Shipping from Hong Kong to Canada

va3uzi
Community Member

Any Canadian Ebay buyers not receiving their items from Hong Kong?

I have purchased items from 3 Ebayers from Hong Kong and I have been waiting beyond 60 days.

I have contacted the Sellers and have received refunds from them otherwise , opening a case would have been the next step.

I have received other purchases from Shenzhen, China but just seems peculiar.

Anyone else not receiving from Hong Kong?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Shipping from China and Hong Kong has always been slow.

Particularly in low value items with 'free' shipping, the seller is using the cheapest possible service, which is Surface.

Your purchase waits to get in the container going to Canada.

Waits until the container ship is full.

Spends a few weeks on the seas, delivering to several ports in several countries.

Finally gets to Vancouver.

Is held by CBSA as part of the fentanyl - discovery program.

Is turned over to Canada Post, who have put a low priority on Chinese shipments because of an ongoing UPU dispute about international postal fees.

Finally gets into the mail and it delivered.

contacted the Sellers and have received refunds

Which means you have honest sellers.

And most Chinese sellers are.

When your items actually arrive, you can refund the refund using Paypal's Send Money service.

It is worth noting that while you have only 60 days to leave feedback, you can add a Response to any feedback, your own or your seller's indefinitely.

And of course, while eBay's Dispute period is only 30 days after the last estimated date for delivery, Paypal allows disputes for 180 days from payment.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I've had the same issue with not receiving two parcels from Thailand.  I have been refunded but the seller has messaged me that he has had numerous problems with his items not being received in Canada so he won't be shipping to here anymore.  

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Maybe that is the reason. CANADA POST SITTING ON MILLIONS OF PACKAGES FROM CHINA http://community.ebay.ca/t5/User-to-User-Help/CANADA-POST-SITTING-ON-MILLIONS-OF-PACKAGES-FROM-CHINA...
Message 4 of 4
latest reply