May 12 2021 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

Opening the chat for your questions. It's just me this week, and I'll begin working on answers tomorrow afternoon!

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: May 12 2021 Weekly Session

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

Difference between ebay.CA seller hub and ebay.COM seller hub.

When looking at order details  .COM displays the delivery dates -- it would be useful if .CA did the same.

delivery dates shown on ebay.comdelivery dates shown on ebay.com

versus

no delivery info shown on ebay.cano delivery info shown on ebay.ca

-..-

Ooooh good catch @ypdc_dennis - I'll get this sent over as a suggestion!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 21 of 29
latest reply

@al_minirides wrote:

Hello Tyler. I am having problems with the managed payment system and the team at MP doesn't or can't seem to fix the problem. The problem is basically that I cannot receive my payouts. I have put all my listings on " time away " until the problem is rectified. I will outline what has hapened so far.

Apr 28th ... Signed up for managed payments thru my online bank portal ,which I was guided to thru Ebay during the sign up procedure. Received my message from Ebay that I was all set up and good to go.

Apr 29th... Made my first 2 sales ... One to a USA buyer and one to a Canadian buyer.

Apr 29th- May 3rd... payments were showing as processing

May 4th .... Received message from Ebay stating that payout was sent to bank and could that it could take an additional 1-4 Days to arrive in bank account - money did not show up.

May 6th...Received message from Ebay stating that payout was sent to bank and could that it could take an additional 1-4 Days to arrive in bank account - money did not show up

May 11th....Received message from Ebay stating that payout was sent to bank and could that it could take an additional 1-4 Days to arrive in bank account - money did not show up

Between May 3rd & May 11th....Put all my listings on "time away". Have talked to rep(s) from MP team at least 4 times. One rep has called me back 3 times himself to "monitor" the situation. All stating that all seems good on their end and must be a problem with the bank. Have called my bank at least 3 times and thet see absolutely nothing happening on their end...No failed or pending deposits and are unable to recognize the bank transaction ID # that was supplied by the MP rep. Banks reps all ask " Why don't you get set up for Paypal?" Explained that I did use them for almost 20 years but got forced into "an easier way to get paid" by Ebay.

I really want to get this fixed or have the option to return to using Paypal until Ebay gets this sorted out.In my early days of selling on Ebay, I honestly used to receive money orders in the mail quicker than this and then after swuitching to Paypal, I used to enjoy my funds being in my bank account within 2 business days.

Please do not suggest that I go on to any form of social media to talk to Ebay reps as I do not have and will not set up any form of social media account (s). 

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi @al_minirides - your experience sounds really frustrating and disheartening. Unfortunately, I am not able to assist with detailed account issues, particularly when it comes to the payments area. I have to ask you to continue to work with payments trained teammates on this. I'm sure you already have, but if possible I'd re-review to make sure that your information matches between eBay and your bank, and perhaps request a supervisor when you speak with someone from the payments team. 

Also - when it comes to payments, the only account specific support you can receive is via a callback request, so no need to get a social media handle. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 22 of 29
latest reply

@edubb101 wrote:

Hi Tyler,

I noticed this morning that the categories for sports cards are all falling under the "sports trading cards" -> "trading card singles".

Is there no longer a specific category for football, baseball, hockey etc.?

The template has also changed.  All the old fields are still there plus some new ones however they are re-arranged and appear different.  As an example one field used to read "card manufacuturer" and now just reads "manufacturer".  

These are not pressing issues however I would like to know if changes have been made to sports trading card categories and template / fields as I've noted above.

Thank you for your time.

edubb101

Hi @edubb101 - there were several different category changes announced in the Spring Seller Update (massive PDF version here). If I'm reading this right it appears there were several trading card subcategories that were all merged into 'Trading Card Singles', and there were a few newly created trading card categories. 

A category change like this would impact any previously saved templates you have. The (sort of) good news is that this PDF will have the numeric category id so if you use templates you should be able to quickly update them to the new category. 

When it comes to item specifics, if you notice any incorrect or glaringly inappropriate ones (my favorite example is a cookware category asking for shoe size) please forward that to sdsupport@ebay.com so they can work to get that fixed. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 23 of 29
latest reply

@richardcm wrote:

In the Seller Hub overview, module Seller Level (Region: Global). Why is it showing Sales (last 12 months) in US Dollars? I list on eBay Canada in Canadian dollars. No listing on eBay.com USA.

