Where is my returned item? Need updates on it but I can't find it....

Hi!

I recently returned an item that I purchased using eBay's return/refund system. Now I want to check the status or check if there are any updates, and I just can't find it...

If I go to "purchase history", it's not there. Tried a few other links in "My eBay", but found nothing. It's just like if it never existed. Is there a returned items section? Where are they?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Where is my returned item? Need updates on it but I can't find it....

It doesn't.

I suspect you never opened a Dispute.

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

Well, if I remember correct, what I did is I went to my selling history, then besides the item, I clicked the link saying "return this item". After, I was sent to a wizard where I am put into communication with the seller and where I enter the reasons why I want to return, with the option to upload pictures.

After everything was agreed on between the seller and me, eBay sent me an email telling me to send the item back. From that email, I was able to click a link that sent me to a page where I could mark the item as shipped and enter a tracking number if I wanted and see any status update from the seller. This is the page I was looking for. I've been able to go back to it to check status by clicking the link in the email, but I was never able to go back searching through my eBay control panel...
Message 22 of 28
latest reply

Oh yes, and if this can help, in the "return wizard", there was a place where I selected a reason why I wanted to return the product, like "Not as described", "Broken", and I chose "It doesn't fit"... And after this the buyer and I sent a few messages back and forth through this wizard and he agreed to refund me...

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

So have you gone to Paypal ?

As you have been told to?

Or are you going to keep on doing what doesn't work?

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

There is a glitch on eBay and I have had the same issue. My returns are missing.

Have a look in your My eBay Messages and hopefully the link/message for the case is still there. The messages folder is seperate from the emails they sent, so hopefully a copy is still there with a link that will take you to the case.

Failing that you can call eBay, a rather long process but they might be able to help.
Message 25 of 28
latest reply

@nvigate.systems wrote:
There is a glitch on eBay and I have had the same issue. My returns are missing.

Have a look in your My eBay Messages and hopefully the link/message for the case is still there. The messages folder is seperate from the emails they sent, so hopefully a copy is still there with a link that will take you to the case.

Failing that you can call eBay, a rather long process but they might be able to help.

Thanks for tip! I was actually able to retrieve the return looking into my eBay messages (on eBay's website). I had not thought about this because as soon as I read the messages, I archive them... so there was no messages in my inbox. I went to my archive and it was there!

But also I had forgotten about this issue because in the meanwhile, the seller refunded me and everything ended up fine, so the return "re-appeared" when I got the message with the refund accepted.

Thanks!

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

So I gave everyone a "accepted as solution", because everyone gave some good tips...

• Check personal records, paper receipts from carrier to retrieve parcel information / seller information suggested by femmefan1946.
  • Call customer service suggested by mjwl2006momcqueen.
  • Check Paypal transaction suggested by reallynicestamps.
  • Check eBay's "Messages" section in "My eBay" to search for a copy of the deleted email containing the return information suggest by nvigate.systems.

Thanks all!

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

You're welcome. I'm happy to hear the issue was, in the end, resolved. 

Message 28 of 28
latest reply