended for my name or my address only for my town, but to someone else.

So on November 11 still I sent an email by the Help&Contact on Ebay with this information. So 7 days after my order Ebay had all the information they had asked for. (Even if I believe Ebay should’ve checked with FedEx themselves I’m amazed I’ve had this much work to do for this.)

So after that from November 11 to today it’s been a huge back and forth, I’ve had no awnser to my email. So I’ve contacted Ebay god knows how many times. Tired calling a lot since at least I’d get awnsers but never any follow back or again ignoring my arguments. Either I was being completely ignored never getting an awnser back or I was getting the awnser ‘’oh but the FedEx number says it was delivered’’ ignoring what I’ve said, when I replied to that I wouldn’t get an answer until it’s been passed the 30 days limit.

Tbh idk what to do anymore i heard you can take ebay to small claims?

Thanks a lot for reathing here. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You purchased something.

The seller sent it, but did not have a tracking number. (?)

• Shipping labels can be purchased online, but don't start tracking until the package is actually in the shipper's hands, which can be days later- although most sellers try to move them out fast.

A Scammer contacted eBay and made an Item Not Received dispute.

• You did not respond within the Dispute but instead phoned eBay and talked to a subcontractor who does not work for eBay and has no authority.

The seller asked you to cancel the Dispute. You refused (since you did not open it).

The seller changed the address on the package and gave you a tracking number.

• The seller at this point lost his Seller Protection, because he is only allowed to ship to the address on the payment-- which would have been yours.

contacted Ebay for the second time where everything that was in the first time I contacted ebay was completely ignored

• Again, the phone reps do not work for eBay. They are poorly trained sub-contractors.

I'm not clear where you sent an email.

Did you contact the eBay Facebook page which is run by actual employees who are well-trained?

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

''The seller sent it, but did not have a tracking number. (?)''

They did but they changed it a few days after as FedEx confirmed the tracking number they provided wasn't for a package intended for me or my adress, they just found a traking number that had the same town as i do since it's the only thing that show up when you look on the FedEx website. 

''Shipping labels can be purchased online, but don't start tracking until the package is actually in the shipper's hands, which can be days later- although most sellers try to move them out fast.''

They changed the number, but the first one was delivered the day before my order so completly impossible. Then they found one that was after so they changed it. 

''You did not respond within the Dispute but instead phoned eBay and talked to a subcontractor who does not work for eBay and has no authority.''

The first times i contacted ebay with the chatting method. And sent emails through the help and contact section on top of the page. Until they stopped awnsering (Once i had given them all the infor for the refund) that is when i tried calling, where at least i had someone awnser even if they did basically nothing after. 

''The seller asked you to cancel the Dispute. You refused (since you did not open it).''

As one of the Ebay employee confirmed the first time if i had closed the dispute it would've acted as saying i have received the package which wasn't true. It was a dispute saying i didn't receive the package, closing it would attest i received it and close the case.

''The seller changed the address on the package and gave you a tracking number.''

Only changed tracking number.

''The seller at this point lost his Seller Protection, because he is only allowed to ship to the address on the payment-- which would have been yours.''

When you look with the tracking number it still says my town, but you have to call FedEx to check the full adress and name which Ebay wouldn't bother to do and assume the seller is a good person. Even told me the FedEx site said it was my exact adress which was completly false. And i did call FedEx and they said it wasn't for me or my adress. Not even close. So they basically lied to me.

''Again, the phone reps do not work for eBay. They are poorly trained sub-contractors.''

I got replies by Email after that, but they ignored everything i said and when i would reply with everything they'd ask for as proof i'd stop getting awnsers until the 30 day limit where they gladly told me to get lost. 

'I'm not clear where you sent an email.''

Either from the support page on top of the site or reply to the ones i got.

''Did you contact the eBay Facebook page which is run by actual employees who are well-trained?''

I tried the Twitter is that the same? Everywhere i look i never saw a facebook link on the help only the twitter one, they were no help either btw. Could try facebook if it's any different from twitter?

Thanks. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

The first times i contacted ebay with the chatting method.

Sorry to use jargon but Chat is a specific format. It's not oral, it is written.

The oral spoken reps do not work for eBay, but for a sub-contractor. They have no authority and are mostly there to soothe.

As one of the Ebay employee confirmed the first time if i had closed the dispute...

My concern is that you may not have been communicating with an actual employee.

...the tracking number it still says my town,...

Again the problem is with training.

Canada Post's postal codes are quite specific. If you live in a very small town the code may cover all 50 houses, but in my city, my postal code covers only my block. There are apartment buildings that have several postal codes.

