Wrong confirmed shipping address

mitcbos29
Community Member
Hello everyone,

I ordered a package from California on november 7th and was expected to receive it on november 28th with the GSP because I live in Ontario, Canada. But to my late knowledge it turns out my email address was in place of my actual street address. It was shipped so quickly I didn't even have time to notice. The package arrived here in Ontario with Canada Post trying to deliver it but was un able to because of the wrong address. PBI (Pitney Bowes International) sent me an email about the incorrect address and to choose the right one on November 20th. The package was re-delivered back to the sender (PBI) on November 27th in Mississauga and has been sitting in their facility since then and has not had an updated tracking information. The weird thing here is Canada Post has an estimated delivery time of December 4th BUT the package is not in their possession, it's with PBI. And Canada Post can't comment on it further. The seller/ebay knows about this and is completely up to date on all of this and says to wait it out.

I don't see any relating forums that accurately describe my problem on here otherewise I wouldn't be making this. And to the forums that some what relate to my problem, they end up losing their package with out recieving anything. To make it clear though, I do not want a refund I want the package.

Anyways, my question is if I can do anything else on my side to help this process along or to get some kind of clarity on what might happen.

Thanks for reading and for any answers!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Wrong confirmed shipping address

Call Pitney Bowes directly at 1-866-235-9627 Option 1 then option 2. They will ask for your GSP tracking number that begins with UPAA.

The fact that your e-mail address shows as your mailing address would clearly be an issue with eBay/PBI backend provided you verify there is no e-mail address listed in your shipping addresses on file.

They messed up more likely. Also of note is that it is in their discretion whether they will resend. They may simply tell you to open a case for refund. They don't waste time on things.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Call Pitney Bowes directly at 1-866-235-9627 Option 1 then option 2. They will ask for your GSP tracking number that begins with UPAA.

The fact that your e-mail address shows as your mailing address would clearly be an issue with eBay/PBI backend provided you verify there is no e-mail address listed in your shipping addresses on file.

They messed up more likely. Also of note is that it is in their discretion whether they will resend. They may simply tell you to open a case for refund. They don't waste time on things.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Once the shipment is delivered to the GSP/PBI plant in Kentucky the seller is no longer responsible for delivery.

That's on GSP/Pitney Bowes alone.

PBI brings the shipment across the border where normally it would be passed to Canada Post* for delivery.

But there is a backlog in Southern Ontario (Gateway/Mississauga) due to the labour disruptions.

Tracking gives the last place the shipment was recorded, not where it is.

But it probably is being held by PitneyBowes, as requested by Canada Post management before the workers were ordered back.

GSP (spit spit spit) is actually very good about delivery. They are dealing with an unusual situation.

Canada Post has an estimated delivery time of December 4th

And today is SATURDAY December first.

Canada Post may be optimistic, but you have until Tuesday before you should be worrying at all.

Tracking is a Seller Protection.

It really does nothing for the Buyer, except give her the warm fuzzies when it goes right and anguish and angst when it doesn't.

*Sometimes GSP/PB uses CanPar or FedEx, which we know because we see reports of problems with them from time to time. But then, we really only see reports of problems at any point.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Hello,
Thank you both for those replies with advice. I called the number drummond.studios gave me and PBI was able to give me a straight forward answer with out any hassle what so ever. The wait time in between when the parcel will be delivered is anywhere from 1-6 weeks but at least I have a piece of mind now, knowing my parcel is not lost or un-deliverable. With out that number I would have been beating my self up over this, as this is not a cheap package. The best thing of all though, is that they answer on weekends it seems.

I hope this post helps other people in similar situations as me, since that number is not easily found on google or other forums.

Thanks again!
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Hey I'm going through the same thing right now and am wondering how long it took for the package to arrive?

Thanks

Jeff

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 6 of 6
latest reply