A CHRISTIAN THREAD

tom_no.1
Community Member
Welcome to a place where Christ should be exalted and "Self" should be abased!!

Welcome to a place where the BIBLE can be discussed rationally, intelligently, and positively without unnecessary argument!!

Welcome to a place where prayer can be requested and encouraged!!

Welcome to a place where positive and encouraging thoughts from scripture can be shared in a caring and loving way!!

Welcome to a place away from all the arguments, recriminations, and negativity of the outside world!!

Welcome to a place of rest and safety!!

Welcome to a place where Philippians 2:3 is practiced: "Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves."

Welcome to this Christian thread.

(Please leave all aggression, bitterness, and philosophy outside the door and please wipe your feet before coming inside!!)

I live in my own little world. But it's OK... They know me Here!

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. Eph.6:11.
Eph.6:10-17.
Message 1 of 5,136
latest reply
5,135 REPLIES 5,135

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

Did you hear the one about the person that said all bats should be shunned and killed because they didn’t believe in the holy pigeon?

Na, I suppose not……it’s not that funny.

Life’s all about perspective.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket
Message 3141 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

One time, before church I was talking to the priest and we were joking around and he said a few funny things and I did too, anyway he said something that had me cry-laughing..

Ok, I compose myself..right...we go into church and he is reading.

so

he tells a simple joke and no one laughs..but

I am still trying to keep it together from before...and I lose it all over again. So everyone is staring at me in horror...my wife has no clue about before...only the priest and I know why I am losing it.

so he says loudly , in the mic...Bruce....I guess that exorcism didn't take.

I howled and had to leave.

so

I guess while I was outside he told them what had happened....and then I hear lots of laughter inside.
Message 3142 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

Deacon, You have a very long memory. Well done.
Message 3143 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

thetickletrunk
Community Member
Good morning to all! Its just beautiful out there! I was taking some pics, trying to be prepared the next sale but its too nice for that LOL! Have to enjoy this lovely day before summer is truly over!

Hope its great in your neck of the woods too! TTYL!

----------------------
Have a nice day! 🙂
Message 3144 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

neat stuff that is a great story.
Message 3145 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

I liked the video Bruce, I see however ol' JC has gained a pound or 3

"My lifestyle determines my deathstyle"
Message 3146 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

((((Lucie)))) I agree, who is making the joke is important. The spirit behind a comment can be very different.

Welcome Bruce.

TOB--hope all is going really well in Barkyville.

Christine--enjoy your lovely summer day.

Hi Ralph!

Neatstuff, nice story.

Gorgeous Fall day here (yes I know it is not officially Fall, but the sea is like glass, the leaves are turning colour and the Canadian Geese honk all night). On our errands, we stopped and bought corn and apples from the farms and orchards. We got huge peaches yesterday--ripe and juicy. Missing summer, but I do love Autumn.
Message 3147 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

valve37
Community Member
Good question and a good read for all!

Jonathan Falwell
Date: September 7, 2007

Are You What You Appear to Be?

“The shortest and surest way to live with honor in the world is to be in reality what we would appear to be.” — Socrates

I occasionally hear people say that they are not interested in becoming a Christian because they see how some Christians live their lives. They look at people around them who claim to be Christians and see nothing different than the way the rest of the world lives. The question that pops into their mind is this: Why do I need to be a Christian if they’re no different than me?

Such observations are tragic. The fact is that we never know when people are observing us. Oftentimes, people are seen going to church on Sunday and then choosing to live apart from their faith the rest of the week. Their private persona contradicts their public persona and hypocrisy becomes a way of life.

It has been said that we (Christians) are the only Bibles that some people read. But if we are not living our lives in servitude to Christ, we may well be personally poisoning people’s perception of the Gospel.

As Christians, it behooves us to live out our faith 24/7 and to understand that we may be under the microscope at any given moment. Genesis 17:1b says, “I am Almighty God; walk before Me and be blameless.” In other words, Christians should spend every day attempting to live blamelessly before God. And, we should also live blamelessly before others.

But is it even possible to live a blameless or faultless life?

Of course not. We are all victims of our fleshly nature.

Certainly we cannot fully live out our faith on our own. Attempting to do so is nothing beyond a prescription for failure.

Living lives of diligent faith can be accomplished only when we completely trust God to be preeminent in our lives.

This begins with daily prayer and Bible reading so that our hearts are prepared to be worthy representatives of Christ at home, in the workplace and in our backyards. This also begins by being honest with ourselves, identifying our weaknesses and casting those cares upon Christ, knowing that we cannot address our own flaws and inadequacies apart from Him.

Robert Murray M’Cheyne (1813-1843) said, “What a man is alone on his knees before God, that he is, and no more.”

Apart from Scripture, there may be no more powerful statement ever made regarding the Christian life. It cuts to the core of our beings.

We cannot lie before God or bargain with Him because He knows our every thought and motive. At the same time, He is also our great advocate who wants to forgive our sins and to facilitate our quest for holiness.

Here is the greatest thing about the Christian life: we have the Spirit of God living within us. In John 14:17, Jesus stated, “… but ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you and shall be with you.”

What comfort He gives in trying times.

What encouragement He gives in difficult times.

What wisdom He gives in uncertain times.

What friendship He gives in lonely times.

In return, should we not be living our lives so that others want to understand the joys of knowing Christ?

If indeed the Spirit of God lives within us, we have a source of strength that allows us to live above our capabilities; we can actually live beyond ourselves through Christ.

And so through Him, we can overcome anger problems, marriage and family dilemmas, job-related difficulties, bitterness or any other struggle that plagues our lives and prevent us from being strong ambassadors for Christ. Only when we take on “the whole armor of God” (Ephesians 6:13) can the Spirit of God then take hold of our lives.

So then, when we serve God in sincerity and in truth (Joshua 24:14), not only can we live victoriously, we don’t have to wonder if people who are observing us are seeing a proper picture of the Christian life.

Imagine the impact we could have on our nation if every Christian chose to live a life in accordance with Philippians 1:21: “For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.” If we all could live in this way in politics, in business and in our families, we would see a much different society than the one in which we now live.
"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 3148 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, ho hum ......

"My lifestyle determines my deathstyle"
Message 3149 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

here, this is more appropriate..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3Agm5ztO1s
Message 3150 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

thetickletrunk
Community Member
Morning All! Even though it rained during the night, today the lake is still, and everything is green so its all good. I can see the blue sky peeking in through the clouds. How was everyones night? Hope you are all enjoying your weekend! TTYL!

----------------------
Have a nice day! 🙂
Message 3151 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

cats1953
Community Member
Morning Christine,

It looks like the rain has come down the 401 as we are getting some now. I am sure the trees and grass are dancing for joy as it has been extremely dry this summer.

I am going to spend some of my time today with a bird book. Last week I had about 50 birds land in the front yard at once. All but one of them looked identical. The lone bird looked very similar to the rest but he had a spot of red feathers on the top of his head. During the fall we can get hundreds of birds landing on our street at the same time. It is quite dramatic but you don't want to be driving when they are coming down.

Hoping that everyone has a lovely day.

Nancy
Message 3152 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

technotigercat
Community Member
The best book that I have found that makes it easy to identify birds is the "National Audobon Society Field Guide to North American Birds". My book has got a lot of use for the past number of years. <>
<>
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
<>
<>
Photobucket
Message 3153 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

tough_old_bird
Community Member
It's raining in Barkyville as well. The air conditioning is shut off and the windows are open. Nothing like the smell and sound of rain. 🙂

Yesterdays yard sale was a great success. Somehow I ended up feeding the neighbours....banana muffins with hot coffee at breakfast, grilled mortadella and cheese sandwiches and chicken wings at lunch, and then a container of peanut butter cookies was passed around after supper. There is something to say for living in the 'hood'. It's very different than my neighbourhood but it's been okay.:-D

Hope everyone has a blessed Sunday :-x
Message 3154 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

valve37
Community Member
"here, this is more appropriate.."

I would say it goes hand in hand Bruce, inspirational and thought provoking, thanks for that. "You are what you were when you were value programmed, up to about ten years old."
"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 3155 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

wattie515
Community Member

"Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others, cannot keep it from themselves." -- Sir James M. Barrie
Photobucket
Message 3156 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

wattie515
Community Member
I am so sorry.......had the wrong gif pasted...will try again.......:^O

"Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others, cannot keep it from themselves." -- Sir James M. Barrie
Photobucket
Message 3157 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

wattie515
Community Member

Photobucket
Message 3158 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

spendmama
Community Member
LOL, Shirley!! made me read back to see what you were so cheerleading cheery for!!! :)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Too blessed to be stressed.

Photobucket
Knowledge is not enough, we must apply; willing is not enough, we must do. - Unknown
Message 3159 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

thetickletrunk
Community Member
Yeah.

Afternoon all! It turned out to be a sunny day afterall! Hope you are all outside enjoying it!

----------------------
Have a nice day! 🙂
Message 3160 of 5,136
latest reply