Sellers feedback removed twice!

ubc_man
Community Member

Long time user of eBay here, I am surprised at why sellers are allowed to do anything and there are no repercussions.

I won two auctions 

Seller refuses to ship the items, cancels them by himself, does not tell me anything then goes ahead few days later and relists them at a higher price

I leave two negative feedbacks on his account and both are deleted with minutes! It’s ridiculous, I contacted eBay several times and it’s just words, no action. How can both of my feedback be removed within minutes? That’s not possible. Because I was told we can still leave negative feedback on sellers account even if sale is canceled. And in this case seller canceled without even telling me. This seller also actually asked me to do a private sale outside eBay, which I also reported. And lastly shill bidding, it’s very fishy last minute lots of bidding with accounts with zero ratings and reviews. But bottom line is why is feedback being removed when it’s honest.

my last feedback was literally “ won item, seller refused to ship” and it was removed.

very disappointed in ebay. This needs to be fixed, one of the messages I got back from them was they looked at his account he has 100% rating, well so do I. His past behaviour shouldn’t be a reason for not letting feedback stay. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Some PowerSellers have the perk that no FB can be left for them for seven days after the transaction/ delivery date. 

There are some things that cannot be said in FB. Overlooking the obvious vulgar language and slurs, we can't mention Dispute, resolved or not.

This seller also actually asked me to do a private sale outside eBay, which I also reported.

Good. But eBay will not usually act on a single Report from a single member. They want several complaints because the single member may be a competitor, a vigilante or just wrong.

And lastly shill bidding, it’s very fishy last minute lots of bidding with accounts with zero ratings and reviews.

If a last second bidder wins, that's being outbid not shilling.

If a late bidder retracts his bid, that is a sign of shilling, because the seller will have to pay fees on an auction that does not pay him anything. A very poor business plan.

Zero feedback bidders are attracted to sellers who have high FB scores, since FB is basically a measure of trust.

All of which is why Auctions are a dying part of the eBay brand.

If you want to actually get your item, either use Buy It Now on an Auction, which ends all other bidding, or just joint 85% of the transactions that use Fixed Price.

You see what you will pay, you pay it, the seller ships. No angst.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

There was no vulgar language left, it was straight facts. I won the auctions he refused to ship and canceled the sale one sided without informing me and now relisted the same products at a higher price ( seems like he reduced the price of the re list from 99.99 to 79.99 , perhaps that’s what ebay told him, because that was the original price I had won the item)

and yes shill bidding did take place because he admitted that he would ship the third item that I technically lost and which he artificially bid higher, if I did the sale outside eBay. 

Bottom line is that honest feedback should be allowed to stay and not removed. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

If the facts include mentioning disputes, that will get a FB removed.

What was the wording you used?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

This has happened to me also. Negative FB was literally removed with minutes of being left. E-bay tries to protect its' high-volume sellers regardless of how unethical or crooked they may be.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

eBay customer service is just terrible, I sent the same response 10 different times and because it’s a different person you have to keep repeating yourself. It’s ridiculous and still my feedback is not back.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply