Seller won't send invoice

I bought 2 identical items from a US seller, who does sell international and does list his/her prices for the countries they ship to. When I went to pay, I got this message:

One or more of the items below cannot be purchased because the seller has not specified shipping costs to the location selected. Change your address or remove the items to continue. You may also contact the seller for an exception.

I cannot proceed any farther as the button to continue to the payment process is not available, so therefore I am unable to buy it. I have sent 4 messages requesting an invoice for the total but they have been unanswered thus far. It is quite possible it hasn't been read yet but I am concerned more with any negative repercussions on my side as I have now received 2 messages  from Ebay reminding me to hurry up and pay.

Any comments or advice would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Don't panic.

(See what I did there?)

The seller cannot give you negative feedback.

The seller can open an Unpaid Item Dispute, but your defence is that you have not received an invoice. More likely the seller is just not aware that you have not received an invoice. How many hours or days has it been.?

The seller can't open a UID for at least 48 hours (it used to be 96 hours).

Are you looking for a combined and discounted shipping cost? Or are you happy enough to pay the full advertised amount even if the seller does ship together? 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

In the listing, under the "shipping" tab, it reads:

Shipping cannot be calculated for your area. You can contact the seller for additional shipping costs and services. 

Patience.  Wait for the seller to contact you.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

""Any comments or advice would be appreciated.""

Comments?

Yes.

Ebay has been so busy making it easier for sellers here that it in turn buying here has become increasingly challenging.

What you've described is very common and quite annoying.

On ebay there are no easy answers because it's become complicated beyond belief.

There are no easy solutions any longer because every change they make to fix one issue results in giving birth to several others.

There's is nothing you can do about it but wait until the seller gets around to sending you an invoice.

Four emails with no response:  Very Common.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply