A Successful Christmas Gift Wise for my Other Half. In Her Good Books Which is Always A Good Thing

Just gave my other half her Christmas Gifts  for this year.   And it was a success!   Got the right things for her.  I am thrilled with her reaction.   This year she started collecting Small Vintage  Canadian Peanut Butter Pails. Is fascinated with them .

Not easy to find especially Off Line. They are very Hot Items right Now.  Find them online at times but usually missing Handles lids etc. Offline they are usually snapped up fast

Last summer found 3 Hard To find ones and thought Great Christmas Shopping for her is done for the year. That did not work. Each time I found one brought it in fully expecting to Hide them for the Big Day.  Each time instead of hiding them Walked in and said "Guess What I Found"  ?  So much for Christmas

As Christmas approached could not find any. Exhausted every Resource I had.  Talking to a friend about 3 weeks ago told her what I was looking for in her and she had some in her own collection. She told me she really did not need them anymore.   The next week she showed them to me   BINGO!  We needed them. Problem Solved. 

Got three harder to find ones  including one I had never heard of .  From a Canadian Company they produced beautiful PB Tins but  thought they had only done 4 of them . Got one with fantastic Graphics with a Tin Handle on the side. When empty this could be used as a cup

Have fought with myself every minute of the day since getting them  not showing them to her

She often looks for them online and every once in awhile find ones she would love to have but usually it's Condition that stops us. Have to shake my head  we have had some of them but Sold them beforehand when she was not Collecting. Now the challenge is to find them again. These ones I found has made a good dent in ones she no longer needs. Course if I find them again will get them for resale

She has seen 2  she really wants.   These are scarcer than Hens Teeth.  Both are  expensive  one ranging in the $1500.00 range the other usually around the $800 to $1000 range.  Know where there is one that is the most expensive but cannot bring myself around to deal with the guy who has it.   One of the rudest individuals I have ever met.  Only in his place once left within 5 minutes. He was yelling and screaming at some of the customers in his place.  I was not on the receiving end  but had had it with what he was doing.  Right out of line. Have heard this is how he reacts to a lot of folk that come in. Not sure how he stays open. Just cannot bring myself around to deal with this guy

I'm patient though may take time  but hopefully will find it down the road again

weavers

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0