But those undertrained sub-contractors don't know that. And US zipcodes which they may understand cover huge areas.

Hmmm-- were you able to get the actual address the package went to? Have you dropped in on those people and explained the problem? They may still have your parcel. (I wouldn't count on it, but it might work.)

until the 30 day limit where they gladly told me to get lost.

I hope they were more polite than that!

Do you have a transcript from the "emails". (I never know what to call those written Chats. "Chat" doesn't feel like the right word, but it seems to be used a lot.)

Be that as it may.

You are also covered by Paypal for 180 days from payment. But PP may see "delivered" and tell you to return the delivered purchase for a refund.

Which would be a tad difficult, eh?

And you are covered by the credit card you either use to back your PP account or used directly. Phone their 1-800 number and ask about a chargeback.

The last time I did this, they tried to deflect me to a "Chat" again, but I waited them out and got a very sensible rep who explained why I was wrong. (He was right. I had misunderstood the billing. Not an eBay thing anyway.)

Twitter doesn't get mentioned much. I would guess the limits on word count makes it awkward.

Although those limits also make for concise pointed explanations.

There have only been good reports about the Facebook team, so far.

I think you have to make it clear that the seller used a fraudulent tracking number, which was not delivered to your address.

I think you are saying that Fedex gave you the address they did deliver to. That address should be in the complaint, along with date of delivery and weight/dimensions of that package if FedEx also gave you that.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Sorry to use jargon but Chat is a specific format. It's not oral, it is written.

Yeah just to make things a bit more clear: 

On the Ebay Help & contact i had 3 options, 

-Chatting which open a window with that connects you to an agent and you can write messages back and fourth. You then receive an email with the whole conversation. (This is the email i got of the chatting i didn't do at first)

-Calling, which i now understand is worth nothing, i did not know that before but will not use in the future. (though if they have it on the support page it should work properly...)

-Sending an email. Which i used only twice since i never got awnsers to those.

My concern is that you may not have been communicating with an actual employee.

In that case Ebay got a serious problem since i was on their site in the help & contact section chatting with one of their agent. 

Canada Post's postal codes are quite specific. 

Yeah, but even that. The FedEx site on the tracking showed only the town which has about 10 000 people living in it. 

Hmmm-- were you able to get the actual address the package went to? Have you dropped in on those people and explained the problem? They may still have your parcel. (I wouldn't count on it, but it might work.)

Sadly since my informations didn't match at all the ones the tracking number was intend to, the FedEx employee wasn't allowed to give me the adress and name, only to tell me it really wasn't me at all. 

Also confirmed the weight and size of the package which were way off the chart 63X23X6 in. and 92.7lbs for something that should be 3lbs and a 10x10x5 in box. 

OH, on the Ebay site you can see the postal code with the traking number and it does not match mine, another proof to add to my pile! thanks.

I hope they were more polite than that!

Well yeah with a pre-written message, but i find it rude that they waited for it. It's their fault that it's passed the 30 days and they even reply to you with a nice message saying sorry the delays will be long because of covid and all everytime you send them an email. 

Do you have a transcript from the "emails".

The only thing i don't have are the phone calls, i have everything else even took screenshots of everything and sent them. From the chatting you get an email with everything that was said during it. Guess they didn't care to look. Maybe not allowed to open attachements of emails idk. (Would've sent it here but not all of them are in english since i live in a french place, the french team took my case). That's another thing, next time i'm trying to get an english team instead becaus the french one was a problem. 

And you are covered by the credit card you either use to back your PP account or used directly. Phone their 1-800 number and ask about a chargeback.

Yeah i've been waiting to see if they ignore my last email, but since i didn't use paypal i'll need to try with my credit card company. 

That address should be in the complaint, along with date of delivery and weight/dimensions of that package if FedEx also gave you that.

Can't with the adress, but will keep the dimensions noted. I hesitated on adding them since i wanted to focus my arguments on the adress and not leave room for them to argue on something else. The few times i got awnsers was when i wrote more arguments and they replied to those and ignored fedex. If i wrote only that the number wasn't intended for me they had nothing to argue and would just not reply. 

Fun times xD

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

OH, on the Ebay site you can see the postal code with the traking number and it does not match mine, another proof to add to my pile! thanks.

Just to make that part more clear, the postal code doesn't match mine, it's in my town but it's not mine not even close the second half is nothing alike. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

Wow, did anybody actually read all that?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Honestly, I did not. Read the first paragraph, skimmed the rest and replies. Too much to read. One good thing was the use of paragraphs!
Message 8 of 8
latest reply