Refund issues

I have returned a $1200 purchase for being wrong item. eBay gave me a partial refund and i am still owed over $600 I have been told I will receive the remainder of my refund in 24-48 hours, then 3-5days, then 7days, then 10days. I have read a lot online that eBay rips off a lot of customers. I assume I will have to get legal advice. Thoughts?
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Refund issues

EBay doesn't, but some sellers  will.

Was the cost of the Item $1200Cdn or was your payment a mixture of purchase and shipping?

In some instances, sellers can refuse to refund shipping.

Who paid for the return shipping?

Is the item back with the seller? Can you upload a tracking number proving that?

Am I correct in thinking that this is a formal Dispute and Claim?

Be aware that "legal advice" is expensive. It's been some years, but the last time I spoke with a lawyer, she charged $300 for a one hour consultation.

You might consider Small Claims Court, which does not involve lawyers necessarily.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Refund issues

Hi the item was $1200cad plus shipping and plus return shipping I have paid. The seller has the item back and I was granted the remaining amount from my appeal on December 3 now when I contact eBay they keep adding more days until the refund. It started at 24-48hours then it changed to 3-5days then 7days then 10days.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Refund issues

A few questions.  Why did you pay to ship the item back if indeed it was not as described?  Did you put in a NAD (not as described) claim in with eBay or all this done with emails between you and the seller?  Was there any mention of the refund coming in the form of an "e-check" and perhaps its taking longer than expected because the seller does not have the funds available at this time?

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Refund issues

There was a issue with there return shipping label, I guess it happens all the time when you buy from the US and live in Canada. I paid the return shipping and the seller agreed to refund shipping. I went through all the proper steps for the return for the item not as described.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Refund issues

I have heard decent things about eBay for Business on Facebook.  Have you tried there at all yet?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Refund issues

Here is the new eBay email. They added another 3-7days. The amount for refund is in US $. I acknowledge the fact that you are putting your honest effort in order to comply with eBay policies and to maintain a good reputation for your account. I was also delighted to discover that you have maintained a good percentage of positive feedback score which only proves that you have been a responsible eBay member.

I honestly believe that you have done your responsibilities for this transaction to go smoothly as possible. With this being said, I submitted a Manual Refund Request to our specialized team. It can take 3 to 7 business days to receive a manual refund of $482.03. You should receive a PayPal notification when the funds are available in your account. If there are any issues with us being unable to process a refund, we will follow up with you.

I’m glad I was able to address your query about the refund. Have a blessed day!

Kind regards,
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Refund issues

They may or may not take your call but try calling eBay Concierge customer service (a more elite level than the usual c.s)    If they take the call, let them know about the case,  the communications, the partial refund and the email you just received and ask them to verify its authenticity as something about the case should show up on your file when they open it.   They will ask your eBay user name and full registered address.  Again, this is for sellers with large eBay stores but I know from time to time they will accept other calls.  You have nothing to lose.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Refund issues

Thanks
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Refund issues

Have a blessed day! --- Wow. Seriously? Not professional.

For future reference-- and hoping you never need to know it-- Canadians can send USPS return shipping labels to American customers using Shippo, which operates internationally.

It is the default shipper for eBay these days.

The Canadian needs to have a Solutions for Small Business number which is free from Canada Post and available on request. You get some tiny discounts on some services with it even if all you ever do is send presents to family.

I've done it once and even a technodolt like me can follow the steps. It's tedious but not difficult.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply