Tracking and Order Completion

jo429254
Community Member
Why is the tracking SO TERRIBLE for items coming from India? I purchased three products, all from different sellers. They all arrived but the quality of the tracking was poor and months after items were delivered they still show Shipped and not delivered. How can ebay allow this?
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

eBay doesn't require sellers to send with tracking. If they did, a lot of Canadian sellers would not be selling small, lower cost items here.  eBay does protect buyers if the item  is not received and there is no delivery confirmation.

Since you did see some tracking, the seller may have used a service that didn't have trackng in Canada.   Some services may have tracking in one country but not the other.  

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

I agree with @pjcdn2005 that these sellers may be using shipping methods (in particular international Registered Mail) that aren't required to be tracked once inside Canada.  Assuming these items are being sent through the mail, do you see this same information when you check the tracking on the Canada Post and India Post websites?

For what it's worth, I've received several items from the United States that have only received an acceptance scan or pre-shipment notification and nothing else.  It's one factor that's led me to conclude that we buyers don't need tracking nearly as much as sellers do.  Tracking doesn't magically ensure that we receive our items, doesn't speed up their transit, and doesn't protect them from damage.  

I realize it's annoying to have those items show up on your purchase history as still in transit, but at the end of the day, you've received those items.  I'd just carry on with my day.  Happy Easter!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

To protect your sanity Never Watch Tracking.

Just mark your calendar with the last estimated date for delivery and trust it will arrive.

FWIW, the Indian postal system is not very good and it is one of the four countries I have Blocked  since, as @pjcdn2005  I rarely use expensive international tracking.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply