Not able to bid/buy anything

Hey everyone so I recently created my account, and I am trying to bid/buy items, but it says I am only restricted to bidding on one item at once due to a buyer restriction. I am not sure why this is happening, I am assuming it is there until you officially buy an item, but I am not able to really purchase items unless I BIN them. Further, I am trying to send a counter offer on an item and it still says I am at my one item bidding limit, even though I am not the highest bidder on anything. This is extremely frustrating and I am just trying to purchase some items and I am unable to. Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

mcrlmn
Community Member

An example of a 'Buyer requirements' option offered to sellers:

"Block buyers who are currently winning or have bought 1 of my items in the last 10 days."
"Only apply this block to buyers who have a feedback score of 5 or lower."

Presently, your feedback score is 0.

Spread your purchases around.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

There are restrictions on new members set up paternalistically to protect both buyers and sellers.

You've run into the one that prevents mischief makers from bidding and winning several auctions from a seller, and not paying.

This holds up the seller's business for a week or more while she has the transactions voided.

It's nothing personal.

Over 85% of eBay listings are Fixed Price, so you will actually have more choices if you use that as part of your Search.

To avoid seeing a flood of overseas carp, you can also choose to Search by Highest Price and Shipping First. Then drill down to your price point.

If you are Searching on a desktop or laptop, also choose to Search by List, which will help you to avoid sellers enrolled in the expensive Global Shipping Program.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

It's been so long since I originally signed up for eBay, but I don't really recall that eBay goes out of its way to inform users about these limits.

I seem to vaguely recall I had a similar situation back in the day, although mine was trying to sell something and I needed a minimum of 10 feedback before I could. (A rule which was a good decision but ultimately ended up being useless as Sellers started selling feedback for 99¢.)

Good days, Good 'ole days.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply