eBay Seller not responding to questions about an item

The seller is not answering any messages

I'm  very curious to know what he is doing on eBay if he is not willing to answer a Basic question about an item he is selling

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@ingodwetrust4everjohn 

It does boggle the mind why "some" sellers seem to refuse to respond to mail. Sadly it boils down to 1 of several possibilities. 

Either they choose/can't be bothered to, they may have it set up in settings to block certain types of mail (Have found that with a few large sellers that I guess receive oodles of mail and just don't feel it is worth their time), they've inadvertently blocked mail in the past and now their system is blocking all eBay mail or it has something to do with a spam blocker in their settings.

All in all, very frustrating for a buyer just looking for answers before making a purchase or after a purchase has been made. I've even had it in reverse trying to send a message to a buyer and no response whatsoever. Its too bad eBay didn't have some sort of "Hey, your message has been received and/or read" program built into their mail messaging system. I have that for gmail and works 98% of the time. Much better than sitting around waiting for answers that may never come.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@ingodwetrust4everjohn wrote:

The seller is not answering any messages

I'm  very curious to know what he is doing on eBay if he is not willing to answer a Basic question about an item he is selling

If you don't get an answer, move along, as that will be some indication that any after-purchase communication will work just as badly.

The seller might only answer once a week, they might be without internet, they might be in hospital, they might be dead. Fixed price listings just keep getting relisted by ebay until someone at the Seller end stops the listing -- so Zombie listings are also possible under ebay's recent automatic renewal process.

-..-

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

How I can move along if he only has this item

Also, the same seller I'm referring to, he sells on Amazon and he never responds to any question in there

I'm hoping one day eBay will have a policy to warn the seller that doesn't respond for banning from selling on eBay
Message 4 of 4
latest reply