how to contact ebay by email

How can I contact Help and resolution centers by Email only.

help please

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

There is no manner in which to contact ebay Customer Service by email only.

If you have a problem with an item you bought and received, or didn't receive, start by contacting your seller.

If that goes nowhere fast, open a case in the Resolution Centre.

If that's not working either, try asking you question here. Or calling ebay under Help & Contact at the top and bottom of any page when viewed on a desktop computer. 

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Are you hearing impaired?

Do you have access to the TDD (?) system?

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Ebay is so big. They should have a Chat Oline for there support site.

Everybody else smaller than them has a Chat Online?

It will resolve a lot of cases?

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

ebay Canada did at one point in time have an Online Chat option but found it to be inefficient, I was told. 

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

You mean those type in your question and get a typed answer back?

Those drive me nuts.

Soooooooooooo sllllllllloooooooooooowwww.

They may have an advantage for the deaf or those who have speech defects over the telephone contact available through Help and Contact at the top of this page.

The Resolution Centre at the bottom of the page is very efficient for simple problems.

And most problems are simpler than the upset member thinks.

You didn't receive your item.

The item is not as described.

The item is broken or broke in transit.

You had to pay duty and sales tax which you did not expect.*

You returned the item but the seller has not refunded.

Is it one of those?

*Tough tomatoes on that one, btw. You as an importer are required to pay import fees.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

ebay Canada did at one point in time have an Online Chat option but found it to be inefficient, I was told. 

I did use it when it was available on eBay a couple of times. Because it is interactive, both parties could figure out what was each was talking about quickly most of the time like a phone conversation.

I also used email when it was available years ago and that is a terrible way to communicate issues. The back and forth to get an understanding of what the issue was took days. Not a good way to do customer support.

I opened cases on third party tools like Auctiva and InkFrog when I used them and it was like email. Painfully slow to get the issue understood and resolved if possible.

I have used online chat with other companies like my ISP Shaw Cable and it is very quick and effective. As well I used it with InkFrog too effectively.

I think online chat works well but with eBay having outsourced their customer support to workers in the Philippines where English is not their mother tongue it probably is not possible to ever have online chat again. Especially since knowing how to write a language is so much harder than speaking it.

I do do believe the UK has online chat available from what I read in the eBay USA forums. 

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Some of the eBay customer service is from Utah.

But again there are language difficulties.

And some agents have trouble with concepts like "Canada", 'Canada Post", I'm not in the USA", etc.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

I agree that email is not an excellent way to problem-solve complex situations, and that eBay Uk has an excellent Chat feature. When I asked our former Weekly Chat host the reason we do not have Online Chat as a Customer Service resource, he told me it had been retired due to inefficiencies. I can't say the current method is particularly satisfactory either.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

i submitted a return request even though, i just havent recieved my item.. i explained why i chose to do that and explained my problem... a seller was supposed to send me tracking number and didnt... here we are- the 7th or 8th of november and i ordered it the 3rd of october and, it was supposedly shipped the same day... ive messaged the seller 4 to 5 times with zero response asking for the tracking number. Yesterday, there were 2 negative feedbacks for him, i sent him a message explaining id open an ebay case if the tracking number wasnt supplied... today, there are 7 new negative feedback and he removed all his listings... when i messaged him, where it says choose and item... my item didnt even come up! Hes fled ebay and i cannot find a way to... add new information to the case i opened with ebay... can you help me?

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Yes, you’ll have to call eBay Customer Service and explain all of this to them. They can help in tangible ways that we cannot.
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

i submitted a return request even though, i just havent recieved my item.

It is possible to change the reason for a Dispute, I believe.

i ordered it the 3rd of october and, it was supposedly shipped the same day..

What dates did eBay give you as the window for delivery?

You can't open a Dispute until the last estimated delivery date passes.

The seller has up to seven days to respond.

new negative feedback and he removed all his listings.

Is the seller now Not A Registered User(NARU)?

If so put that information in your Dispute and escalate to a Claim.

The seller has probably had his account closed. It is difficult for a seller to close his own account. EBay makes him wait months to clear up any financial problems that may come up.

EBay will refund you and go after him for the money he owes.

The big problem here is that you opened your Dispute as a Return Request, when you had not even received the item.

Please take some responsibility for this.

If you had opened Item Not Received, unless he could prove Delivery (not shipping,  delivery), you would have been refunded quickly.

Now.

If the eBay dispute doesn't work, and I can't see that it would given that you cannot return something you never received, you can instead go to Paypal.

PP's Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

Pay Attention.

Open an Item Not Received Dispute.

Add the information that the seller is NARU if he is. This usually speeds things along.

Don't make up your own system.

You don't need to talk to any human being.

Just follow the steps indicated and get your money back.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Sorry its taken so long to respond. Yes the time in which it shouldve been delivered was almost 2 weeks... i closed the return case i made and opened the correct one and stated that his items ect were gone.

I did as you suggested and escalated to a claim... it wasnt even 48 hours and i was refunded. He had to have been closed by ebay i shouldve asked. Your right, i did need to take some responsibility! Im not used to this as ive never had this happen to me so i panicked and now, thanks to you guys and ebay, i know to keep calm and what to do in a situation such as this!

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Any mail you are expecting would most likely be caught up in the current postal disruption. Unsure how eBay is dealing with those scenarios. They, unfortunately have no control of mail delivery which would leave you with trying to be patient the best you can.

-CM

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

i think ebay.ca sucks

Message 15 of 19
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2018

The problem with Zombie Threads is that the information may be out of date or incorrect.

For example, since 2018, eBay has started using FaceBook and Twitter to help confused members.

The Resolution Centre remains the most efficient way to solve problems however.

If you have a problem that the Boards can help with, start a new post.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Ok  those are the simplest one in there drop down menu. where the one didn't receive item and e bey seller account removed . When i tried to contact resalotions about a matter like this because eBay removed the seller they removed the item from the menu was unable to do anything i payed through pay pal e bay got there fees probably the payment as well as they hold funds for 21 day 

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

Did you go directly to the resolution center(link is at the bottom of the page) to see if the item would come up there?  I was under the impression that removed listings could still be found at the every end of your purchase history list or in the resolution center but I could be wrong.

If you paid through Paypal, you can also go to paypal.com, sign into your account and open an item not received claim there. I would try to do it through ebay first though.  You can also contact ebay through Facebook or Twitter.

They may close this thread because you have tagged on to a 3 year old thread. If they do and you need more help, please start your own thread. 🙂

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 19 of 19
latest reply