Why do I have to file a return for every part of a purchase?

Short and sweet, for some reason when I go to a sale and try to do a return it seems to require me to do each part of the purchase separate (I ordered several pieces from the same seller.) 

This is extremely annoying as it was a single sale and I just want a full refund of the complete order- not have to fill out the same refund request four separate times.  I already feel poop for having to ask for a refund but the sale was several lockets and the glass is all foggy/cloudy which is very different than the images provided. It's a flaw/manufacturing defect. 

I just want to request a return for whole order, not have to do each part separately. ; A;

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Why do I have to file a return for every part of a purchase?

Was each part priced and listed separately?

If so, even if you bought them all at the same time and from the same seller, each is a separate sale.

Coming from the other end-- if only one part had been unsatisfactory would you have been happy to be told you have to return all your purchases in that order to get any refunds?

Another example: When you take a pile of recently purchased dresses back to Winners, the clerk has to refund each one separately. She is trained to do this with a minimum of fuss but it will still take time to refund for each garment, even if at the end you get one payout. 

You can let the seller know that you are willing to return all the unwanted items in one package to save both of you time and money.  (In any case, I believe she cannot send you more for the return shipping than she spent. I'm willing to be wrong on that.)

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

(In any case, I believe she cannot send you more for the return shipping than she spent. I'm willing to be wrong on that.)

Sorry but you're wrong on that. 🙂

That only applies in certain situations and if the seller uses ebay to print the label and to send a return label. So in other words, it doesn't apply to anyone outside of the US.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for the clarification.

It did sound a little weird, especially internationally since every postal system has its own rates. canada post.jpg

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Thanks for the clarification.

It did sound a little weird, especially internationally since every postal system has its own rates. canada post.jpg

Or the Union!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply