Seller scammed me out of a refund

I opened a case for an item not as described, returned the item and somehow seller managed to get the case closed having claimed the $312.67 was refunded with a PayPal transaction number and all. Only problem is the PayPal number leads to a 404 page and I don't have $312.67 to my name.

But since the case is "resolved", I can't inquire about it, open a new case, report an issue with the seller or anything? Is there a hotline I can reach Ebay customer support through?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If a paypal refund has been issued to your credit card, it can take a few (two to five) business days to show on your pending transactions. 

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

you can try contacting ebay, but i would recommend you contact paypal, explain the situation and file for a refund through them,

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I would love to contact eBay but all routes lead me back to the resolved case where no more action can be taken.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Contact PayPal.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

Did you fund your payment to the seller with a credit card?  If so, check your credit card statement online to see if a refund shows up there.  

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Yes I did, but nothing shows there as of yet. I'll give another couple days I guess. But I'm already so frustrated with this seller, I just want my money back.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

If a paypal refund has been issued to your credit card, it can take a few (two to five) business days to show on your pending transactions. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thanks I will keep watching.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply