Starting to get quite wary about any more purchases through e-bay.

I've made a number of purchases through e-bay in the past year ,, no question they have been excellent purchases and the transaction have been smooth and easy.

I bought two pair of high end golf shoes from a seller in the States, I couldn't find the same shoe in Canada as the actual manufacturer ( Ecco ) was out of stock.

The price delivered to my home in B.C. was $ 303.56 ( everything in ) the same shoe at my local golf retailer was $ 266.98 per pair so a great deal on my part.

But now I'm dealing with a real shifty seller who spouts how high his rating is on e-bay. This seller is deceptive, his advertising is false he sent me product that is defective and e-bay is telling me that " it's my responsibility to cover the cost of return shipping ".

I paid to return the product I bought and now I'm done ,, I've read too many negative posts regarding e-bay and I also have a Pay-Pal account and I'm reading negative comments about Pay-Pal also.

Absolute pure B.S. policy that forces a buyer to pay to return goods to a sleazy seller, goods that because of their defects should never have been shipped in the first place.

It's the old " one bad apple " situation ,, too bad because like I said practically all my dealings have been good.

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Starting to get quite wary about any more purchases through e-bay.

Two posts above the buyer states he does not yet have his refund (money back into his paypal account):8}

Message 21 of 32
latest reply

Well, in my experience with non-delivered/damaged/significantly not as described items (since 2002 I might have had 5 transactions go bad for reason that were seller's fault and not seller's fault).

In one case the item was a laptop computer, and so distant from its description it was pitiful.

I paid to return it to him, and Paypal refunded my original purchase price, plus my original shipping cost to him, and ebay/paypal fees refunded.  And so it ended up that I got all my money back but it took some time.

If you need to send it back, you will get your postage back (ensure of course you return it with a trackable method) in the form of your original shipping fee being refunded to you.

Now if you got free shipping for a heavy item from China, that's another story....

????

You are still out a shipping fee your "logic" (???). You paid item price and original shipping. PayPal pays that back. Then you are out return shipping unless seller refunds that also.

Message 22 of 32
latest reply

Not at all ,,, under no circumstances am I out to " get " the seller, return my money plus my shipping costs and the matter is closed ,, and I do mean closed.

Someone screwed up ,,, I just don't understand this seller's way of doing business and what I really don't like is dealing in good faith ( as I always do ) and being misled.

And if anyone thinks this seller didn't mislead me then they should give their heads a good shake.

Further more I don't know what part of this you don't understand ,, I didn't purchase from a CHINESE seller I purchased from a B.C. seller !

And I am not trying to get anyone into legal trouble as you put it, the seller decieved me, the product is unacceptable, before I take the matter up with e-bay and Pay-Pal just return my money ,, end of story.

What ? am I being unfair here ?

When you purchase an item from a seller does it not state where the product is LOCATED ??

Of course it does ! the seller states the product is LOCATED IN B.C. and he knows that is false.

And the bottom line is simple,,, if I had known I was buying an item from China I would NEVER HAVE BOUGHT IT IN THE FIRST PLACE ,, and I think that sums it it up ,, thanks for your input.

Message 23 of 32
latest reply

I don't know where you get your information from ,, I have filed no case against the seller, I'm prepared to give him ( the seller ) an opportunity to refund my purchase price and the cost to return this product to him.

Message 24 of 32
latest reply

Perhaps you are quite satisfied with purchasing products from overseas with false custom declarations attached ,, I'm not !

And as another member stated " it's not worth it " that, I completely agree with.

Message 25 of 32
latest reply

........... david, if you would take the time to read the advice I've been giving you all along you might have (had/) a d chance at getting your $ back.

What part of it don't I understand?

Actually, I understand your situation very well and have tried to give you tips which might have helped you.

You have never answered the ?:  Is it more than 45 since the date of purchase and payment?

You should have filed a case with papal within 45 days.  If you did not then do so now as I've advised you numerous times.

If it has been more than 45 days and you did not file a case, then if you paid with credit card you should call your credit card company.

If neither those 2 courses of action is available to you, then you have probably been ripped off and there is very little if anything you can do about  it.

IMO You should have returned the item to the BC address and not China as I advised in your first post 3 threads back.

The idea of getting the seller in trouble for the custom's declaration might not be 100% unlikely, but it's close.

Message 26 of 32
latest reply

Thank you,

The tips you forwarded were good advice, it's 16 days now since the date of purchase, I declined to file a case against this seller simply to allow him the opportunity to refund my money.

The item in question has been returned to an address in B.C. provided by the seller, I don't know what would give you the impression I reurned it to China ??

And again, I have no intention of getting anyone in trouble regarding false custom declarations, I do have certain options open to me ,, all I want to conclude this transaction is my funds paid back to my account.

Also, in the interest of being fair I presented to the seller the opportunity to replace the defective item ,, he declined.

His reason was that " I complain too much " his take on complaining differs from mine !

I did not complain ,, I questioned which I had the perfect right to do as I had paid this seller and I questioned his advertising which really peed him off ,, too bad !

Message 27 of 32
latest reply

Ya man seems like you found a bad apple and I side with you but even though the seller should pay return shipping it is always stated who pays return shipping so you having to pay return shipping should not be an issue it was most likely obviously stated ...

i have had my share of purchases like your i know where your coming from but by chance is this seller a high volume seller because like many big guys they never have the time to check everything out and what i mean by that is if the seller has 3000 pairs of shoes for sale good chance they would not notice the defects making what happen an accident..

on the other hand if something is not as stated I always pay return shipping for my customers...

good luck in the future mad and don't let one bad apple ruin it for you ... the more experience you get you will be able to spot the bad apples or strange listing etc...sometimes you will have dropshippers as well so they may be located in say BC but the actual item might be shipped from china..

Message 28 of 32
latest reply

I get your point and I thank you for your response. Of course defects can happen that's perfectly understandable.

I don't give a rat's backside what their policy is, if I am shopping for a particular item and the information advises me that the product is located in B.C. then that is exactly where I'm buying the product from.

The words " dropshippers " or " China " was never mentioned I had no indication whatsoever I was buying an item out of China because, as I stated previously, if I had known that I would have never entered into a transaction with this seller.

In my opinion there is something radically wrong with e-bay's policy that would allow this type of situation to continue.

I noted a previous buyer had the same complaint about this seller but he ( the seller ) is allowed to continue to post " Item location ,, ---------- B.C. "

I don't agree with that type advertising at all ,,,, do you ?

Message 29 of 32
latest reply

"there is something radically wrong with e-bay's policy that would allow this type of situation to continue."

Unfortunately, it will continue as long as buyers like yourself do not file actual claims through eBay/PayPal.

eBay has no way to know about the problem unless every buyer properly reports the infractions through the proper channels.

Let's not blame eBay here. That is not where the problem is.  It is clearly with the seller wrongly stating the "location" of the item.

Message 30 of 32
latest reply

I don't agree with that type of advertising either and doubt that anyone does.

For now there is really no practical way to fix the problem...........

But the way technology is advancing I don't think it will be long before that type of thing  is under control.

But Not Today!

Message 31 of 32
latest reply

I have, as I'm sure you are aware, sufficient time to file a claim against this seller if this situation is not resolved to my satisfaction.

For your information, this seller has been reported for claiming the product is located in B.C. and also for advertising " allow 3-5 days for delivery ".

So in my opinion e-bay and / or Pay-Pal is aware of this situation but I have no desire to jump up and down pointing fingers at e-bay.

I find e-bay an excellent way of shopping for items that are hard to find, or are simply not available where I live.

As a prime example, I purchased a new high end golf club ( driver ) the item was shipped via USPS to my home in B.C.

I did pay duty and taxes, total cost including shipping was $ 228.84 the local golf outlet had this club on " sale " for $329.99 plus tax which would give us approx. $ 363.90.

Yes I certainly have had some very good dealings with sellers on e-bay, unfortunately this issue that I have pending at this time is leaving a rather bad taste in my mouth.

Message 32 of 32
latest reply