Seller marked my item as "delivered" eventhough tracking says otherwise, how can I open a case?

I've never seen this happened before, maybe it's a new feature that ebay added, I don't know. I ordered an item on March 20. The estimate delivery date was April 25 as the latest. Everything was normal until mid April when I checked my order and saw that it was marked "delivered" on March 21, one day after I placed my order, but when I click on the tracking, it says "still in transit", the carrier is Winit by the way. I asked the seller about this and they say to wait a bit longer because the "delivered" meant that the seller gave the carrier the package. So I said fine. April 25 has passed and now it's May 11 and I still haven't received anything. 

I have packages from other sellers that I ordered in April that already arrived to me on free shipping. This seller charged me 7$ for shipping and it hasn't even arrived yet. I talked to the seller and they kept telling me to wait. I tried to open a case with ebay but I can't because the order is marked as "delivered" by the seller. What do I do? How can they do this? Please look at picture for reference.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Seller marked my item as "delivered" eventhough tracking says otherwise, how can I open a case?

Here's photo of the tracking saying it's still in transit. Seller has 99.7% feedback so I had faith in them when buying, but when I tried to ask them about my item being marked as delivered and I can't open a case, they dodged my question and beat around the bush. Even when I asked them directly 

"Please tell me why you can mark my item as delivered even when it's not? How can I open a case now that it's "delivered"?"

They just hit me back with "We appreciate your patience, please wait a few more days, your item will arrive soon". 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

You need to call ebay Customer Service. I have a theory about what has happened here but it's speculative. Explain everything to the CSR and be prepared to explain it again. They will advise you about what to do next. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Can you tell me your speculation? 

I wanted to open a case with Paypal but I want to give this seller the benefit of doubt. I told them that I would wait till the end of next week or I'm contacting ebay and paypal. 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

What has led you to think you should open it with PayPal when you are still within the time-frame to do it with eBay?
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Oh, and google 'winit'.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I can't open a case, there's no option for me to click on, I think maybe because the item is marked as delivered. Last time I ordered an item from china and after 2 months (the estimate delivery date) nothing showed up. I tried to open a case but it already expired (makes no sense). So I contacted the seller and they didn't reply. So I opened a case with Paypal and they finally refund me my money. So I thought if I can't with ebay, I will just open with paypal since it worked last time. 

I googled winit, what am I looking for? What do you think happened can you tell me?

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Open your case with PayPal.

I don't hold the answers to what happened here. Winit is a partner of some sort with eBay Asia.

If you google 'winit ebay' you'll get ten hits to read that may shed light on your situation.

Here's one: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Shipping-Returns/Sellers-shows-item-shipped-with-carrier-Winit...
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Thanks, I'll open a case with paypal

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

tracking info is what we need to know, unticking the parcel icon doesn't mean nothing.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

The seller mailed the buyer's parcel to a fulfillment-type centre in China, and uploaded that tracking which shows the order as Delivered.... to a place that is still thousands of miles from the buyer. First leg. This is the reason the buyer has conflicting tracking reports, and problems opening his/her Item Not Received (INR) case. Like I advised the OP, do a Google search for Winit..
Message 11 of 11
latest reply