bought new plates that are flawed

I bought a set of 4 Royal Stafford Christmas plates from US to Canada. As soon as I got them I checked them out of course. It was like these plates were seconds. Of course they all had the dimples on the back that were made by the pin it sits on when they fired. One has a small square piece of ceramic the got atthached to the back of the plate before it was fired. (not having a clean worksight) It's not very big but it is sharp enough to scratch plates that sit under it. Most the plates have a point in the center of the plate that is on the face of the plate and there is some rough like bits of glaze stuck on the plate on the sides and all over depending on the plate. Not one is smoothe. I am comparing them to other Royal Stafford's plates  I already own.  Last time I seen the center point on a plate was from a Royal Albert plate. I sent them pictures and then I was sent a new plate. The person I am dealing with here on ebay is calling it a blemish and doesn't sound like he wants to do anything about it. I didn't even complain about the other plates just the one the could do damage to the other ones if someone happens to place it on top.  But now I my think I should send the all back. What should I do? The Plates can't really can't be fixed and it does weck the look of the finish on these plates. These plate are supposed to be new. It makes me mad at the price I paid for both items and shipping. They should have noticed these plates before mailing them. I'm not sure what to do next here.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

bought new plates that are flawed

You are covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

Since the seller is being obtuse, open a Not As Described claim.

Even if the seller has a No Returns policy, they still make Refunds.

Whether they like it or not.

The seller does have the right to demand the return of the plates (even with a No Returns policy) but he must send you Return Shipping.

Some sellers panic at this point, since they don't know how to send a Canada Post shipping label.

This will give them an idea if they just want to send money to cover your cost for return.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/tools/find-a-rate.page

Or.

They can ask eBay to step in and send the label for them.

Or

They can buy Canada Post labels on Shippo .com from the USA and possibly other sites, like Pirateship.

You can find a link to the MBG and claims on your original invoice.

Come back if you have problems.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply