Economy Shipping from outside US now is 5-10 business days!!!

Recently we had much more item not received cases and negative feedback etc! Most of them from US customers. We ship to US from Ontario via Canada Post oversized letter mail.

We choose "Economy Shipping from outside US" as shipping method, suppose to be 11~23 business days according to ebay site while listing, it worked fine before. But recently they all changed to 5~10 business days while viewing from browser, and when customer make the purchase, service standard is 5~10 days, of course we had lots dissatisfaction customers and cases!

Probelm are all from ebay.com, not ebay.ca.

Any ideas? Tried to call ebay, they record the problem but didn't give me a solution.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Economy Shipping from outside US now is 5-10 business days!!!

We have a semi-dedicated eBay staffer here;  tyler@ebay 

"Semi" because he also works with posts to the dotCOM Boards.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

That's frustrating! It looks like they made a few changes to that and still haven't fixed the shipping time to Canada.  I'm going to try and make a list later on of the problems with delivery times that don't match with reality or with what ebay states on the listing page.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Will try to contact Tyler, see how it works! 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

For a temporary solution, I extend the handling time to 3 business days, so it is 8 to 13 days for US, helped a little bit but not solving the problem.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Take note that increasing handling time only works if the item does not get marked shipped until the last day allowed. We also list on .com with our USA based account. We had to change handling time to 10 business days on .com and not mark shipped until 9 or 10 business days later (for USA buyers only). This has almost completely solved the INR claims from USA with that account. Ebay is promising 3 to 4 day delivery times over on .com.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply