May 6 2020 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

Opening the chat up for your questions. I'll be here tomorrow afternoon to start working on answers for you. 

Thanks!
Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: May 6 2020 Weekly Session

Please fix the following problems that have been unfixed for the last few months.

1. Ebay is no longer sending me emails when I get an offer to purchase from a potential buyer (my settings are all correct). I have to log into my ebay account to see if there are any offers.

2. Ebay removed the "send offer" option from my account (the one where you get to send offers to people watching your listings). This method was working well for me. Then one day, a few months ago, it just disappeared. I reported this to ebay a month or two ago, and got the usual reply that ebay is working on it. How about working on it today. FYI my other ebay account still has the "send offer" option, and it is a good way to sell items.

Some US sellers have an even better "send and offer" option. I've notice that if I add an item to my watch list, a US seller will often send me an offer within 24 hours. I've asked ebay how they can do that, and I've been told its in my settings - please tell me where?
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Hi Tyler!

In days gone by, you used to include with your opening item the running status of ongoing items raised in previous weeks that weren't resolved that day.

It would be helpful if you can restart doing that, it makes it easier for us to know what eventually happened and helps make sure we don't miss the result among all the new threads opened each week.

A current example is the "same day shipping" note that still is coming up for us, we know there is a ticket from last week, but I don't think it is resolved yet?

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

I am finding it hard to navigate easily on eBay pages for awhile now. Takes me numerous clicks to get to what I want. Half of the pages do not have any information on the top such as My eBay etc. And then half of the pages have nothing on the bottom such as Site Map, Community etc.  I am constantly clicking pages or having to use the back space button. Why can't everything be on each page like it used to be. It wastes a lot of time.

Thanks

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Another eBay (or possibly site wide glitch) App glitch:

Attaching a message for sellers does nothing. I almost primarily use the App, because I'm often not wanting to lug out my laptop.

I know we are having tough times, but it might be time to light a fire under mobile team and managers, they are seriously dropping ball. I would expect mobile to be a big push to enable commerce everywhere.
Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Please, please, get the "Same Day Shipping" note removed from our listings on .com

I have 2 or 3 day handling, yet this shows on all the .com listings I have.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

As of late I've(Many of us) have been getting offers (usually) from buyers that we have accepted in good faith where in turn the buyer chooses not to pay. No patient messaging seems to get any kind of a response. My thought is when they place those offers they don't bother checking the shipping and how much it will cost to get to their location.  When/if we do hear back and they've decided to cancel, we receive a message from eBay asking us to refund the buyer when we open up the request. Why would a seller refund a buyer when they haven't paid. Maybe that form message needs to be properly reworded.? Secondly the buyer is given 10 days to respond. This ties a sellers hands/inventory for that time. Causing pending  FVF's for an item that hasn't been paid for.  

The other scenario is waiting the 4 days to file and then having the customer either take their time to respond or not ever responding. Again leaving the seller in this state of limbo with their inventory and fees.

As for the cases where these may be Guest Buyers that refuse to pay do they even receive emails from eBay advising them to either complete payment of accept the cancellation request? Hard to know because getting any sort of an actual response from these problem customers is next to impossible.

-Lotz

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

@lucitabby wrote:

Please, please, get the "Same Day Shipping" note removed from our listings on .com

Tyler,

We would like the "Same Day Shipping" note removed from our .com listings as well.

We have 30 day handling on our .com items so we do not need the aggravation of having

"same day shipping" when this may not always be possible for us.

Thanks.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

HI, please fix the problem I'm getting when I press the print shipping button (after the buyer has paid and I want to buy a label).     Normally this goes directly to shippo, and I can buy the label as normal.

Right now I'm getting the following error message on ebay instead.

"An issue occurred and we were unable to create your shipping label. If ebay charged your account, we will automatically issue a refund."

When this happens, it forces me to log into Canadapost's web site and buy shipping the old fashioned way.   

This has been happening off and on for a couple of weeks now.     Instead of getting the normal reply from ebay "talk to shippo", (FYI its not a shippo problem, its an eBay problem).    Please fix this.     If ebay is going to have a print shipping button - at least make it work.

In this case, the order number is 13-04980-84361

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

I second that request.

Its also disturbing when this happens right before the end of the month - resulting in Ebay taking fees from us, and then issuing a credit in the following month.

One wonders if there is more going on here than meets the eye.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

@avionsunantiques wrote:
Please fix the following problems that have been unfixed for the last few months.

1. Ebay is no longer sending me emails when I get an offer to purchase from a potential buyer (my settings are all correct). I have to log into my ebay account to see if there are any offers.

2. Ebay removed the "send offer" option from my account (the one where you get to send offers to people watching your listings). This method was working well for me. Then one day, a few months ago, it just disappeared. I reported this to ebay a month or two ago, and got the usual reply that ebay is working on it. How about working on it today. FYI my other ebay account still has the "send offer" option, and it is a good way to sell items.

Some US sellers have an even better "send and offer" option. I've notice that if I add an item to my watch list, a US seller will often send me an offer within 24 hours. I've asked ebay how they can do that, and I've been told its in my settings - please tell me where?

Hi @avionsunantiques - I wish I had the technical know-how to get right on top of it! But because I don't, more detail below:

1. If you've checked to make sure your email provider has not been screening these as spam, and you've whitelisted the domain '@ebay.com' and '@ebay.ca' that definitely sounds odd. I'll get that reported. 

2. I've reported this as a potential technical issue and will keep you updated as I hear back.

You should be able to send offers to watchers as long as they meet the criteria (which it appears your listings do), when they appear. I'm not aware of a time-limit from when you start watching an item to when a seller is able to send an offer - it's not something you would set with a preference or setting choice, so it sounds like you may have been given inaccurate info.

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 22
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

Hi Tyler!

In days gone by, you used to include with your opening item the running status of ongoing items raised in previous weeks that weren't resolved that day.

It would be helpful if you can restart doing that, it makes it easier for us to know what eventually happened and helps make sure we don't miss the result among all the new threads opened each week.

A current example is the "same day shipping" note that still is coming up for us, we know there is a ticket from last week, but I don't think it is resolved yet?

Hi @ricarmic - to be entirely honest, that list was something that became very difficult to maintain. When there weren't immediate answers or resolutions it drove increasingly negative commentary and accusations that I was not 'doing anything', so I stopped doing it. 

The same-day-shipping issue is still being investigated, with no resolution as yet. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 22
latest reply

@2nd-time-around-jewelry wrote:

Hi Tyler,

I am finding it hard to navigate easily on eBay pages for awhile now. Takes me numerous clicks to get to what I want. Half of the pages do not have any information on the top such as My eBay etc. And then half of the pages have nothing on the bottom such as Site Map, Community etc.  I am constantly clicking pages or having to use the back space button. Why can't everything be on each page like it used to be. It wastes a lot of time.

Thanks

Hi @2nd-time-around-jewelry - this sounds really unusual, will you let me know what browser you're using and what technical troubleshooting you've already tried? 

Any screenshots you can grab of this would be helpful too!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 22
latest reply

@retroman_studios wrote:
Another eBay (or possibly site wide glitch) App glitch:

Attaching a message for sellers does nothing. I almost primarily use the App, because I'm often not wanting to lug out my laptop.

I know we are having tough times, but it might be time to light a fire under mobile team and managers, they are seriously dropping ball. I would expect mobile to be a big push to enable commerce everywhere.

Hi @retroman_studios - will you say more about exactly what you're encountering? 

To report something to mobile I'll also need the app version you're running, the device and OS the device is running. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 22
latest reply

@lucitabby wrote:

Hi @lucitabby - no word on this as yet, hang in there!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 22
latest reply

Thank you for your reply

There is nothing wrong with my email settings as I get emails from eBay telling be about offers on one eBay account but not on the other.

As for the send offer feature. It has disappeared completely from one eBay account but not the other. That means I can not sent offers to any watchers on one of my accounts. This is not a settings issue
Message 16 of 22
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Tyler,

As of late I've(Many of us) have been getting offers (usually) from buyers that we have accepted in good faith where in turn the buyer chooses not to pay. No patient messaging seems to get any kind of a response. My thought is when they place those offers they don't bother checking the shipping and how much it will cost to get to their location.  When/if we do hear back and they've decided to cancel, we receive a message from eBay asking us to refund the buyer when we open up the request. Why would a seller refund a buyer when they haven't paid. Maybe that form message needs to be properly reworded.? Secondly the buyer is given 10 days to respond. This ties a sellers hands/inventory for that time. Causing pending  FVF's for an item that hasn't been paid for.  

The other scenario is waiting the 4 days to file and then having the customer either take their time to respond or not ever responding. Again leaving the seller in this state of limbo with their inventory and fees.

As for the cases where these may be Guest Buyers that refuse to pay do they even receive emails from eBay advising them to either complete payment of accept the cancellation request? Hard to know because getting any sort of an actual response from these problem customers is next to impossible.

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - happy to help clarify and offer assurances where I can. 

The cancellation flow will automate a refund to the buyer as well as credit back your Final Value Fees. If a buyer hasn't paid, there's no financial transaction to reverse and the system isn't able to verify that it has been done. That's why the buyer is allowed 10 days to confirm if they either A) received a refund or B) never paid at all. If a buyer fails to reply to the message we assume it has been resolved after that time and your FVF are credited accordingly. 

However, there is not a point in time where we would tell you to send the item after you initiate the cancellation. You are free to relist the item after you have sent the cancellation notice to get it 'back on the shelf', no need to wait 10 days. If there is a problem with resolving the cancellation we would notify you via eBay message and you can work with CS on a FVF credit. 

Guest Buyers are kept in the loop with email messages, so no worries there. 

The form letter is designed to address several situations at once. If you know you haven't received payment, I'd hope that you know you don't need to issue a refund as well. But I'll pass your feedback along!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 17 of 22
latest reply

@gwrocen wrote:

@lucitabby wrote:

Tyler,

We would like the "Same Day Shipping" note removed from our .com listings as well.

We have 30 day handling on our .com items so we do not need the aggravation of having

"same day shipping" when this may not always be possible for us.

Thanks.

Hi @gwrocen - thanks for letting me know you're impacted by this too. I'll get you added to the open ticket. THanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 18 of 22
latest reply

@avionsunantiques wrote:

HI, please fix the problem I'm getting when I press the print shipping button (after the buyer has paid and I want to buy a label).     Normally this goes directly to shippo, and I can buy the label as normal.

Right now I'm getting the following error message on ebay instead.

"An issue occurred and we were unable to create your shipping label. If ebay charged your account, we will automatically issue a refund."

When this happens, it forces me to log into Canadapost's web site and buy shipping the old fashioned way.   

This has been happening off and on for a couple of weeks now.     Instead of getting the normal reply from ebay "talk to shippo", (FYI its not a shippo problem, its an eBay problem).    Please fix this.     If ebay is going to have a print shipping button - at least make it work.

In this case, the order number is 13-04980-84361

Hi @avionsunantiques - this is the first I've heard of a problem like this. I can't promise that it's an eBay problem, but I'll have a look and let you know what I find out. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 19 of 22
latest reply

@westcoastart2 wrote:
Thank you for your reply

There is nothing wrong with my email settings as I get emails from eBay telling be about offers on one eBay account but not on the other.

As for the send offer feature. It has disappeared completely from one eBay account but not the other. That means I can not sent offers to any watchers on one of my accounts. This is not a settings issue

Hi @westcoastart2 - thanks for the re-clarification!

I understood your report in the number 2 issue. That's something I've reported and will let you know as I hear back. 

The setting feature you mention being told is not something I'm aware of, which is what I was confirming for you. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 20 of 22
latest reply