February 21st 2018 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Howdy -

Opening the chat. Thanks for the tags and messages last week and over the weekend, I'll make sure to respond this week.

See you tomorrow!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

@fashionoutletdeal wrote:

Hi Tyler 

The issue its going on with markdown manager and the email that i received from tech support its stating thats happen because i use markdown manager .Is there another way to create a sale or im just tooooooooo blond .
Calculate shipping doesnt work properly charge the customers less than what i need to pay in the end .If eBay decided to give a discount to the customer they should compensate us.

I never get this $30 back for promoting items when i should .Talking with customer service of course its usseless

Why the watchers  doesnt show on the listing when i have watchers over 65  on some items .

When the adds will be removed under our listing 

I will appreciated detailed answer on all my questions .

And something else With this auto approved return request whats the time frame for the customer to return the item .

Thank you in advance to take a time and the effort  to answer me 

Ah i forgot why we search for items at eBay.ca why showing me China Honkkong etc .I do not need to do detail search on .ca because its about eBay.ca which means im looking for Canadian sellers 

Hi @fashionoutletdeal - happy to help!

“Is there another way to create a sale?”

Markdown Manager has been combined with the Promotions Manager to allow you to create sales. You can access it by going to www.ebay.ca/sh/mkt.

“Calculate shipping doesnt work properly”

There are several issues going on with Calculated Shipping right now, but none that I’m aware of that are displaying a smaller postage amount than what is actually being charged. In general, we’d want you to make sure that the inputs you’re using are accurate and that the proper package type and shipping service is being used. Also make sure that your Shipping Preferences (Account>Site Preferences>Shipping Preferences) are set up to not pass along carrier specific discounts.

“I never get this $30 back for promoting items when i should”

I’m really sorry to hear that, but I’m not familiar with the promotion you’re referring to. Feel free to start a thread with more detail and tag me and I’ll review it!

“Why the watchers  doesnt show on the listing when i have watchers”

The number of watchers does not show on the View Item Page. It can still display in search results to other potential buyers and will always be visible to you from Selling Manager.

“When the adds will be removed under our listing”

For the time being, there is not a plan I’m aware of to remove them.

“With this auto approved return request whats the time frame for the customer to return the item”

If a return is automatically accepted, the buyer would have the same amount of time to return the item as they do if you were to do so manually (5 business days from when the return was accepted).

“why we search for items at eBay.ca why showing me China Honkkong etc”

Members from all over the world are allowed to post items for sale on any eBay site. Additionally, items posted on one eBay site can be cross-promoted to other sites if the item offers international shipping. This isn’t something that we plan on changing, so if you are interested in looking at items specifically located in Canada I encourage you to run a detailed search.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 21 of 22
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@around_again_records wrote:

Calculated shipping still not working Small Packet Air USA is what I use. I can't speak for others, but that service is still not working for me. Last time I checked there were NO shipping options at all showing, but that seems to change, from nothing at all, to only giving Canadian shipping calculations to giving USA calculations with the Error message that it can't calculate shipping.

I have some listings where I only ship to Canada and USA Small Packet Air. Those listings work fine. Any that I have with Canada, USA Small Packet Air and International Small Packet Air do not work.

Please when will this be fixed?

Hi @around_again_records - I've been working closely with our product design and tech teams on the issue of no shipping showing on listings whatsoever. A fix is in the works, but I don't know exactly when it will be rolled out. I will keep this thread posted when I have more information.

Tagging @momcqueen & @flyhooks4less because they had similar questions.

Hi everyone! I just wanted to update this thread and let you know I received word this morning that the fix our product team has been working on was rolled out. Buyers are now able to calculate shipping rates on listings (including to the US). 

The 'invalid postal code' message display issue remains and is being worked on currently. Thanks for your patience while this has been sorted out!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 22 of 22
latest reply