More Managed Payments Hilarity

hlmacdon
Community Member

I'm beginning to think that staff are simply being hired off the street and thrown into the job on day one. Perhaps someone could train the staff so they are aware of the test program that is pushing Canadians through the US registration process. Moreover perhaps someone could inform them that Canadian businesses aren't going to have an EIN and that when we have Canada listed in our seller profile information that we are in fact, not in the US. 

I'll just continuing waiting a few more weeks (2 already) for the seller dashboard product manager to approve an escalated request for an upload button for manual verfication. Apparently rerranging the positions of existing functions that already worked is more important than sellers getting paid. $3100+ and counting, no big deal!

Ebay test programs are great and I would highly recommend them to anyone! 🤣 If the devs need some help I've got some NOS Dummies series books.

ebaylol.jpg

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I'm not even sure how to respond. That has to be so frustrating!

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

The solution for Mis-managed Payments is obvious.

1. Stop screwing your customers in search of "easy" ways to increase profits at your sellers' expense.

2. Hire management that actually is customer (seller) focused.

3. Get on your knees and beg Paypal to resume payment management.

If all of this pain inflicted on sellers and internal effort is necessary to fix all of the issues identified on this forum, then, clearly the Mis-managed Payments system just plain sucks.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@hlmacdon wrote:

I'm beginning to think that staff are simply being hired off the street and thrown into the job on day one. Perhaps someone could train the staff so they are aware of the test program that is pushing Canadians through the US registration process. Moreover perhaps someone could inform them that Canadian businesses aren't going to have an EIN and that when we have Canada listed in our seller profile information that we are in fact, not in the US. 

I'll just continuing waiting a few more weeks (2 already) for the seller dashboard product manager to approve an escalated request for an upload button for manual verfication. Apparently rerranging the positions of existing functions that already worked is more important than sellers getting paid. $3100+ and counting, no big deal!

Ebay test programs are great and I would highly recommend them to anyone! 🤣 If the devs need some help I've got some NOS Dummies series books.

ebaylol.jpg

My last call to eBay CS about an MP related issue it sounded like there were kids playing in the background with traffic sounds. English was okay but not excellent. Maybe a contact number for Ayden would have been more helpful vs eBay MP "Experts". I know some have had problems in the past with PayPal CS but personally I have always found extremely accommodating and professional. Even now, under the circumstances!!!

-Lotz

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I spoke with a customer service rep recently who definitely had birds near her. To me it sounded like chickens, much like talking to my SIL who keeps them for the eggs and keeps geese to chase off the eagles who love nothing better than a chicken dinner.

She was very embarrassed when I asked.

Many service clerks are working from home, no matter where they live. We may never see the return of what Douglas Coupland called "veal fattening pen" offices.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@femmefan1946 

I know someone that works for a US call center in Calgary. Their calls are all monitored and they will be written up if there are background sounds. No exceptions.

-Lotz

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I'm not even sure how to respond. That has to be so frustrating!

Infuriating would be more like it. The internal ping ponging and fobbing off is getting tiresome. You speak to one person on the phone who admits something is a known issue and will guide you through it. Great you think, this is documented on my account and anything else past this point should be a case of waiting for the appropriate people to handle the escalation. Nope, nothing happens and you just get multiple departments contacting you in a manner that shows they have not read any of the SR notes or internal tickets and simply use a templated reply so they can move on to the next ticket. Classic call center activity to reduce the number of tickets without ever solving anything. Try again and the cycle just repeats and you end up back at square one explaining the (already documented) issue over again.  

3 team leads, 3 promised call backs that didn't happen. One team leader says something is a known issue the next team leader tells you no it has been workine fine for over a month, which it clearly hasn't or I wouldn't be calling. If your team leads aren't even on the same page then something in your process is broken. You can't get anyone to actually follow your account as there is no way to follow up with them once they fail to reconnect with you.

It gets pretty insulting when someone says they are going to take accountability for fixing something then every communication after that point is just suggesting the same thing that caused the very issue you were contacting them about in the first place. That just shows nobody is actually listening or could give a **bleep** about your issue getting resolved. It just feels like just feels like a completely disingenous PR execise where nobody can actually get something done. I'm sure it works great once you are in, but if you encounter any issues Ebay is dropping the ball massively and messing customers around. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

RE:  Get on your knees and beg Paypal to resume payment management.

or make it easier just  "friggin copy it" . 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I avoided signing up for MP as long as possible and now have three of my selling accounts half way into the new system.

All three are accepting payments. None are putting money into my banks.

Sigh.

I've been trying to think of a good point for all this schmozzle and it is just barely possible that it will make opening new accounts instantly difficult and making changing existing bank choices impossible, both of which might work to discourage hijacked accounts and scam accounts.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

I avoided signing up for MP as long as possible and now have three of my selling accounts half way into the new system.

All three are accepting payments. None are putting money into my banks.

Sigh.

I've been trying to think of a good point for all this schmozzle and it is just barely possible that it will make opening new accounts instantly difficult and making changing existing bank choices impossible, both of which might work to discourage hijacked accounts and scam accounts.

You may want to include with your past post, re: "Selling on eBay" Sucessfully signing up for MP.

-Lotz

Message 10 of 10
latest reply