Is there a setting somewhere I need to change?

Please note that this is my buying eBay ID that I am posting with. 

Hi @richardcm - @lotzofuniquegoodies is right on this: it's been something present for quite some  time and I've passed the feedback on to the Seller Hub team repeatedly. I'll keep my fingers crossed we see it changed in the future!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 24 of 29
latest reply

@vintagenorth wrote:

Hi Tyler, just wondered if you have had a chance to see the thread on the Seller board titled “Why is a buyer allowed to open a case so early”. It seems that the US buyers are seeing a much shorter delivery time than what we are putting on our listings. This is causing problems for Cdn. Sellers. I know I already received a nice red donut for one of my listings because the buyer thought it should have been delivered much faster than what I had on my listing (11 to 23 days). With hardly any buyers leaving feedback these days it really brings down a sellers percentage. Any help is appreciated. 

Hi @vintagenorth - I haven't had a chance to look at that thread, but I will do so. I'll have a look at the feedback situation to see if there are any options too. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 25 of 29
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@vintagenorth wrote:

Hi Tyler, just wondered if you have had a chance to see the thread on the Seller board titled “Why is a buyer allowed to open a case so early”. It seems that the US buyers are seeing a much shorter delivery time than what we are putting on our listings. This is causing problems for Cdn. Sellers. I know I already received a nice red donut for one of my listings because the buyer thought it should have been delivered much faster than what I had on my listing (11 to 23 days). With hardly any buyers leaving feedback these days it really brings down a sellers percentage. Any help is appreciated. 

Tyler,

In case you haven't read that thread yet, on .com the choice of 'economy shipping from outside of the US' states in the listing form itself that there is a 11-23 eta and that has always carried over to the listing itself. Recently that was changed so that US buyers are seeing 4-10 business days plus handling time which is similar to the 'standard shipping from outside the US.'  some of the sellers have had cases have had to refund because although the listing form showed that htey had specified a longer eta, ebay had cut that time in half.

Thanks for the rundown @pjcdn2005 - that really helps!

I was hoping it would be a Canada-specific issue since I have a lot more sway there. The .com team can be difficult to get ahold of, but I'll work to see what I can do. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 26 of 29
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@vintagenorth wrote:

Hello Tyler,

Quick follow up to the above question. Are the previous announcements (dot ca/dot com) regarding seller protections for extending delivery times still in affect? Unable to tell if those announcements have an expiry date or are until further notice. Or do the bots "trump" those announcements? I've received the Seller Protection emails several times over the past 6 months but they appear to be the same information each time and there is no way to tell which transactions any defects relate to. Helpful info for sellers to understand where problems are happening.

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - most protection announcements cover specific events/situations and wouldn't be a blanket situation. If you see something on your account you feel should have been covered by a protection announcement the best course of action is to contact CS for an in-depth review. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 27 of 29
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

We may as well get all of the shipping eta problems in one thread. 🙂  (This is copied from the thread mentioned by vintage but the thread is so long that I thought that it would be noticed more here.)

As I mentioned a a few months ago the eta on .com for the generic standard and expedited international to Canada were changed and still haven't been fixed.

As shown in item 274593901952 (1day handling) a Canadian buyer sees an eta to Canada of 12-21 bus. days for standard international and 13-23 bus. days for expedited intl AND for economy shipping to Canada. There had always been a shorter time span for expedited & standard intl but for some reason they changed those 2 estimates last year and left economy the same so all estimates are almost identical.

I realize that particular setting could also be used by sellers in other countries shipping to Canada and isn't just for Canadian sellers but all 3 options should'nt be the same. It's ridiculous for a buyer in Canada to see a minimum of 12 business days for delivery from a Canadian seller. It's definitely not encouraging sales from Canadians.

I honestly do not remember what the previous estimates were but perhaps 3-8 for expedited intl + handling and 5-12 + handling for standard intl would work for now?

I don't mind lining all these up - makes it easy to get them all reported in a single swoop. Thanks @pjcdn2005

Tyler,
eBay
Message 28 of 29
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining the chat this week! It's now closed but will return!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 29 of 29
latest reply