last purchase ill make from a GSP seller...

wwgerber
Community Member

so besides the forced import fees (which is fine, since its legal) 

-it adds a week for my packages to actually make it into the system (to come to Ontario Canada)

-the tracking is garbage, a normal USPS number I can enter on Canadapost and it will track it in the USA and update it with the Canadapost info when it comes into Canada

-packages seem to flip flop, KY OH KY ... no wonder it takes so long to actually make it into the shipping system

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

last purchase ill make from a GSP seller...

marnotom!
Community Member
The Global "Shipping" Program is more like a forwarding service. Sellers send their packages to Kentucky the way they would a package to a US buyer, the GSP forwards it as part of a freight shipment to Mississauga (usually), and the logistics company assigned to your package sends it out to you (usually by Canada Post) from their Mississauga warehouse.

If the seller chooses a rubbish shipping method for getting the item to Kentucky, that's going to affect its transit. It sounds to me as though your seller used UPS economy to get the item to Kentucky and it spent some time in Ohio before reaching Kentucky.

On Saturday I purchased a cellphone from a seller just outside of Los Angeles that's going to be handled by the GSP. I also purchased a case for the phone from a seller in San Francisco that's supposedly going to go by USPS First Class International. I live on Vancouver Island.

Why am I going to put up with the phone heading east to Kentucky, north to Mississauga before heading west to Vancouver Island? It's a straight shot north from LA, just as it is from San Francisco, five hours north of LA by road. The case is going to reach me ages before the phone, right?

Call me crazy, but I think the phone is going to get to me first. Why? Because I don't think the case is going by conventional USPS First Class Mail International. Bear with me while I explain. The shipping price for the phone was US$3.00. You can't ship anything FCMI for that price.

Unless. . .

It could be being shipped by an international mail consolidator. The tracking code starts with "UJ" which is not a conventional USPS prefix for FCMI. The code is in the USPS database, though, so I don't think it's a "case" of it being shipped from China.

My wife had a purchase from A-nother site that was shipped from California through a mail consolidator and it took its time meandering up the west coast by ground, as opposed to making a trip by air to Vancouver International Airport. It took about two weeks to get to our house. I think my case is going to do the same thing.

Unless the seller of the phone has chosen a pretty slow means of shipping the item out to Kentucky, I think it's going to be in Canada, and likely on Vancouver Island, before the case.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply