Waiting ALL DAY for CANPAR 3rd party private courier they used. Expensive item not here 7:30PM

I have been waiting all day for a "canpar" truck to deliver an Item I payed $1500 for.

It said out for delivery this morning. Ay 5 pm I wanted to have a shower and get pickup dinner....nope.

I phoned canpar and they say some "Daniel" guy was bringing the package as a private courier, I assume like amazon uses, some guy this a beater delivering for them.

The agent said it will be here for sure and a signature was requested by the sender.

Its 7:36, I'm hungry and I stink, I have been watching my cameras all day for this guy.

So what do I do now? I went outside and looked 15 times just to be sure.

Do I report an item not received? This is pretty annoying and stressing me out.

I'm also not impressed with the GSP using bargain basement couriers to deliver my goods.

thanks

2021143.jpg

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Waiting ALL DAY for CANPAR 3rd party private courier they used. Expensive item not here 7:30PM

It came on Monday. thanks

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

9:49 no change or update

6906665bdc.jpg

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

Just before Christmas, I ordered an electronic keyboard (the musical kind, not the typewriter/computer kind) from a shop in Quebec.  (I'm in British Columbia.)  I went with the "free" shipping option which turned out to be Canpar.  I also had the item go undelivered when the tracking stated "out for delivery."  It arrived the next business day instead. 

You'll probably see it on Monday.

As far as the GSP going with "bargain basement shippers," one of the biggest complaints about the GSP from Canadian buyers has been how pricey its shipping charges are, but I get the sense that most of these complainers don't realize that the GSP's shipping charges actually include a charge from the seller to get the item to Kentucky in the first place.  I think we kinda brought this on ourselves.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

2021146.jpg

6744b989.gif

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@marnotom! wrote:

Just before Christmas, I ordered an electronic keyboard (the musical kind, not the typewriter/computer kind) from a shop in Quebec.  (I'm in British Columbia.)  I went with the "free" shipping option which turned out to be Canpar.  I also had the item go undelivered when the tracking stated "out for delivery."  It arrived the next business day instead. 

You'll probably see it on Monday.

As far as the GSP going with "bargain basement shippers," one of the biggest complaints about the GSP from Canadian buyers has been how pricey its shipping charges are, but I get the sense that most of these complainers don't realize that the GSP's shipping charges actually include a charge from the seller to get the item to Kentucky in the first place.  I think we kinda brought this on ourselves.

If/when GSP chooses to use another courier for end of the road deliveries, costs to buyer do not go down nor does speed increase. If there are any savings that is going back to GSP.

-Lotz

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

If/when GSP chooses to use another courier for end of the road deliveries, costs to buyer do not go down nor does speed increase. If there are any savings that is going back to GSP.

We've got to shake this notion of the GSP being wedded to only one last-mile carrier in Canada.  I think those shipping rates, like the import charges, are estimates based on a number of factors and "worst case scenarios."  I don't think a last-mile carrier is assigned until the item reaches Erlanger and a human being can properly eyeball the package, the listing, and the shipping information.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

It came on Monday. thanks

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for letting us know, @leaky-bucket-labs. I was going to check in yesterday but got sidetracked.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply