Seller lied about shipping?

kahur8
Community Member

Hello, so on Dec 23 I won an auction on Resident Evil Revelations 3DS used for 13$, now that's a lot less than what other sellers are asking for the game. As soon as I won the auction I payed immediately via credit card. Shortly afterwards the seller indicated the item has been shipped via Canada Post Lettermail and the estimated delivery is 30 Dec - 6 Jan. The seller is in Newfoundland and Labrador and I'm in Brossard (Quebec). On his feedbacks I noticed a buyer gave him a neutral feedback about not receiving his item and I noticed the item he won at auction is also LOT cheaper than the asking price of other sellers. So my question is this, is it possible the seller doesn't ship the item even though he indicated it was shipped? If that's the case then what does the seller stand to lose (assuming he kept the game) if I open an INR case and get my money back? (I'll wait till Jan 10 for the item otherwise I'll open a resolution case) I haven't sold anything on Ebay yet so I'm not sure what fees are involved when using the platform. But I'm wondering if that's a loophole for sellers who are not satisfied with the auction winning bid.

Thank you,

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Seller lied about shipping?

kahur8
Community Member

The item arrived!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply