Unknown carrier in "Your package is in transit with the carrier, Canada"

ngu_7250
Community Member

I need your help.

My package sent from Italy from December 5 to Canada, but until to day December 29, the tracking infor on ItalianePoste dated December 16 is "Your package is in transit with the carrier, Canada" with no update at all. The carier being shipped my package is unknown to me as the given Tracking number did not work on any tracking tool of CanadaPost, UPS, FeDex, DHL, USPS etc. Did you experience this issue? and what is the real carrier?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@ngu_7250 wrote:

I need your help.

My package sent from Italy from December 5 to Canada, but until to day December 29, the tracking infor on ItalianePoste dated December 16 is "Your package is in transit with the carrier, Canada" with no update at all. The carier being shipped my package is unknown to me as the given Tracking number did not work on any tracking tool of CanadaPost, UPS, FeDex, DHL, USPS etc. Did you experience this issue? and what is the real carrier?

Thank you!

@ngu_7250 

You can try the following link to see if your tracking number is found. It is possible the order was sent with an untracked service and that is why it is not displaying. 

https://parcelsapp.com/

https://www.ordertracker.com/

-Lotz

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

If it was sent with Italian Post, it should be delivered through Canada Post. Does the tracking number start with RE? If so, it was sent as registered mail and Canada Post does not scan international registered mail.  

I suspect that this time of year international mail is slow so it is likely  still on its way. You can file an item not received claim through eBay the day after the estimated delivery date. You have 30 days after that date to open a claim so it's probably best to wait a week or so befire you do start a claim.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Thanks for your help. I have tried several tracking links and yours but all show the same status "Your package is in transit with the carrier, Canada" without any update since December 16.

I should wait for some days more, after that I may ask for refund.

Thank you!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Thanks for your help. No, my tracking number start with ZA and end with IT. If Canada Post is the carrier, it does not scan international registered mail as you say.

I should wait for some days more, after that I may ask for a refund.

Thank you!

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@ngu_7250 wrote:

Thanks for your help. I have tried several tracking links and yours but all show the same status "Your package is in transit with the carrier, Canada" without any update since December 16.

I should wait for some days more, after that I may ask for refund.

Thank you!

@ngu_7250 

One other thing to consider. Not all mail is filtered directly between countries. (Italy ---Canada) Often it can pass through several. If it happens to "go through" the UK Royal Mail has rotating strikes going on with major backlogs. That could add to any delay. It's also a good idea to have extra patience at this time of year. With major backlogs the estimates are best case scenarios. When/if a parcel is a bit late the seller had very little control once it left their hands.

-Lotz

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

What date did eBay give you as the last estimated date for delivery?

And what does "estimated" mean to you?

That a shipment from Europe to Canada should take 24 calendar days that includes three weekends and at least one national holiday (December 26) should be no surprise even in mid-summer, never mind the busiest shipping period of the year.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Hi, the last estimated date for delivery on eBay was December 19. It is already late over 10days.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Thank you. Following its tracking at origin, it goes through Italy--> Germany --> USA --> Canada. My parcel has been en route in Canada scince December 9. Tracking updated upto December 16. After this date, no information has been updated.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Ebays international estimated delivery dates are often unrealistic, especially this time of year.  It is totally up to you but I usually wait a month after it has been shipped to out in a claim for an overseas shipment. But I realize that it is frustrating not knowing what is going on, especially when tracking suddenly stops.  

Since tracking does not start with RE it isn't registered mail so I have no idea why tracking hasn't updated.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply