No buyer protection 39days after buy it now....ebay is doing nothing!! Very fishy

I placed an order on March 1. It has not arrived,,, contacted seller they said it was sent out  on the 6th. Since then still no items... they said they reshipped on march 29th. Its april 9th so i tried to open a dispute in ebay. I was denied because of a 30 day limit from expected delivery date.

Item on ebay doesnt even show shipped or even show a expected delivery date.

So i called ebay... at 1st i was givin the run around because of the 30day limit. After they opened me a case anyhow, they closed it and transferred me to another agent to dispute it. So I did... then he comes back saying i was already refunded, gave me a refund paypal transaction id and told me to contact paypal. On my paypal account no refund was sent thru at all. Ebay gave me the run around.

I called paypal and they didnt see a refund iether and opened a case for me. So that is good. 

I wonder if the sellers account has been hacked?

Flaw #1 How can a seller with 100% rating not show item is shipped and give no date of arrival and now im not covered?

Flaw #2 So if no date is givin no refund can be issued,,, doesnt this rule breed scammers?

Flaw #3 Ebay gave me a fake paypal refund transaction number.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

No buyer protection 39days after buy it now....ebay is doing nothing!! Very fishy

The ebay Moneyback Guarantee clearly gives 30 days after Estimated Date of Delivery to file a complaint. IT's the same as your local walmart only taking returns for 14 days or whatever it is. I've stood at the Customer Service desk of my local Superstore with a problem 15 days later and they didn't give a hill of beans, policy is policy. 

The good news is that you probably paid via Paypal which offers 180 days of protection from date of purchase. Go into your paypal account and find the transaction and open an Item Not Received case. DO NOT accept an offer to replace, this won't end well nine times from ten.

Don't hesitate to ask for more help. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
@jcurrie78, if I'm understanding you correctly, you say there's no delivery date estimate on the listing page, and you made your claim of non-delivery 39 days after purchase.

Is there a delivery date estimate on any of the emails you received from eBay after you made your payment? If so, what is it?

And where is your item (if it exists) located?
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I seem to recall that on eBay.com there is an instance of a particular shipping setting that can lead to ‘no estimate available’ for the buyer which means within the same country the buyer can open an Item Not Received claim within seven days of payment and 30 days of payment for an international transaction.

I’d have to make a wild guess this was one of those but the Item Location was overseas.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Wait, the last thing I said doesn’t make sense. It’s 30 days BEFORE a buyer can open a case in that case, not that it times out after 30 days.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Some of you arn't understanding me. The item isnt even marked shipped at anytime, so no delivery date is given, item isnt trackable. So the 30 days before or after it doesnt matter, i wasnt able to open a claim 28 days after i paid. Seller says its listed in canada, i asked if seller was overseas and the seller didnt answer that part of the question, yes im in canada.

Ebay only has a 30 day policy after expected delivery date,,, not a default x amount of days after purchase.

Yes payal covered me, but ebay did nothing.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

No, I think you are misunderstanding us.

There is a specific detail that affects when a buyer is able to open an item not received case, like a loophole of which you are probably not aware. If the item is listed on ebay.com AND the seller gives item location as being in the same country as the buyer, the buyer can open an Item Not Received case after seven calendar days regardless of there being no estimated date of delivery. 

Which if any of these factors applied to your circumstances? 

It is the only time I can think that there is no delivery estimate available.

Otherwise, you might get an item that was yanked after you bought it in which case, go to paypal. That's what paypal is there for. It's no different than when your coffee machine breaks and it's past two weeks old and Superstore won't take it back, you look for alternative means to address the situation. Whether that might be your funding source or the manufacturer, is your choice at that point. 

Was there a delivery estimate available when you bought it? If not, I could suggest this is a red flag. I try to avoid those red flags when shopping but other users are more risk-toleratnt than I which is the reason web allows listings like that to remain available. Other shoppers don't mind waiting or are prepared to wait four months for some doodad to arrive form overseas if it saves them $20. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

https://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html#latest

Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 7.13.31 AM.png

Questions:

1. Did you get your refund or not?

2. What site were you using when you made the purchase?

3. When you go back to the listing, what is the Estimated Date of Delivery given to you today. Count back from that to your date of purchase to get the date as to when your Item Not Received case could have been open.

4. Who knows what the Customer Service Reps thought or told you. It is a roll of the dice when you call there whether you get Team A or Team Z. If it sounds like you're dealing with a someone who left their brain at home when they came to work, call back and try again. During business hours in North America will gain you a better chance of being connected to an agent in The States as opposed to one that has been outsourced to a call centre overseas. Some of the overseas agents are excellent but others? Not so much. They are sometimes more confused than the person calling and tend to do more harm than good. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply