No longer registrated user after marked as shipped

13 days ago I ordered an item from a seller with 90 ratings all positive (100%). It was marked as shipped the day after (12 day ago), last week I checked ebay just browsing and he was there with few more ratings, today on the 16 February I checked and I get 'seller is no longer registered' etc. (see screenshot below)

Any thoughts on my options IF I don't actually receive the item? I guess I am out of luck but doesn't hurt to ask here I guess.

Just in case anybody wondering after looking at screenshot, I don't have any messages from ebay or anybody else for that matter.

Thanks

Capture.PNG

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: No longer registrated user after marked as shipped

marnotom!
Community Member

@gazer-sky wrote:

13 days ago I ordered an item from a seller with 90 ratings all positive (100%). It was marked as shipped the day after (12 day ago), last week I checked ebay just browsing and he was there with few more ratings, today on the 16 February I checked and I get 'seller is no longer registered' etc. (see screenshot below)

Any thoughts on my options IF I don't actually receive the item? I guess I am out of luck but doesn't hurt to ask here I guess.

You're probably not out of luck.  If your item is covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee, you have recourse through that program.

https://pages.ebay.ca/ebay-money-back-guarantee/

Just keep an eye on that last expected delivery date, and don't worry about "reaching out" (ugh) to the seller.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Good point as it should be covered (should have realized that before posting here)

Will wait til the 28th February and if needed then contact ebay.

Thanks

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

EBay has a stupid policy of disappearing the seller's email and other info about these NARU (not a registered user) transactions.

If your purchase does not appear on your Purchases list, go to Paypal.

You can find the seller's email on your Paypal payment .

BTW, you are also covered by PP and by the chargeback service of your credit card. But use them in this order -eBay/Paypal/credit card- because eBay won't support you if you already went to either of the others, and PP won't support you if you have been turned down by your card.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Not to Hijack the thread but I am curious how this will be handled once Ayden becomes reality.

I've had similar experiences and eBay doesn't make it any easier for folks to recover funds.
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Would be interesting to see that effect next year.

As in cases like mine, I will follow the ebay/paypal (bank/CC won't apply as I am paid with paypal balance(?)) steps as suggested above and really hope it is straightforward, it better be any way 🙂

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

@retroman_studios 

A question for tyler@ebay 

@gazer-sky 

This is one good reason for backing your PP with a credit card rather than using the balance.

On the other hand, that works best when both your purchases and your balance are in the same currency.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Did you check the tracking? I could have copied it out wrong but when I entered it, it didn't seem to be a valid number.  What country is the seller located in and what service did he use to send it? 

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

It says CPC tracking.

On ebay clicking on that tracking number says tracking provided Feb.4 and expected delivery Feb.28, at first I was thinking CPC refers to Canada Post Corporation but it obviously can't be cause nothing within Canada will be listed as taking 24 days (4th to 28th) to arrive. May be CPC means China Post? 

On Canada Post's site say invalid (I guess it is what you tried?)

Either way ebay is making a farce of itself either allowing a fake tracking number or at best (lol!) allowing a seller to list shipping from Canada but lying either from shipping location or outright lying about 'Marked as shipped'

Note: Item was listed as shipping from Canada and as I said before the guy 100% rating on 90 ratings, all feedback was 'fast shipping' or similar

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Was the last fb more than 6momths ago? If so that could be a hacked account.
CPC is Canada Post. but 28 days seems long , normally we would not expect more than 20 days.

You have 30days from that last estimated date to open a Dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page, but if the account is hacked you have 180days from payment to own the Dispute on PayPal

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

All of the feedback were recent, most if not all within 6 months. The account was registered only last year actually.

Will wait until 28th and then proceed like you posted 🙂

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@retroman_studios wrote:
Not to Hijack the thread but I am curious how this will be handled once Ayden becomes reality.

I've had similar experiences and eBay doesn't make it any easier for folks to recover funds.

Hi @retroman_studios - the Money Back Guarantee would apply regardless of who is processing the payment. 

@gazer-sky - I'm sorry to hear that the user in question has been removed. You are able to open an Item not Received request after the estimated delivery date has passed. You can also consider contacting our Customer Support team to review the transaction to see if there's a possibility of early escalation depending on the specifics. You can contact by phone, but I prefer social media (Facebook or Twitter) as you can send a private message and the team will reply as quickly as they can, so you don't have to wait on hold. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

tyler@ebay  Thanks for the reply, will wait until 28th and see

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Well it arrived, but there is China Post stamp on it, so even though it arrived and in less than 3 weeks the listing had clearly stated Canadian addresses shipping from Canada, not to mention the tracking number which seemed fake

Of course not the first time someone has said this but tyler@ebay and everybody at ebay may be one day you will fix this item location/shipping issue and ebay will be better for it.

Thanks all for the replies and help 🙂

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

It would do  a lot for buyer comfort if eBay allowed a simple way to report sellers for incorrect location.

It really isn't enough to tell dropshippers that the location should be of the product not their own.

Even when things go perfectly, it is an irritation.

@gazer-sky 

The most effective feedback is calm and factual.

"Shipped from China" for example.

And while the item is satisfactory and shipping was not terrible, you might consider making this a neutral, which stands out and can be Searched by careful future customers, but does not actually affect the seller's percentage.

Standing in the corner rather than a trip to the Principal's Office if you like.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply

Agreed and yes tried now but it doesn't go through cause seller is no longer there (but the feed back form is accessible!)

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Leaving feedback won't actually be useful, but it will make you feel better so go to it.

The Dispute process will get your money back.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

yea .. it did happen to me too.. i hope it not a scam when it buy it ... like grab money and run ...

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

As the OP was told you are covered by eBay.

If the item does not arrive by the last estimated date you were given, you have 30 days to open a Dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

You may have to go to Paypal to get information on the transaction number etc.

OR

You can Dispute on Paypal for 180 days from payment. The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

OR if you back your PP account with a credit card your third level of protection is the card's Chargeback policy.

Always start with eBay though. The others negate the systems before them.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply