Renewed Credit Card, now it won't work

andrelamb
Community Member
My credit card expired a few months back and I got the renewed one. I updated the card in eBay a week or two ago, but I can't purchase anything here with it since that update.
When I try to buy something on eBay, a few minutes after checkout I get an email that my recent payment did not go through, so I need to go back to eBay to pay. But every time I try to pay the same thing happens.
When I look at my credit card balance online, I can see the credit added to my account when I pay, but then immediately taken off the account.
The credit card works fine everywhere else, just not in eBay. I've deleted and re-added the card a couple of times.
Any troubleshooting tips or knowledge of what's happening here?
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

marnotom!
Community Member

Have you tried using your credit card through PayPal rather than make a direct payment to eBay?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Are you trying to pay using the cart?

What happens for Pay with if you select "Add new card" instead of using the default choice?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I'm going to try that soon, but I'm interested in finding out the answer to the original question.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the idea. I tried it out but it didn't do anything different.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

The card didn't work via PayPal either.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

What financial institution issues your credit card?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Maybe check with the credit card issuer to make sure that it has been activated correctly. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply