New Paybright Virtual Card Has Insufficient Funds

Hello,
Whenever I use a newly generated virtual card for an eBay purchase it always fails saying there are insufficient funds. Then when I refresh the page the virtual card is on, it's now expired.

The purchase amount is less than the approved amount on the card so I know I'm within the limit.

I've reached out to paybright as well but so far they have told me to just try again on different browsers/devices. Still won't work. I've made purchases using the paybright virtual card last year so I don't understand why it's failing now

Anyone else experience this and was able to find a solution?
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I have never used Paybright myself but have read about problems with it. If you search "Paybright" right here from the community pages search you will see all kinds of times it was brought up and maybe you will find something in those responses to help you there (and at the very least show you are not alone with problems getting it to work). One of the replies from Tyler (previous eBay community represenative) had a lot of contact info (sorry I wasn't sure how to copy it over for you) but try the search route, there are a number of conversations about it.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

The only post similar to what I'm experiencing is from

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/Paybright-Payment-plan-Official-ebay-financing-not-workin...

Thread was ultimately locked because it was old. No resolution was provided.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

msau4301_0-1671103590688.jpeg

‎06-14-2019 02:23 PM

Hi PayBright is a credit offer - this means if you apply and are approved at checkout they will give you a code/number to use. That will pay for the items you have in your cart. 

You will then work with PayBright to pay them back for the credit you used. 

If you have more questions about the PayBright process (how it works, how you pay them, etc) you can contact them directly by phone by calling 1-877-276-2780 for English support and 1-844-856-1163 for French support. Or for online help visit https://paybright.com/contact/. Thanks!

(I see a  group of them all there when I look. I copied the above over from one, not sure if the info (phone number) is up to date as the message was from 2019. Are you searching from here on the search at top of the Community Page, also search Paybright with no spaces.)

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Sorry, perhaps I wasn't precise in describing my issue. I'm not having problems with getting the credit issued or understanding how it works. I fill out the application and see I get approved for X amount.

The issue is when I use the newly generated card for the first time. Even though I am approved for well above the purchase price, it says there are insufficient funds.

For example, Paybright approves me for $5000, I get a new virtual card to use. The product I'm purchasing is $1000, I enter in the paybright virtual card (which has a limit of $5000) information without issue. I go place the order and get an error indicating there are insufficient funds.

I have also called to reach out to the paybright customer service and they are investigating. I will update this post if there is any useful information.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Glad paybright is investigating for you, hope it works out.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Any updates? I’m encountering this issue aswell. Very irritating as I used it back in October and it worked no problem.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I can't even find the PayBright pay option!  Is it still available?

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

ay-784861
Community Member

i am also  having the same issue and now the "Apply button" on the ebay website has dissapeared!! if you click the link below it will take you to the exaxt error message i am getting on the same website. After applying it says this "

Oops! Unable to Proceed.

At this time is not available with PayBright.
Please see help center for further assistance.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply