Awful policies on customer requested cancellation and managed payments hinders seller performance

This managed payment program sucks. Deliberate excessive processing time, with a slick diagram presentation that blames a non-existing bank delay for their excessive profiteering, although with paypal I would often have my funds same or next business day. This allow for prompt shipping. Now having to wait 4-6 days to recieve payment. EBAY YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE MY BUSINESS PARTNER, not an internal embezzler. I have to meet quick shipping times to meets my seller service matrix targets, and your deliberate, unnecessary and excessive delays based solely on the bottom line hinder the ability to meet these targets. You set the standards and then hinder your partners ability to meet these targets based on you wanting to sneak a little extra.

As well, when a customer places an order then later request it to be cancelled,   I have 2 major beefs. Firstly, I am still charged 30 cents plus tax as a payment processing fee although I received no revenue. This is effectively theft. To further aggrevate the injury, I am required to pay in full IMMEDIATELY the entire balance back to the customer either through previously cleared funds that I had to wait 4-6 days for, or through an immediate debit on my personal bank account. The funds from the original transaction (from 6 days ago) have still not cleared. So I am put out current available funds I require to ship OTHER CUSTOMERS ORDERS, of whom their funds were lifted by ebay to immediately compensate the refund. Funny how it takes 4-6 days to come in but a few seconds to go out!! So now this awful policy is now affecting other customers ship times, and have a potential impact on my seller performance, which standards are now both dictated and hindered.

As your business partner, you require many things from myself to establish and maintain trust, both with ebay and the community. In contrast, as my business partner, you require to give as little as possible, put your own finances at top priority, seek to secure more than your fair share, chinse and chisel, and implement policies that put the responsibility on myself while shirking your own.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Awful policies on customer requested cancellation and managed payments hinders seller performance

with paypal I would often have my funds same or next business day.

Paypal was willing to "front" clients their payments once there was an established relationship.  New and occasional sellers have to wait up to 21 days for Hold to be released.

This allow for prompt shipping.

There is a certain amount of trust here. Although MP holds payments before transfer to our banks, we are still expected to ship when we are informed that MP has received payment. If you are waiting longer that is your responsibility.

EBAY YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE MY BUSINESS PARTNER,

EBay is not our friend or our partner.

EBay is our landlord.

Once you understand this, you can understand a lot more about the relationship.

when a customer places an order then later request it to be cancelled,

You are not required to cancel on buyer's request, although it usually is the smart move.

You are not required to refund until the purchase is back in your hands.

While you can have a No Returns policy, you cannot have a No Refunds policy.

I am still charged 30 cents plus tax as a payment processing fee

Paypal also charges a 30 cent non-refundable fee.

I am required to pay in full IMMEDIATELY the entire balance back... The funds from the original transaction (from 6 days ago) have still not cleared. 

If the funds have not cleared, you have not shipped.

If by "Cleared" you mean they are still with MP and not in your bank account, the funds are still available for the refund.

So now this awful policy is now affecting other customers ship times,

Why?

You can use the Held funds in your MP account to buy shipping labels.

put your own finances at top priority

See above-- eBay is our landlord, not our friend.

You can have your MP funds deposited daily rather than weekly.

For the record, at the moment only one of my eBay accounts is working properly, including one that was fine for a month and now can't find the bank it was transferring to.

It's a schlemozzle.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I will agree 100% with you on the long processing times.. I would guess probably 90+ % of ebay buyers are still using paypal,, so I don't understand why the delay in making funds available ..They get the funds immediately so why can't we..

Message 3 of 3
latest reply