Unable to add tracking number and carrier to my request in resolution center

jpdjb5
Community Member

I got a message from an Ebay representative asking me to include the tracking number provided by the seller in my request in the resolution center and I got messages about tracking number, and carrier, are not recognized. I just have 7 days left to write those informations and I can't.

I did a check on this board and saw many others got the same troubles last mounths or years. Why Ebay didn't fix the bug at this time ?

Someone have an idea to resolve this without contact  Ebay "in person" at phone ?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Unable to add tracking number and carrier to my request in resolution center

if you are the buyer, you shouldn't have to include any tracking information,,, that has to be supplied by the seller, and it is up to them to enter it into the system, for a resolution..

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: Unable to add tracking number and carrier to my request in resolution center

I'm the buyer. The Ebay representative asking me  to put the return info because the seller gave me a prepaid return label with my name as sender.

I think the bug come from the shipper. I got the item via Postes Canada and the seller use a Fedex for the return label. Maybe the system don't understand why the original shipper is not the same for shipping back.

Now, I just make a mistake few minutes ago : after I wrote the tracking number, I forgot to select "Another shipper" and the request be done with Canada Post as shipper. The system has accepted the request... I have to repair this now. What a kind of misery with the eBay automatic system. The hardest way for a customer service.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Did you enter the tracking number without spaces?

Have you checked on the FedEx website to see if the number is valid?

-..-

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I have done all you suggest. The tracking number is valid and up to date (The box is en route). I wrote a mail to ebay representative and she made the correction for me. Hope now that's will be right.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply